If you can't innovate, imitate

If you can't innovate, imitate

t. ASUS

anandtech.com/show/10373/asus-announces-the-zenbook-3-a-macbook-competitor-with-core-i7-16gb-dram-and-1tb-ssd

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Taiwan_dollar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean, improve.

MACFAGS ON SUICIDE MECHANICAL WATCH

>fell for the 16gb ram meme

Why should I fall for asus meme if it's gonna cost same or maybe even more that a macbook?

Yay, another amazing innovative product by Ass-ooze.

Whats the point of being this thin? What disadvantages would it have if it was 20mm?

>specs
woah this is great
>that color
puke, discarded

it needs to be able to fit in a macfag's pink purse

>copy macbook
>don't fall for the no memory, no CPU power meme
>thereby fixing the mistakes the macbook has

i couldn't care less about an hour of battery time one way or the other, but i certainly don't want a fucking atom cpu, that shit is disgusting. the 1499 model with 512gb ssd is perfect. now tell me: did they also fix the abomination of a keyboard the macbook sports or is that as shit as usual?

fuck off

>has i7
>doubles the ram
>100$ less
you should read the article, user.

>i don't understand the OPs statement

i agree with this

>looks as good as a MacBook but it has non shit specs
You guys don't like having the best of both worlds

>but as a difference ASUS has engineered the keyboard to allow for 0.8mm of key travel, compared to 0.4mm of the Macbook.
Bravo. Apple BTFO.

>pink
fuschia, darling

>the industry spends more time trying to make laptop 0.1% thinner and 1000% more expensive instead of solving the shit battery-life/screen resolution to gpu power ration/others issues that have been plaguing laptop users for decades.

such is Sup Forums

sounds promising.

it's spelled fuchsia. i have no idea why i know that.

i you care about a gpu, ultrabooks are not for you. 'tis your rhyme for the day.

Idk meng, my asus t100ta gets roughly 12 hours usage before it needs to be recharged.

I'm talking about manufacturers putting almost 4K screens on ultrabooks with no/shitty GPUs.

>touchpad is still dog-shit-tier

>1 USB port
Why

You want more than one? Thing's supposed to be ultra-portable, you're not supposed to be carrying around anything apart from maybe a USB stick.

The old one has 3 and is still thinner than an MBA

i'll fuschia until you love me faggot

You forgot the pic

What's the point anyway of not having a 4K display? You can put it on a resolution that works for you (1080p), besides Windows scaling is shit as it is, Win10 is manageable but its no OSX.

As long as you are not gaming on your ultrabook, a 4K display is not overkill (streaming/watching 4K content, video edits, etc)
An integrated Intel card from the past 3 years supports 4K displays @ 60fps so I'm not really sure what the problem here is.
imho 1 is too little, 2 is just fine.
1 needs to be there for a usb wireless mouse dongle (then again there's bluetooth too so ehh just change your mouse), and the other needs to be there for an external hard drive/flash drive without unplugging the USB wireless dongle.

That's the only usage scenario I see. If you plan on connecting multiple external hard drives and devices, then you might as well shell out 5$ and buy a chink USB 3.0 hub, cause chances are you are going to be using it on a desk with other stuff there as well, so bulk isn't a problem.

Yeah, but this is almost half a mm thinner, gotta stay one step ahead of Apple in case their new laptop is thinner than the current one.

Because its far more convenient and compact to carry around an adapter in case you need to plug in a USB drive

I don't want more than one, I NEED more than one. Phone usb cable and a usb-stick at the same time is a minimum that I use every day where ever I ago and what ever I do.

>no 8gb ram model
>1 USB port

so much promise but asus dun goofed. I literally have no reason to upgrade from my surface pro 3 to this

Then don't buy this laptop...

When you go to the laptop store to buy a laptop, look at this laptop, then decide against buying it.

You can also use the same criteria to exclude other potential laptops from your selection process.

damn, that is one sexy ultrabook. whats the resolution??

Yeah, that 4gb model for 1000 bucks is no better than applel.

no im autistic and if every single product ever made doesn't cater specifically to me i get throw a tantrum

>even thinking about upgrading from a Surface Pro 3
Dude, it would be perfectly fine until a Pro 7 at this rate of improvement.

Worse battery life
Worse screen
Worse build quality
Worse support
Worse trackpad

Yawn

>buttblasted asus shill

I've got some spare cash so I thought why not but fuck it I'm keeping the surface for now

>telling someone to not buy an asus laptop
>shilling for asus

>Macfag trolls out in force.
Thunderbolt 3, 16GB ram, 1TB PCIe SSD
(Steve Jobs is dead or your macfag refresh would already have this shit guaranteed)

>fell for the angry ousting on imageboards meme

>1TB PCIe SSD

*$2000

1700MB/s sequential read.

fap fap fap
Desktops are dead.

$500 upgrade from 512GB PCIe SSD

It's just not worth it.

>i couldn't care less about an hour of battery time one way or the other
Then why the fuck buy a portable machine at all? Just get a desktop.

Also, I am really curious how they are going to cool that fucking thin thing.

But I dont really care, I'm not interested in some shitty consumer bling-bling machine.

And if I were, I'd buy the macbook, instead of some fake. Seriously, this is the same shit as a fake rolex! Sure, it will tell the time, the same way as a real one, and maybe some folks will not notice, but if you must have some easily recognized status symbol, go with the original.

