> Better in paper but worse in real scenarios
> No Cuda
> No over clocking

So which is the better brand this time around Sup Forums? Pascal or polaris

Retitle that amd and you are golden

stay mad fag

Even the 1080 has overheating problems

[Citation needed]

The NDA for polaris was set to expire yesterday. Where are all the articles and related info? Can't find anything solid.

AMD overclocks great save the Fury X.

The 1080 on the other hand, see

Nvidia is just way too shady to buy from anymore.

I've only ever had Nvidia cards but I found out so many disgusting things about that company that I will switch teams over to AMD.
Their shady business practices are beyond despicable and the only excuse for still going for Nvidia cards is ignorance of that fact.
They collude with developers to sabotage AMD cards so that a 300 dollar AMD card performs worse than a 250 dollar Nvidia card with unseen and unnecessary tesselation all over the place just to slow down AMD cards.
Or the lying about specs and features of coming cards. Or the deliberate gimping of their older cards with new drivers so people buy their newer ones.

Fuck Nvidia. I never bought an AMD card but Polaris will be my first. Fuck Nvidia. Never again. I hope AMD conquers back a sizable portion of the market. 80/20 for Nvidia is a borderline monopoly position and stronger competition is always good for the end consumer.

Remember when Nvidia was the only reason people were buying AMD CPUs?
Remember when AMD bought Nvidia's prime competitor in the GPU market behind their back?

Whatever Nvidia has done to gimp AMD - which by the way has nothing to do with actual gimping but is mostly marketing - it's all to pay for that backstab.

I personally threw my Athlon XP but kept the mainboard with the nforce chip. AMD are disgusting jews and for all jewry they committed to Intel and Nvidia in the early 2000s they only deserve to perish.

What about polaris

Crawl out from under your rock you fucking autist.

Who cares though I just want what's better

A M D
M
D

It is set to expire in 4 weeks.
There will be some info on Computex, but reviews and release date is end of June.

As someone that has used AMD for years I don't know if I can even support them anymore. Apparently, they deprecated their proprietary Linux driver in favor of the open-source one. Now, that might sound great. AMD is switching to open-source. But the problem is that they didn't bother to make sure the open-source driver was up to snuff beforehand. But since they didn't patch the proprietary driver to work with newer versions of Xorg before deprecating it, you simply can't use it anymore. So if you've got an AMD card that isn't RX 200 series or newer, you've got four options:

1. Stick with outdated Xorg builds (this means you're not going to be upgrading your distro) until they get their shit together (never)
2. Use the open-source driver (so terrible that it stutters on full-screen Twitch videos)
3. Buy a new video card
4. Commit sudoku

The open source driver is great, what are you talking about?

I'm using it right now, it's shit. Worse than onboard video.

Works well on Arch with a 380, 390x and 250.

Did you see the part where I said "So if you've got an AMD card that isn't RX 200 series or newer"?

Those are the cards that support the AMDGPU driver. And the Rx 200 series only has basic support, so it's not great there either. Pretty much anything that isn't Rx 300 series just got fucked on Linux.

look, all i know is im greatful that my AMD A8 can run Skyrim on lowest and Fallout NV on highest thats all that matters to me user

I have no problem watching any videos/streams with my HD 6950. Which distro are you using?

Ubuntu 16.04. I'm also using a monitor that is 3440x1440, so it may work for 1920x1080, but it can't handle anything decent. Compared to how it runs with fglrx, you are getting absolutely terrible performance. They aren't comparable.

Oh, and in your case, AMD isn't going to even bother with AMDGPU support for the HD 6000 series. HD 7000 is the cutoff for their planned support, so it might work properly there in three years when the card is ancient and not worth using. But HD 6000 and lower only gets the legacy radeon driver that they aren't going to contribute to anymore.