bento.io/
programming-motherfucker.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
theodinproject.com/
freecodecamp.com/
w3schools.com/
developer.mozilla.org/
codewars.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=JxAXlJEmNMg&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7664379246A246CB - "Crockford on JavaScript" lecture series.

>Frontend development
github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks

>Backend development
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks
gist.github.com/dypsilon/5819528/

>Useful tools
pastebin.com/q5nB1Npt/
libraries.io/ - Discover new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones you depend upon.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - Guides for HTML, CSS, JS, Web APIs & more.
programmableweb.com/ - List of public APIs

>NEET guide to web dev employment
pastebin.com/4YeJAUbT/

>How to get started
youtube.com/watch?v=pB0WvcxTbCA - "WATCH THIS IF YOU WANT TO BECOME A WEB DEVELOPER! - Web Development Career advice"
youtube.com/watch?v=zf_cb_Nw5zY - "JavaScript is Easy" - If you can't into programming, you probably won't find a simpler introduction to JavaScript than this.

>cheap vps hosting in most western locations
lowendbox.com
digitalocean.com/
linode.com/
heroku.com/
leaseweb.com

Other urls found in this thread:

astaxie.gitbooks.io/build-web-application-with-golang/content/en/index.html
pastebin.com/HeSJRYrj
wiki.php.net/rfc/callable-types)?
Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Go and maintainability.

> Death to PHPajeets!

first comment is racist. fuck off

Ugly as in I'm going to append invisible elements to the html cause I'm too stupid to find a way to use web workers without extra files.

Always do.

>fuck off back to /dpt/ with your weebposting
that wasn't me you replied to
i only see two weebposts in the last thread and they are both mine
do i need to get a tripcode for you

No, just keep yours on so that I can filter you. Thank you.

You just described every Java H1B on the planet.

you don't even understand a simple sentence

it explains why you turned to racism: as a way to deal with the frustration your limitations bring.

i see now that you have turned the self hatred outwards.

racism is an easy outlet for self loathing and frustration.

i ask you to search for self acceptance.

maybe then you will realise that making hateful generalisations about groups of people is not constructive.

Does this seem like a well-rounded knowledge base for a web developer? I just want to have some web developing skills even though I'm mainly looking to be a desktop software developer later on.

HTML
CSS
JavaScript
Client-side: Bootstrap, AngularJS, jQuery, AJAX
Server-side: ASP.NET MVC, node.js, Ruby on Rails, PHP
XML, JSON
MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB

Is PHP going down the shitter these days or should I keep that on my to-do list?

>waaah raysism waaaah
Where do you think you are, boy?

not on b.

Generalizations, hateful or otherwise, are very constructive. They demonstrate the ability to recognize patterns, patterns that are most often backed up by mathematics.

Recognizing a pattern doesn't imply a rejection of exceptions to the rule, only the value of observing the rule itself.

>posting on a Japanese supremacist board.

Only new developers are concerned whether or not theyre real developers.

Real developers get paid

>makes a thread for webshits / code monkeys
>says gtfo pajeets
do you want replies in your thread or not user?

> Generalizations, hateful or otherwise, are very constructive
> Recognizing a pattern doesn't imply a rejection of exceptions to the rule

and i say that one of many exceptions to the rule you have just proposed (that generlisations are good) is in the case of racism. because its retarded.

> wat

> wat

I'm never going to be a developer then.

>he does not know JS is not a webshit language anymore, it has been transcended

what is confirmation bias

keep busting nuts over your ability to "recognise patterns"

its okay to hate niggers because they steal

It's Okay to hate Jews because the steal.

>he doesn't know about webassembly
pleb

any /wdg/ approved lightweight cms?
I've used drupal + php before but would like to have some sites in the same cheap vps.
Backend needs are really simple, TinyMCE like editor would be nice.

Okay Pajeet

Yes it is

for age>20 years hating anyone, (let alone thousands or even millions of people, simply because of their race), is pretty irrational

>/wdg/ approved
No such thing.

Try Fragmenta or QOR.

Okay Pajeet

Hate doesn't need to be rational.
speaking as someone who hates almost much every country and most people.

