Do Americans really microwave their water?

Do Americans really microwave their water?

lmfao you guys have electric kettle tech?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_pickup
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11891631/German-woman-threatened-with-eviction-to-make-way-for-refugees.html
news.sky.com/story/1704022/dirty-water-supplies-poisoning-public-trust
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what? people do that? American and everyone I know uses kettles, electric or stove

Microwave is actually a pretty efficient way of heating water though. In fact, you can even superheat water in a microwave, if that's your cup of tea.

they really do OP, lmao

I have an electric kettle but I use the stove mostly since it's 15ยข/kWh here. I dunno, seems faster on the stove too.

>his electric kettle can't heat water hot enough to make it explode

I use an electric kettle, but I don't trust it at all.
I always have to stand nearby so I can turn it off when it starts boiling because otherwise, the bimetallic strip won't activate and prevent my my kettle from melting.

Why you wouldn't? That is exactly the point of it

i've microwaved water before, it's not that good at heating it desu

if i remember correctly, it also boils really suddenly

>if i remember correctly, it also boils really suddenly
This is because of

I use a kettle, but one reason Americans might use a microwave is our kettles aren't as fast as other country's. Our kettles max out at 1500W, where you can get a 3000W in some other countries.

It's very good at heating it. It will only 'boil suddenly' if you are using distilled water.

No one microwaves water, though.

>tfw have a 25 year old Siemens microwave that's still going strong

we typically drink drip coffee, and tea isn't that popular. stove-top kettles are really common, though.

Am I the only one who got this joke

You absolute madman

this, too. our home outlets are typically 110v, whereas in the uk 220v is standard

It's because America's power is 10hz faster than Europe's.

>you can even superheat water in a microwave

That's what I hate about it.
Fucking dangerous.

I've accidentally super-heated chocolate milk several times.
Comes flying out of the bottle when you disturb it.

Than only matters for espresso machines.

Yeah we overclocked our generators.

What I mean sometimes you don't feel like buying one along with a microwave so so you'd rather just use the microwave to save money.
>cheap college student here.

You are autistic, right?

Put a wooden skewer or chopstick in the water before you microwave it to avoid the sudden volatile reaction.

Americans know that microwaving water gives you a higher chance of cancer because of the radiation. Nice try though.

I have a ceramic one. Should have gotten a stainless, or glass one though because its really heavy.

Plastic is shit.

Im scandinavian, and I micro my water for tea. Perfect for a single cups worth.

Pic related, my tea shelf

>electric

>electric fuse blower

just use a stove nerds

Don't listen to this imposer wannabe Scandinavian, noone here microwaves their fucking tea

Also the reason why I use micro:

1. Its fast, literally bombard water molecules and nothing else
2. No direct contact between water and heating coils (no mineral buildup)
3. No contact with plastics or metals, no bad taste
4. Any size container, whether a single mug or a whole kettle
5. No loss of heat from pouring water into cold kettle

Thats a pretty ignorant thing to say. You should probably google why stand alone kettles are better so you don't look like such an idiot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_pickup
>britbongs

1. Except it's not as fast nor efficient as electric kettle
2. i've never had an issue with mineral buildup
3. stainless steel doesn't impart a taste
4. Except you can't use metal containers, and they have to be small enough to fit in the microwave.
5. water is cold when you put it in the kettle, hot when you take it out. no loss involved.

It is actually much more efficient. Heats the water, nothing else.

You have never had an issue with buildup. Maybe you never actially used a kettle.

Steel and plastics do impart taste and leech chems to the water. Enjoy your hormone tea, and your limestone fucked flavonoids.

Do not use metal containers for food. Use cheramics. Metal reacts with even the slightest of acids. Like a drop of lemon. In your tea.

When heating your drinking wessel directly in the microwave oven, you loose no heat. The water will be 100 degrees, as will the inside of the cup.

With heating coil kettles, you loose heat by pouring into cold cups. Enjoy your 85 degree tea.

>microwaving water gives you a higher chance of cancer because of the radiation.
Is this a meme?

just boil ye water on the stove

>more efficient
A microwave oven converts only part of its electrical input into microwave energy. An average consumer microwave oven consumes 1100 W of electricity in producing 700 W of microwave power, an efficiency of 64%. Such wasted heat, along with heat from the product being microwaved, is exhausted as warm air through cooling vents. The other 400 W are dissipated as heat, mostly in the magnetron tube.

>steel imparts taste. metal reacts.
Stainless and Titanium are generally non-reactive. Only time there might be an issue if you're storing strongly acid or alkaline beverages for days, not 'tea with a drop of lemon'.. lol.

>lose heat
Some of us actually like it when our mugs don't burn our fucking hands.

Go on, share the efficiency of a kettle..

>water in direct contact with the heating element with insulation to prevent heat loss
You tell me.

funny you ask OP

I just got a new eletric kettle that does different temps etc. awesome for tea and even has blue LEd !!

I'm American and I've never microwaved my water. I don't trust it, idk.

But when do you ever warm up water?
For tea? I don't think that's nearly as popular here.

