The Trackpad on Macs are just amazing! It is THE reason I have never considered getting any other computer but a Mac...

The Trackpad on Macs are just amazing! It is THE reason I have never considered getting any other computer but a Mac for the past 4 years.
Am I the only one who constantly feel like all trackpads on other laptops are utter shit? Whenever I'm using another laptop I feel limited and the trackpad feel unresponsive, slow and just - dull.
To me there's really no competition on the market when it comes to the trackpad. Once you get used to it you're stuck. There's no way out of it desu :p

Fuck off Rajeesh.

Nice shitpost

>trackpad
Report, hide and sage.

Yes report hide and sage technology

Enjoy the ban

Trackpads are trash on everything, pajeet.

I own a MacBook Pro and Air. The Pro was provided by my job while the Air is a personal computer. The trackpads are good, but not good enough to make me buy another MacBook. I'm much happier with my thinkpad T420. It's super easy to service. I can install literally any OS on it with minimal effort, even OSX. I picked it up for about $380 almost 2 years ago. Upgraded to 8GB of RAM by taking a couple of screws out. MacBooks are nice computers. I might be able to justify the cost if they were easier to service on my own.

>macshit
>trackshit
>technology

Fuck off Pajeet.

Why would you need to service your laptop?

Enjoy the ban.

Fuck off Suhkdeep.

>Why would you need to service your laptop?
holy fuck Sup Forums is dead

You drop your laptop every day or what?

All the trackpads for the past 5-6 years are shit, the applel ones are just the least shitty. And why the fuck are they so huge? and why can't they have seperate buttons for clicking?

>and why can't they have seperate buttons for clicking?

What's the point of this?

Quick drag and drop for one.

I wouldn't expect a mactard who only uses his facebook machine for scrolling up and down his wall to understand that need.

There is quick drag and drop, it's called Copy and Paste

What CPU does your thinkpad have.

I love the ergonomics of thinkpad especially the amazing keyboards but I'm kinda afraid the CPUs are a bit sluggish nowadays.

I drag and drop all the time with my magic trackpad

see Intel i5

They're good trackpads, but they're still not as good as a mouse.
And having tried the 13 inch macbook pro, I can say their keyboards are mushy garbage compared to something like a Latitude.

Trackpads in general are shit, and they're only getting more shit since every laptop manufacturer insists on making the trackpads big enough to land a plane on. You can't type on a modern laptop without fucking clicking every three seconds because the palm detection shit never actually works. A mouse or trackpoint or fuck, even a trackball is preferable to a trackpad. And why the fuck does every trackpad now have that shit where you just click the pad down instead of having seperate buttons. Did you really need to make it that much bigger?

Shillposting to a degree it almost feels like shitposting. Narendra bank account +10$.

How often are you reinstalling an OS? How often are you swapping RAM?

How often do you touch a trackpad?

>big enough to land a plane on
Tiny trackpads are the worst pointing device man has ever conceived.
>why the fuck does every trackpad now have that shit where you just click the pad down instead of having seperate buttons
Because it's vastly superior. Why have only small portions being buttons at the bottom when the whole thing can function as multiple buttons?

>why would you need to service a laptop?
>do you drop it every day?

No, I've literally never dropped a laptop in my life. I don't appreciate the RAM being soldered on like a fucking phone. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to upgrade to newer components as they become available or as they are needed. Also, regular maintenance and cleaning will prolong the life of any machine. Computers are no different. This is why normies get new laptops every year or two while I only buy a new one when it's totally outdated, but not broken. Considering you shit in the street and worship what I would consider a Sunday barbecue, the lack of substance to your argument doesn't surprise me. You're a dirty pajeet. If you ever want something better in life, move to a first world country, go to university, wash your hands, be polite, and find a better job than trying to convince neckbeards to buy an inferior product. Have a nice day rajeesh.

yo three finger swipe drags and drops the fuck outta my files

>How often are you reinstalling an OS?
Every couple months since it's my spare laptop.

>How often are you swapping RAM?
Whenever I feel like upgrading it.

>How often do you touch a trackpad?
Never since they're all shit.

>awkward as fuck gestureshit gimmick crutch to make up for not having real buttons

The fuck outta here mactoddler.