Cmon Pajeet go poopoo in the looloo

- Consider swapping Angular for React. Angular 1 is going out of style, and 2 is still a mess. React is where all the cool kids are going.

- AJAX isn't a framework. It's just doing another HTTP request to get or send some more stuff after your page loads. Once you understand what it does exactly, it should take you like 5 minutes to become an expert at.

- Server-side: That's way too much stuff. It's better to be an expert at one thing, than to be a noob at 5 things. Once you're an expert at one thing, it becomes a lot easier to learn any other similar things. I recommend you do a little research on each of those things (Also you forgot Django, another popular backend framework. Java also has several.) and pick the one that you like the most / has the most job openings in your area.

- XML & JSON are both extremely simple to learn. If you understand HTML, you can pick up XML easy, and JSON is basically a javascript object with more double-quotes. Putting either of those things on your resume will probably make you look like a noob.

- Databases: You can get the gist of SQL in like 4 hours. (And then another 10 years for the rest) Learn that, then get a good conceptual knowledge of some of the popular NoSQL DBs. You don't need to have practical experience with them, just be able to explain in a sentence or so why someone should care about them. SQL databases: PostgreSQL is popular, MySQL is popular (and for a beginner, essentially identical to postgres), and you should know what SQLite is.

>Is PHP going down the shitter these days or should I keep that on my to-do list?

Yes and yes. It's slowly losing out to other languages, but still extremely popular. If you decide to go with it as your primary server-side thing, that's a perfectly valid choice. If not, you should still know what it does and what it's pros and cons are.

>speaking as someone who hates almost much every country and most people.

Only faggots and rapists code Java. Criminal Minds says so.

>> Death to PHPajeets!
>first comment is racist. fuck off
le tumblr army is spotted

I don't know if this is the correct thread for this, but where would be a good place to start if I want to make an imageboard?

Yeah yeah whatever.
At least I'm angry with reasons mostly.

i really hope you aren't above the age of 18

>>/wdg/ approved
>No such thing.

waaat! are you telling me that you guys never are agree with each other, doesn't sounds like /g at all

I'll try those + ngix, thanks

other night read here some ruby on fails alternative, site looks like arizona green tea, you know it?

There are any number of ways you could do it. It's just front end with a relational database.

Okay Pajeet

lol

>going out of style
Anyone else here gets triggered by fashion and trendiness ever playing a role in choice of technology?

The fact is that the quality of life we enjoy in the west is diminished by the growth of the third world.

Our livelihood is threatened by it. So I'd like to kill you and your kind to prevent that. Does that make sense or rationalize enough for you faggot?

This freudian shit about self loathing and frustration, that's lovely deary. But the thing is, I'd rather just kill you than compete with you.

It's a trade-off. Programmers are actually an extremely stubborn group, historically, and their refusal to adopt new technologies or try to innovate in the slightest has made software into the complete fucking mess that it is today.

On the other hand, now HR hambeasts expect to see meme technologies with fucking normie names on your resume.

>relational database
Doesn't have to be relational.
It largely depends on what features you have planned for your imageboard. Technology choices should always be done, in consideration of suitability for a given task.
t. imageboard dev

PHP just werks for connecting DB

Also, I would try to devote some time to learning general concepts.

- You should know about all the HTTP verbs and status codes (just give the wikipedia pages a read-through)

- You should know about common software design principles. Models, views, and controllers, OOP, common anti-patterns, etc.

- You should know about security. The basics of cryptography, encryption, ssl, https, certificates, etc. You could spend years going down this rabbit hole, but like most of this stuff, just learn enough to be able to speak about it relatively intelligently and not be completely lost when dealing with basic shit. Also, learn about common attack vectors and what to do about them. SQL injections, XSS, maybe social engineering.

- Linux. Set up a VM and play around with linux. Learn about permissions, the layout of a linux filesystem, how to look at man pages, how to generally do basic shit. Make sure a cli doesn't intimidate you.

And so does everything else. Your point?

By going out of style I mean depreciated.

Is there anyway to add data to a div without completely refreshing it?