>mfw a european who is not a syrian muslim speaks to me
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

Not only do Americans microwave or boil water in a stone kettle on a stove, they wear shoes inside the house.

the fuck? I don't wear shoe sin a house. I'm ocd and clean. fuck off with your french attitude lol. damn muslim

Americans still don't have chip and pin

What that means is they swipe their card and sign some screen

Literally anyone can just take their card and use it to pay for anything

my card has a chip...chips exist in america and have for ahwile. the fuck agenda bias shit do you read?

also there is a reason why we didn't do it as soon. our banking systems are different. learn more before you talk shit for no reason.also a chip doesn't mean shit onkine

>Am American.
>Use an electric kettle every day to make coffee in a french press.
>Use chip and pin at every store I go to because I don't live in bumblefuck.
>Don't wear shoes in the house.

Any other ridiculous stereotypes I missed?

Different = worse in this case

damn. that's pretty expensive. I'm on 100% windpower down here in texas and I pay 6.3 cents/kwh

lol exactly. i do all of these as well. I will tell a person to take off their shoes. unless it's like some girl with high heels or something.Or someone on their job

They have reaons or "had". I had this conversation before and learned somethings. It's not that we were behind on it. There were reaons. sadly no I am no in the mindset to give a shit to go back to them. But your country is no further than we are. I am not hating on either of them

Europeans don't even have homes.
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11891631/German-woman-threatened-with-eviction-to-make-way-for-refugees.html

don't forget you can get arrested in the Uk for making hitler jokes with your dog and the have cameras watching you on literally every corner.all countries have a flaw. but we have different currency and reasons for certain things as they do

Thank you Syrian. Your American language skills are coming along nicely. It won't be long before you're eating at the table with the humans.

>>Don't wear shoes in the house.
I only learned a couple of years ago that americans actually use shoes in the house. I never even thought about that since it sounds ridiculous. Maybe if the house is some sort of an old summer shack with some sand on the floor as well, but never in a clean house.

Irrelevant

I've actually always wondered how many of the ``asylum seekers" go to the US.
Probably close to 0. Kek.

Had to liquid cool mine after I put a turbo charger on it.

Kill me

>8
Sorry. Long holiday and I am tired plus took my sleeping pill.Chips have bee around for years here. But most did not want to use for reasons as did other banks. I get mine this week though. Which I am not so happy about. But I had no choice.

I have one. The only strange thing, other people tell me, is that I make and drink two liters of tea in a sitting.

yeah m new one keeps the temp at what I want it oo. so for white tea. it keeps it warm with a 5 minute warning each time

That is quite a lot of tea.

They are called Mexicans, Billy Bob

If you have money you could still visit all those places so I don't see the point in complaining. You could probably even move to one of those places. Traveling abroad is pretty normal for europeans since it's so quick and easy. I'm european too and I wouldn't be able to see all those places without traveling abroad.

I'm an American without a water kettle, but I also hate hot drinks, so I have no need to heat a cup of water like that anyway.

It's pretty uncommon to wear shoes in a house. House shoes, yes, but not just shoes.

i put my electric kettle in the microwave

you plebs are missing out

Pft scrub, I put my microwave in my electric kettle.

USA is pretty much the size of several countries. Theres really no need to go to Europe to "see things", unless be wants to see them before they get burned down by "refugees".

for you

I use the microwave to heat up my cup of water.

I discovered the existence of electric kettles the first time i was in the UK

We unironically microwave water in Spain

Several? It's practically the size of the European continent.

>tfw microwaving a cup of water right now

Simply leave your spoon In the cup when microwaving

If I don't want to wait for it to boil on the stove yes (gas stove)

But I rarely find myself doing that, I only boil water if I'm cooking pasta or boiling eggs. Tea is fucking disgusting

Why would I not use a machine intended to quickly heat things for heating things?

>bottle
>microwaving liquids in a bottle
Just how dumb are you?

>tfw I'm not the only one that thinks one cup isn't enough

Similar power consumption with modern hardware

Electric kettles have the downside of calcium buildup

Electric kettles are for hipsters and retards who think literally any cup is ideal for microwave use

>hurr why does my thick ceramic mug heat faster than its contents

Americans don't even have clean water.
news.sky.com/story/1704022/dirty-water-supplies-poisoning-public-trust

> Tested the system based on 600mls of water using a 1.2kw microwave rated at 800w output . It took 8 mins 40 second to bring to the boil. The kettle took 4 mins 16 second adjusted for the same kw output. Microwave is only 60% efficent in using energy relative to what energy goes in and the microwaves that come out. Typically is is operating at about half the efficiency in my kitchen relative to boiling water in a kettle. The kettle wins out. However if I was comparing with an oven for conventional cooking the small size may offer some advantages over heating the large bulk of a conventional oven. Microwaves can heat food effectively from the inside and so dont have to wait for their surroundings to heat up. Therefore dont boil water with microwave but do consider them if you like rubbery poorly browned food.

My grandpa microwaves his bread..