What's THE resolution of 2016?

What's THE resolution of 2016?
People aren't still using 2560x1440 and lower are they?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/virtual-perfection-why-8k-resolution-per-eye-isnt-enough-for-perfect-vr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Which app is that on the menu bar?

rdm or Retina Display Manager

>not using DPI scaling

>MUH DESKTOP THREAD

Mods have been notified

Could you kindly fuck off back to whichever festering, putrid shit pit you crawled out of you pathetic piece of shit. Cheers.

No, I fight for the common good of Sup Forums

I am the people's champion

Heads like yours will roll soon and we shall be victorious in glorious revolution!

Still looots of room

This isn't a desktop thread?

I know your game

I've been studying you

Watching

Like a hawk

And I'm about to swoop down on your whole empire of desktop threads/Mac shilling

Sol sends his regards

8k isn't Apple, it's a resolution.

I'm talking about your game in the larger picture senpai a lam

Don't play coy with me

You might have autism.

>implying screen resolution matters in the world of VR

>calling people who are obviously right autists

MOOODS

Screen resolution is one of the biggest downsides of VR.
arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/virtual-perfection-why-8k-resolution-per-eye-isnt-enough-for-perfect-vr/

Miles, no one gives a fuck that you bought a larger-than-normal monitor 3 fucking months ago. Quit being such a fucking attention whore.

Sage.

>ars technica

I'm posting high technology devices in a technology board. Webm related.

Yes.

You're alright my dude

We have fun together

>Frogposting tripfag
>Complaining abou anything
Dank :^)

I post frogs because they're instant triggers

Resolution does not really matter. Portrait is the best for programming though.
sol pls
You've already posted that image in another thread. Here, have this custom and modern one for more originality.

Muh bitmapped fonts would become unreadable at >150 DPI, doe.

Any resolution post FHD is a meme

Saved thanks buddy

Like I said we have fun together

Get bigger ones. Terminus and Monaco both have larger glyphs.

Any resolution under 4k is archaic

tfw using 2560x1600

>muh consumerism

daily reminder to not respond to tripfags

>computers aren't necessary
jej

But what would the point of having higher resolution be if the letters take up as much real area anyway? That doesn't make more fit on the screen.

Am I the only one who still uses 1080p for everything and feels absolutely no need for anything bigger?

Using the scaled modes still give you a much sharper image than you'd get on a normal PPI display.

>1080p
Pleb tier. 1600x1200 is where it's at.

This looks highly unusable. In order to have the text readable comfortably I would have to have a gigantic screen and need to look around to see the whole thing. I would understand this if it was scaled up so it's just really fine but smaller area.

>sharper
Wat. This ain't a CRT, you know.

Holy fucking shit, you are the worse asshole that Sup Forums has ever seen. Gtfo you stupid shit, nobody on the board likes you, NOT ONE PERSON. Stop posting under an alias, you do nothing with your life but shit post.
I hope that they ban you for life.

>my desktops still run 1366x768 on BAAAAD TN screens from the mid 2000s
>I don't own a laptop
>Use NTSC CRT for /vr/
>Phone is iPhone SE
This house is where resolutions come to die

1080p is perfect for me. Anything higher is tiny.

I like him

Doesn't matter. You're still showing more detail because your monitor still has more pixels than the normal-PPI equivalent.
4k downscaled to a 15" rMBP display will look sharper than a 15" 1920x1200 screen because the normal PPI screen only has 1920x1200 pixels. The rMBP screen is 2880x1880, so while it can't show the full detail of the scaled desktop, it still shows more detail than is possible on the 1920x1200 screen.

What's the minimum monitor size required for 2560x1440?

12".

I use a 43" UHDTV for a monitor and it's amazing.

But the point of was upscaling, not downscaling.

I bought a Dell 4k summer 2014 for $800 (IPS panel)

>I hate my hilarious trip friends

What is even the point of having a high resolution on a small screen I mean 1080p on a 20" monitor looks exactly the same as a 1440p on the same 20" monitor

When I said "scaled modes" I meant how OS X can render your desktop at higher resolutions than your screen can physically show.

Because with a scaled UI it would give you a 1280x720 workarea, meaning it's the minimum resolution you should use on any device running a desktop OS. The devices that would have the lowest screen resolutions would probably be smaller display laptops.

But how is that a relevant reply to in that case?

Because there's so many pixels that you can sacrifice a bit of clarity for larger workareas while still having an image way sharper than normal PPI displays.

>sharper
WTF does that have with anything to do? The point is that if I could see any text smaller than I currently use, then I could use that on my current display.

>2016
>not using 144hz moniter

The point of pixel dense displays is to be able to render a sharper image. Using them unscaled leaves everything too small to use.
The point is you can downscale higher resolutions to your screen and it will still look good. This gives you more room than what you could get on a normal 27" monitor as well, since as far as I know there aren't any 3200x1800 27" displays for sale.
Even Windows 10 has non-interger scaling.

I still use 1080p but I upscale most of my games to 2880p.

Scaling won't make my bitmapped fonts any sharper. They are literally as sharp as can be.

Now imagine if they had 4 times the detail.

That still wouldn't make an A any more of an A.

Sure you do, you probably removed your trip for one second to say that.

Autism, ladies and gentlmen.