For example, let's say I have a chat app where I want users to be able to play webms/mp3s. Every time I use either ".innerHTML += ..." or ".append(...)" is completely reloads the webm/mp3. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening?

Thanks

good luck achieving nothing with your life

>every time I use either ".innerHTML += ..." or ".append(...)"
dont

put each message in its own div
it makes purging old ones easier too

>I'd rather just kill you than compete with you
1. tips fedora
2. violence is a form of competition

Okay Pajeet

That is exactly the kind of thing React is perfect for.

>when the GCSB posters come out
Wew lad, I used to work for you guys.

Okay Pajeet

nice quads. cunt

The niggers and gypsies stealing shit all over the place sure are successful and enviable.

Nice dubs, faggot.

>tfw trump's policies on H1B: force companies to pay same salary as they do to americans, force companies to hire americans first
goodbye rajesh it's been a good decade or so having you here with us

> so funny that OP baits his baited fish

racism and stereotypes are wrong, period, but if you get offended when someone pajeets you but call others fags or niggers then you're an hypocrite.
The fact that you are on Sup Forums asking for respect makes you an idiot, a troll, or a newfriend (which is as bad as newfag or n00b).
If you are here you accept people call each other nigger and fags, if you don't leave you're an hypocrite.

fuck that rule #global3, OP always is a fag, it should be offensive even if he is homo and cool enough to call himself a faggot

so, if :

>You are new here, leave or get used to, aka respect others ignorance and hate, is not personal, he really don't hate you particularly
>troll/10 congrats, was the most effortless tho >idiot, keep trying hard, this time you almost change/save someone from being racist, even if we don't know if he really is or is just joking inappropriately on an anonymous board, most people can't do it AFK

Okay Pajeet

tldr

>more php hate

Why though? PHP has its place in the world.
If you want to get a job tomorrow, learn PHP.
If you want to make elitist posts and blogs about programming, learn something else.

The only advantage of PHP is its popularity, period.

>I learn programming thru YT vids
>PLEASE NO PAJEETS ! I AM LE LEET WHITE PROGRAMMER !
kek fuck off

Yes, but thats a good enough advantage.
Plenty of old systems that people want supported and expanded, but don't want rewritten.

Why aren't we all reading this?
>astaxie.gitbooks.io/build-web-application-with-golang/content/en/index.html

>The fact is that the quality of life we enjoy in the west is diminished by the growth of the third world.

Your fault for make it that weak a "third world" group can make it fall.

>I'd rather just kill you than compete with you.

I'd rather shitpost than enlist an actually kill people that actually thread "western"
money, ftfy

>bumps a /thread with copypasta that helps people he's affraid stealth his webdev tenders

where will you be when rajesh has to go back?

can you suggest me a small and cheap (!) laptop for university and webdev ? prefer windows8, but gnu/linux is ok aswell

Get a refurbed thinkpad. They're built like tanks and you can get them for dirt cheap. See /tpg/ and the sticky wiki for more info.

Anything that isn't a Mac. Don't pay for overpriced hardware.
Not sure about the chinkpads, though, as they tend to be "built like tanks" but weigh just as much as an actual tank.

ofc I wont buy a mac

In Laravel, if my application has user and administrator accounts, do I need to create separate database users with different privileges and switch connections after logging in or have one database user with access to all tables and just protect administrator views with some kind of "user_is_admin" flag?

Please respond.

Long Live Java and The Spring API!

Noob question:
How are specificity issues resolved in CSS if you have the same number of 'specificity points' (say, 1 class and 2 standard element selectors) on two or more rules? What are the rules for determining what gets applied in the end?

>Java
>Spring

Now you've gone full Pajeet.

>purposefully making buggy code

> for age>20 years hating anyone, (let alone thousands or even millions of people, simply because of their race), is pretty irrational
Perhaps hating is. However, drawing generalized conclusions instead of following baseless moral imperatives such as "all races are equal" is absolutely rational. If niggers are more likely to steal from you or assault you according to statistics, this should be talked about and not swept under the rug with a pretense"'b-but that's racist", 'cause it's reality.

