R9 380 vs 960 vs 390 or nv(1080p)

Thinking about a new gpu. OC and performance-wise, which one should I go for? 380 seems to do better in most tests, but the 960 is a bit cheaper. Also, is there any reason to shekel out more for 390 if I don't plan playing above 1080p?

My last card was the meme 970 and I'm very suspicious of nvidia ever since.

Other urls found in this thread:

geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1070
twitter.com/AnonBabble

960gtx has better oc potential than 380

Don't bother with the 380 now. I got mine last year and I wish I waited for the 380x or saved for a 390.

The gigabyte 380x is the same price as a r9 390 from sapphire.

Saw a few nice r9 390 but they are aprox 50% more expensive than the 380

GTX 970 have gotten a lot cheaper after the AMD shills went bananas over the 3,5 vram meme, but the there is yet to come out a test which shows the 970 significantly lacking in the 1080p gaming department (which is the target both for 390 and 970).

Some games you'll get a few fps more with a 390, but the difference is negligible.

wait 1month and buy a polaris 10 (not the high end p10, it would cost too much).

don't bother with the 960, costs like a 380x and runs like a 380.

Will the polaris be in a similar price bracket? So far I only saw test of those high-end polaris cards and they will definitely cost a lot.

Also, why did AMD put out the nano and fury cards? They seem better and more efficient than the r9 390 but why put them on the market if you have a whole new series coming out?

Get the 4gb 960. Overclocks like a dream, actually runs games well.

Fury, Nano are their top end cards Polaris will be mid range. Now you're going to say but Polaris and Vega performance will be similar. I think Fury and Nano were made so AMD can say they were first on market with HBM. I want to do a Nano mini build.

Nvidia is for niggers. End of story.
The only way this company function is that they shekel the shit out of every one and force
game designers to put worthless hairworks bullshit that's tailor made for their shitty gpus.

disgusting.

Personally, I plan to upgrade whole PC around mid-end July.

What are the chances that AMD will provide something for ~250$ around that date, which would serve the same role as 1060 would? I dont even know, when 1060 would get released but I always buy "mid card" like this anyway.

And what are the chances that those new AMD cards would turn out later to be weaker than 1060? Can we make any predicts about 1060 performance anyway?

Polaris

wait

for

Polaris

u mad

AMD will fuck something up, mark my words. Don't want it to be true, and hope AMD kicks nvidia's ass, but god almight, they have a shit streak going on for the last 10 years or so.

These polaris cards have to be better than the 960/970 and have a good price.

Yes and No
I have a GTX 960. While 960 has more overclocking potential, The 960 starts out 10% slower than the 380 at stock speeds.
One good thing for OP though is that 960 have gone down in price to almost $175

1080 ftw

According to early tests (based on prototypes), one is supposed to be slightly better than 970, another at 980 performance level. Cant predict prices, tho.

when is it coming out i dont understand more than one month?

It's being revealed today on shelves soon

ill buy the best one then probably be at least $500 less than nvidia

You mean they work hand in hand with devs to make sure the games run!? Amazing. Stay mad, poojeet.

AMD hasn't announced the release date. There's speculation that they'll do that tomorrow at Computex. And there's further speculation that the release date they'll announce will be some time in July. If you're going to get an AMD card and can wait a couple months, then you might want to see what AMD announces in the next couple days. If they announce it later than July, then you can go with Rx 300 series cards or Nvidia. Otherwise it would be kind of a bummer for them to release a much better card for much cheaper a month after you get your card.

geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1070

Sapphire 390.
960 has low memory bus.

>Will the polaris be in a similar price bracket? So far I only saw test of those high-end polaris cards and they will definitely cost a lot.

Said to be between 200$-300$. We don't know the exact value yet. Apparently it performs as well as the 390x but at half the power draw.

>Owned shitty 970
>Downgrade to even shittier 960
Are you just pretending to be a retard?

Get the 390.

Wait for Polaris

Otherwise buy a 380x or 390

If you need one RIGHT NOW and money is no issue, get the 1070. Otherwise a 4GB 380 will be a decent card until the end of the PS4's support, which will be a fairly long time after the PS4"K" is released. (Supposedly games that work on the PS4K must also work on PS4.

If you have time, wait until the 1050/60/Ti and Polaris 10&11 are released in the Fall. You'll get a whole lot more performance for almost the same price (1060/Ti/Polaris 10), or the same performance for cheaper (1050/Polaris 11).