Just installed Fedora

just installed Fedora
pretty comfy
why do choose Debain over Fedora?

Install Arch

i liked it until i got stupid and installed the 24 beta and crashed me computer. the only thing bad with fedora is keyboard and graphic support.

noted. thanks papi

I choose Debian over Fedora because the third party software support for Fedora is trash compared to that of Debian's

It's almost unusable without enabling third party repos. Unstable. Shit font rendering by default. Ubuntu for people who are too self conscious to use "n00buntu". Also there is 0 point in comparing fedora (distro trying to be bleeding edge) with debian (distro trying to be stable). Arch does bleeding edge thing better. The only reason to use Fedora over Ubuntu is if you actually want to use gnome 3, since fedora releases are pretty much synced with major gnome3 releases. At least more so than ubuntu gnome which uses outdated versions of gnome for years.

literally everything you just said is not true.

It really isn't. Just because he insulted your chosen OS doesn't mean he's wrong. Grow up.

What is the point of using a distro that is unusable without third party repos? Bragging rights? I really don't get it. It's not terrible, but saying "it's great if you use rpmfusion" is like saying "my car runs a lot better when I put fuel in it".

>using a distro literally named after a meme

Making a debian fork

I di the same and went to debian testing, atm I'm testing devuan ascii and it's pretty great too

your wrong the meme was named after the distro

nice visual style

you complain about having to add reps and then endorse a timesink piece of shit like arch?

> arch
> timesink

For idiots maybe, yes.

Fedora cant even play a movie or a song natively with out having to enable third party repo

top kek

it's literally stock gnome you RETARD

OP here. Just installed Nvida drivers and I can't last more than 45 seconds on the desktop without everything going to shit. Looks like it's not compatible with my hardware :/

Back to Debian I guess

No. It is using Arc theme.
You're the retard here.

Package availablity.

Arc Dark.

Have you ever used gnome?

It won't run on my ARM desktop. Debian does.

"run"

Any chance you'd share the wallpaper?

You don't know jack shit about free software, do you ?
And no, it's like saying "My car is better because it has video player" .
Something that is optional and not required for a proper work of distro.

Well you don't know jack shit about English, Ranjit. At least I don't smell like curry.

Fedora is only useable without third party repos if you're willing to put up with a hilarious amount of shit and lacking features.

You can install packages from the aur without using thirdparty repos..
Arch literally is the easiest distro to use.

Hey, I personally agree. I am using it too and find it very easy -- but some idiots apparently can't deal with it, which I find hilarious and sad in equal amounts.

You smell like horses shit.
If you want freedom, sacrafices must be made.
Educate yourself, filthy peasant.

Lol.I wouldnt call them idiots. First time I installed it I used the beginners guide. Everything worked. Then I got a new laptop and installed it with the architect installer. No problems and everything is working fine. Installed plasma and couple of programs I need and it uses around 800 packages. Updates didnt break a goddamn thing I don't get how this meme even survived.

I do not want pseudofreedom, it's pointless. Grow up. If you take it to rms extremes you'll quickly discover that you're left with something novel, but barely useable. And all the cool kids will laugh at you. You don't want all the cool kids to laugh at you, do you Timmy?

Because of pic related. There are some very butthurt users perpetuating the false stereotype and shitty memes.

meh let them use whatever they want. I recommend arch or a derivative to my friends because they can't be bothered to go repohunting(understandibly).

I do! I don't really care what people use, as long as they don't needlessly and without any basis in fact shit on distros they don't know anything about.

>that fucking font rendering

This only happens with garbage fonts like Arial.

Fedora is unstable as fuck.

>Fedora
>Arial

where'd you get an arm desktop

>muh font rendering
install freetype-freeworld

echo "Xft.lcdfilter: lcddefault" > ~/.Xresources
relog

and get gud cunts

Yes, yes.

OR

You could use a distro that has good font rendering out of the box.

>b-but look how clever I am having to fix it myself
>it's easy and obviously superior to your OS
Fuck off.

>make a shillthread for meme hat distro
>annoying debianfags storm it within a minute
Kek, you've officially reached archfag-tier.

Be happy.

OP brought up Debian, retard

[GO]

Literally no other distro other than Ubuntu has "good font rendering out of the box" so please sit down and be quiet.

And obviously
>APT

>Debian is GOD

Crowd Supply. Look up the Novena Kosagi.

Why do you think that fact supports your argument? You're a bit special, that's why. If literally only Ubuntu has good font rendering out of the box, why would I use anything else?

Jesus Christ, using a distro that requires minimal post-install shenanigans is a good thing. A startling number of people on here talk like using a timesink distro makes them smarter, it doesn't. The smart thing to do is use one that just works. If you just like tinkering with different OS' that's fine, go nuts, but don't shitpost about how it's superior to X because of Y when it provably isn't.

>A startling number of people on here talk like using a timesink distro makes them smarter, it doesn't
It does teach you more about the inner workings of the OS if you care about that and aren't just blindly copy pasting shit from the arch wiki.

>dependancy hell

fuck fedora

I like Arch though :^)

>if you care about that
And if you don't?