So how do I avoid this issue if it ever comes up?

>if it ever comes up
you'll make it come up
avoid it

also use google

*blame a pajeet

You can add an admin flag, yes.

Best atom.io packages for webdev. Go.

color-picker
pigments

Are there any general articles on good sass practices? I'm somewhat afraid that I'm abusing excludes.

Emmet
File icons
Minimap
The rest depends on your language of choice but a linter won't hurt

>black, hispanic and female workers ... who have been passed over in favor of the H-1B program

So blacks, hispanics and females are literally just Pajeets, and companies (the ones built by white males) should be hiring them instead of actual Pajeets?

linter.

If you don't use a highly opinionated linter to enforce code style and quality, for whatever language you're using, then you should drink bleach.

Especially if writing a language like Javascript, which is full of ways to shoot yourself in the foot. For Node.js I use ESLint, with a fuckload of rules turned on: pastebin.com/HeSJRYrj

Any guidelines for uploading videos to a server? How do I display it using html/css/javascript? Any recommended video players? Preferably one which doesn't let the viewer simply right click and download

use DASH or HLS segments. the average user can't save it that easily.
have a look at videojs

atom-typescript
go-plus

It isn't necessarily about fashion or trends. Angular got replaced by Angular 2, simple as that.

I was whipping up a prototype Sup Forums reader for Firefox OS the other day until I realized that Sup Forums's CORS acceptance is only its own domain.

Is there any way around this with pure JS? I don't expect there to be due to the nature of CORS, but I thought I'd ask here just in case. I only want to read that delicious JSON data and show it in a standalone program specifically designed for Sup Forums.

proxy it through your server.

not that user but could you elaborate a bit?

Why the FUCK did the PHP shitcuckfaggot corecucks vote AGAINST the callable documentation RFC (wiki.php.net/rfc/callable-types)?

Why? Why would you POSSIBLY have any objections to this? Do those cucks even know how often I have to open all kinds of stupid documentations, only to find out what parameters a closure takes?
How? Why? How incompetent can you be that you don't realize that this is a great feature? Are they afraid that nobody is going to check their stupid PHP documentation if the language were to document itself? It's probably just buttmad "not invented here" jealousy for the hack developers because the PHP cunts were to incompetent to invent this feature by themselves.

Tell me, what in the name of 60 niggercocks is wrong with them?
I swear if they vote against the pipe operator, unit types, traits implementing interfaces, annotations (BUT BUT JUST PARSE DOCBLOCKS!), named parameters and typed properties as well....

Who am I kidding, of course they will. They are incompetent and quarreling idiots who don't even have the slightest clue about language design and no goal in sight.
Did they already vote against both short closure syntaxes? The C# style property accessors? Of course they did.

I was just starting to take them seriously. I was just starting to think "Hey, they might just be copying hack features, but at least that means that the language is actually improving now".
But no, they just go full "not invented here", buttdevastated and sad that a different team has actually managed to fix this most of this mess of a language while all they've done is add limited pseudo-static typing that actually fucks up runtime performance. But don't worry, you won't be able to use it often anyway - templates or union types will never be a thing, so fuck you if you need more than 1 type. "It just isn't PHP-like". It's too reasonable, it self-documents code, helps avoid errors, adds consistency.
Just doesn't fit with PHP's philosophy.

Fuck all of them.

Ideally this is something I'd like to open-source and publish.

From what I understand, the issue stems from preventing XSS attacks. Sup Forums's JSON cannot be requested through client-side JS alone, which is unfortunately all I have access to on FxOS.

I'm wondering if there's a way around it using web technologies that I don't know about.

Bar that, I'd be interested in applying my own css to the Sup Forums site and packaging it as a standalone application. But I don't think that's possible either as external sites would be loaded in an iframe (so XSS preventative measures again)

for example with nginx, I can tell it to map a directory to proxy it to to a different server.
so a request for /Sup Forums.json goes to your server, which then fetchen Sup Forums.org/Sup Forums.json and returns it back to the client.
so you proxy requests through your own server to remove origin/policy headers and browsers not being able to load content.