The man behind Phonebloks says Google’s Project Ara is headed in the wrong direction

Are they gonna fuck it up, Sup Forums?

www.androidauthority.com/phonebloks-creator-doubts-google-ara-695346/

That project is already fucked. Can't even replace CPU, screen or anything relevant.

kek
Already dinged up in the pictures. GG

Its like paying for phone DLC or something.

You can't expect that kinda shit, it'll take years before we have anywhere near the same hardware control as we do with desktops. The concept isn't bad but knowing Google, they'll probably ruin & botnet the fuck out of it.

Kek
/thread

Lots of goods follow this pattern, think about buying a car where you get your basic shit and if you want you pay more for optionals

The Phonebloks guy can suck my dick, I don't give a shit about what he thinks. He's just some faggot artist.

They implicate playing minecraft with phone components as such an industry changer

L O L

O

L

The main reason I was excited for Ara was that it'd greatly lower the hurdle for blob-free core phone components to enter our phones. Assuming third parties can make their own frames, it is now somewhat lowered but not anywhere near enough to let us expect anything within the next five years.

I understand why they've switched it up, but I am disillusioned and sad. It's still in the right direction, albeit on the wrong path.

Why you heff to be med

You may upgrade your 1.3MP Google™ EzCaml for only $100.. You'll also need to purchase our latest. EzCamLensExtension™ to fully experience Ara™.

So what CAN you replace? I know of additional batteries but is that really it?

He didn't create anything, he had a stupid idea and for some god awful fucking reason people tried to roll with it Google threw money at it.

What you will end up is replaceable backs with larger batteries and added functionality like buttons or wireless.

Oh wait we already have that.

Shit, I always wanted a MILFphone that says ara ara when I turn it on.

>Are they gonna fuck it up
Nah, relax. Nothing can fuck up a retarded idea of a fucking lego-phone.

I would constantly be rebooting my phone

hoe many module battery do he containors?

uh... what?

hoe many modules battery do phone contain at time?

This. If modular laptops aren't even popular, there's no way in hell a modular smartphone will be any better.

The point with ara was a phone for Sup Forumss.

But they limited it hard and made it for normies instead so they can buy the latest camera module to post selfies with their nigger sticks or annoy people with the latest speaker module in public transport.

Comments section summarized it pretty well. Guy should be glad that he even got funding for a project that would have never worked in the first place.

Pretty much.

Let this meme go the way of VR already.

Fairphone 2 has replaceable screen cpu battery (and all the other parts) modules and doesn't have retarded blocks which will probably result in latency and modules falling out if dropped, this concept is fucking stupid.

This. What even is the point if you can only upgrade the battery and storage? Woop woop, we've made phones that are literally the same as the ones you've had all along, except you'll think they're innovative because we're marketing them like legos.

It could be but sadly this not gonna happen

>it was never feasible as a mass market product
Only things they changed were the ability to swap the SoC and anything on the front of the phone, and regular people most certainly did care about swapping the screen.

>m-muh bus speed
Exactly how much shit on a phone needs more than PCI-E x2? Considering the GPU and other components that need high bandwidth are integrated into the SoC.

>same goes with memory and processors
Except phones use SoCs so the ARA wouldn't have to provide buses designed to be future proof for high bandwidth uses.