>Never
you should try a macbook trackpad i hear they're pretty good

You can use the trackpad for drag and drop just like you would any other trackpad
>press down and hold down with one finger (like that beloved dedicated button you just can't do without)
>drag selected files to drop location
>release just like you normally would
You know for being a tech board you people sure are retarded

>uses macshit toddler toys
>thinks he belongs on a tech board
>calling anyone else retarded

>Tiny trackpads are the worst pointing device man has ever conceived.
Do you have big fat gorilla fingers or something? Even the tiniest trackpads have enough room to move the cursor from one side of the screen to the other with one drag, while still retaining a good degree of accuracy.
>Because it's vastly superior. Why have only small portions being buttons at the bottom when the whole thing can function as multiple buttons?
Every time I've tried to use those retarded integrated buttons, I have issues with the cursor going off of the thing I'm trying to click on, since, when applying force to click the touchpad, your finger tends to slide around on the slippery touchpad material. And besides that, having the buttons not exactly defined means plenty of times where your right click when you meant to left click and vice-versa.

yo gestures work great and is my pointing tech of choice in 25 years of computering

trackpoint master race

>Do you have big fat gorilla fingers or something
No, my fingers are very tiny, I'm underweight so everything on me is thin. Either way 1"^2 of trackpad is fucking terrible.
>other issues
Never had a problem with any of that
>And besides that, having the buttons not exactly defined means plenty of times where your right click when you meant to left click and vice-versa.
I can right click, left click, and middle click anywhere on my trackpad, there are no designated areas
>one finger click is left click
>two finger click is right
>three finger click is middle

Screen and trackpad are the only thing I can say Apple did right. Everything else there is trash though.

epik memes, don't you have middleschool tomorrow?

Don't forget OS X

>OS
Maybe once a week. I have 30ish GB partition dedicated to installing and trying out new Linux distros that interest me.
>RAM
Not often but I repair computers for a living. If I'm short on parts I can put one of my 4GB RAM cards into whatever I'm refurbishing. This way I can get that laptop on the shelf sooner. I can live a few days with only 4GB for personal use.
>Trackpad
Not often. I rarely find myself without a mouse. The only time I use it is when a mouse is inconvenient, such as when need to send emails or watch a movie on my 45 minute train ride to and from work each day. I usually use my phone anyway.

Keyboard is okish and build quality is good.

>Don't forget OS X
I wish I could.

apple trackpads are good, better than most for sure, but trackpads will always be inferior pointing devices.

I for one am very fond of the ibm trackpoint. I've never owned a computer with a cursor nipple but I would absolutely love to

Trackball mice are pretty good these days, i dont see why they can't incorporate that into a laptop.

blackberry sort of combined the trackpoint with the trackball and it was shit imho, but some people really liked it

DESIGNATED

Why would you want to forget about the best desktop operating system?

>blackberry sort of combined the trackpoint with the trackball
No, they never did. BlackBerry's only used trackballs and trackpads. The trackball was superior.

SHITTING

>No, my fingers are very tiny, I'm underweight so everything on me is thin. Either way 1"^2 of trackpad is fucking terrible.
Fellow skinnyfag here. I don't know what your issue is, my ~2.8"2 trackpad on my Memepad seems to work pretty well for me, but then, I usually use a mouse or the keyboard clitmouse.

Ultimately, I guess it comes down to preference. I rarely ever even use a trackpad, can't stand the texture of sliding my thingers on them (hands are hyper-sensitive), so I like them small and out of the way. I guess I'm just frustrated because no modern laptops really cater to me. Every laptop manufacturer has a boner for Macs and the design trends they started. You just can't find a laptop these days that doesn't look like it was made in a wind tunnel, or that has a decent keyboard, or any of that shit.

STREET

ebin

Fuck off Pajeet.

reminder tha big tech companies literally hire people to talk about their products online - people arent just making poop jokes and calling others pajeet because they hate apple, its because they're literally here for marketing purposes

Fuck off middleschooler

If Appleshit is so good, why do they need to censor and strong arm the media so hard?

It's not like they're selling $200 chinktrash marked up 500% at huge profit margins are they?

And their customers aren't brain dead enough to actually believe massive profit margins are good for the consumer right?

2 rupees have been deposited in your shit wiping hands Suhkdeep.

>If Appleshit is so good, why do they need to censor and strong arm the media so hard?
That's what a good PR department does.