Asus put a 3mm thin fan it it.
Thinnest fan in the world apparently.

can't stand Asoos's "spun-metal" look. hp also did it first. same as with the HP, even ULV i7 in that thing will be throttle hell.

best hp = business hp

indeed, but their new consumer products are quite nice.

fuck hp consumer products, they are terrible

don't fall for the tricks

That HP looks so awful. It's this "Premium" look that appeals to Nouveau riche, bourgeois middle-class people or tacky poor people.

Apple's design in the past few years has been patchy, but they tend to stick to classic German/Japanese design of the ilk of Braun and Sony and as a result have a more timeless appeal.
Obviously, the early re-birth "aqua" looking shit got old quickly, but they entered their classic period with the second-gen iMac and it peaked with the iPhone 4, the often imitated unibody Macbooks/Macbook Pros and obviously, the iPod.

HP products period are terrible. Their business class shit was awful too thats why they bought Compaq.

Owned two HPs and two Dells in my lifetime. Never again. I thought each device was just bad on its own, hence the second purchase.
Also, Sony Viaos are awful. Had one for a week and brought it straight back. It was a piece of junk -- and expensive at that.

>Their business class shit was awful too thats why they bought Compaq.

and the compaq guys still run the show, so really all that changed was the fucking badge

There is a reason the Apple uses a core M, and even then it thermal throttles. Stuffing a higher power i7 (unless it has a fan?) won't make it better. The extra ram is a good touch though. Also is that 1tb sata ssd or a PCI like in the macbook.

>HP products period are terrible
the "period" emphasis goes at the end of the statement, FYI. you don't just say it anywhere.

I want this thinness war to stop.

The reason Apple uses a Core M is because they are cheap shits.

Stuffing a higher power i7 in it means it will burst process faster, so for similar tasks to that which the Macbook will be used, the i7 will complete faster and return to idle states, which means it spends less time at higher draw states.

Also, it has better cooling.

A cheap HP desktop has been my gateway device for about 3 years, now. Fuck HPE, though.

>only embedded LTE laptop you can find without special ordering
>Core M processor

I WANT TO DIE

>gold trim on every model

WHY

Looks better than the Macbook.
Better specs than the Macbook.
Lower price than the Macbook.
All told, it kicks the Macbook's ass in every single way.

It's still stupid. Connectivity is pathetic and it's wimpy for the price. There is no need for a device that thin.

>asus

in the fucking bin

They won't stop until I can break my laptop with a dick slap

1 taiwanese dorra was tlansfelled to youl account

what's a dorra?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Taiwan_dollar

so in your joke taiwanese people have the same speech issues that's a cliche of japanese people, and they announce that they're paying shills in the middle of the thread for which they're supposed to be undercover.

okay. you should trip or something, by the way.

tliggeled chink?

Apple just stole all their designs from Braun. What's old is new again.

Why would you say "dorra" and then go on to use l's?
Step it up with your chinkposting m8.

anything faster throttles fairly quickly in that tablet body.

>t. Asus
what does "t." mean?

t. newfriend

Signed.

to make it extra chinky

But you made it less chinky since you introduced a Jap element to it.

Now instead of 100% chink it's just 66% chink and 33% Jap.

>implying I give a fuck about gook types

many asus laptop is a scam, many of them weren't standard, no backlit keyboard, hdd, meme 1366x768res, kek battery, the one op posted is the most expensive lineup. So good luck shilling this asus junk.

>and the compaq guys still run the show, so really all that changed was the fucking badge

>so really all that changed was the fucking badge

>all that changed was the fucking badge

>changed was the fucking badge

>the fucking badge

>badge

E D G E

D
E D G E
G

E D G E

I've seen it both ways.

>16:9

DOA

I didn't know apple had the exclusive rights to mkae a thin metallic laptop with round edges, OP

And the usb-c port is on the right. Clearly not a macbook copy

At least it has one :DDDD

>over priced with absolute shit connectivity
>still better and cheaper than a mac
Nice.

>shit connectivity
40gbps Thunderbolt 3 over usb-c and wigig.

What the fuck else would you need honestly?

>1080p display
AHAHAHAHA not having 4k display on premium notebook is fucking retarded

More than 1 USB, maybe?
It has no HDMI, VGA, DP, LAN, power connection, additional USB slots or SD card reader.
Why the fuck would you buy a laptop with only 1 USB port and a 3.5 jack. There absolutely no reason.
At this point you could buy a tablet as well.

How often does the average netbook user attach a bunch of peripherals? Pretty much never, more ports is useless.

You are missing the point of Thunderbolt 3 dude.

It has displayport, ethernet, usb, audio, etc all in one port. You would just use a Thunderbolt dock.

The days of having to plug in and unplug 3-5 things when you want to take your laptop off your desk are over.

That's because people can't stop spelling it wrong. Like hard g vs soft g in GIF.

They were over before they began, docking stations were the GOAT.

>netbook user
That's the point. If you only need a netbook, why pay >999$.
If you want a laptop to actually work on, what the fuck do you want to do with no ports.
That device is pointless.

>You would just use a Thunderbolt dock.
That's the point. Why carry a shitty dock with you if you can have all these nice ports build in.
This is typical retard iFag mentality.

HP released one which is even more thinner

>16:9
How cinematic

That's a penis

yeah, but still better than anything asus.
also asus notebook service is just horrible and according to tests, the worst of them all.

There are advantages.
The laptop is lighter, less points of failure. Honestly if you are taking your laptop somewhere you likely aren't going to need your peripherals.

Nothing will ever be as good as a Macbook.

Only macbook owners will know that though.

So Sup Forumsentoos will keep shilling this crap

>what the fuck do you want to do with no ports.
Uh..anything? How are you so reliant on ports?