The real world is gonna hit you like a ton of bricks kid.

I'm white and not a shill you moron. I'm just not gimped with blind hatred like you are. Someday you'll grow up.

Well, hopefully.

>shills macshit
>i'm white

Fuck off Pajeet.

objectively incorrect

I'm not shilling anything dipshit.

>this is how brain washed appletards are
lmao @ ur lyfe

You're not even trying to hide it Rajeesh.

There are people in this thread who prefer back button instead of swipe. Tells me enough about this "tech" board.

Why would I hide the fact that I'm a proud white male?

>shilling macshit
Fuck off Pajeet.

I'm not shilling anything you mongoloid, I'm discussing technology on a technology board.

>macshit
>technology

Fuck off Rajeesh. No one's buying your fruity toddler meme toys.

There is literally nothing wrong with using Apple computers.

>Apple
>computers

Pick one Pajeet.

>lel xDDD apple sux
Seriously user you should be getting to bed, you probably have finals coming up soon Wouldn't want to waste your last summer before high school in summer school now would you?

>lel xDDD apel rox!!
2 poos have been deposited in your shit wiping hands Sanjay.

Apple makes best laptops for light use in this planet.

Can't wait what will they bring in WWDC.

i agree, macbook trackpads are just amazing. although i have to admit that there are some decent trackpads on other laptops these days too that are almost tolerable.

epik

>Apple makes best laptops for light use in this planet.
At least you finally admit Apple only makes toddler toys Yakshit.

if by best you mean most expensive/highest build quality than sure but literally everything else about macbooks is meme tier shit

>for light use
So facebook toys that are useless for real work, gotcha.

>doing "real work" on a laptop
>thinks he's in any place to call others stupid
kek

>owns macshit
>thinks he's in any place to call others stupid

It does everything except gaming and super heavy cad/3D work. I don't have to disable spyware, bloat and botnet nor do I have to deal with any bullshit.

It's scaling with highres display is great unlike in windows. Trackpad is still the best one I have ever used on laptop.

People spout the Macs are overpriced meme but literally any comparable Windows laptop on specs, screen, and build quality are also overpriced as shit
See: XPS 13, new Spectre, the even more overpriced Surface Book that acts as a half-assed laptop and a half-assed tablet

>implying I own anything Apple
Nice assumptions faggot.

>I don't have to disable spyware, bloat and botnet nor do I have to deal with any bullshit.

Because you can't since apple is locked down toddler trash.

The real issue is that the laptop market is utter stagnate shit. No one is trying to innovate or do anything other than the shitty ultrabooks that we've been seeing for five years now.

I would image so since apple only pays you Pajeets 2 rupees a day.

Don't have a firmware which can be messed with virus. Sounds good to me

>anyone who disagrees with me is a shill
Sure thing kid

programming on them for anything other than web development is garbage - my complaints about apple mostly have to do with their operating system
also this years macbook air have next to no tactile feedback on their keyboard, its like someone drew a keyboard on a piece of metal
also the trackpad might be good but i never use them because i hate touch sensitive technology and basically exclusively use a mouse when i can
fuck off modern macbooks are literally a phone inside the case of a laptop

Fuck off Pajeet.

I never said the MacBook was good, just that the Windows alternatives are just as shitty

>xD everyone but me is a shill amirite

How much overtime are you getting today Sandeep?

simply ebin

>Programming on them for anything other than web dev is garbage.
well that's just like your opinion man. Can't see any difference between cheaper or more expensive laptops in this regard.

>this years Macbook air have next to no tactile feedback on their keyboard.

Only thing what they upgraded on Macbook AIRs was they upped default ram to 8gb. You don't know what you are talking about. They update airs and pros in WWDC.

Do they pay you in rupees or hand sanitizer Prakesh?

You are cancer that is killing Sup Forums.

For the first time I am actually starting to see the shills among us

Fuck off Pajeet. You are cancer that is killing Sup Forums.

No it's definitely you. You and the mods are asleep faggots

Fuck off with your shill cancer Pajeet. No one is buying your toddler trash no matter how much you shill.

You should be reported as you don't bring any quality discussion here. Can't wait for wwdc to see which mac I am going to buy next. Heard they might make bigger updates other than just cpu upgrade.