Mini-Drones, Quadcopters and the like

Sup Sup Forums i /mischieved/ today.
I recently bought a mini-drone (pic related its similar to mine) from a store and ive been loving it.
> be me yesterday
> flying drone
> Shits cash
> dog hates/loves it
I cant tell cos she wags her tail but tries to bite it
> eventually she bites it, breaks some propellers
> replace propellers with spares
> flying about, and broke them again when hitting a brick wall at high speed (i dont have much control of it yet)
Fast forward to today
> kept the box, package that shit up
> return to store and give clerk bullshit story about it being a nephew's present ad its faulty so as to hide my inner 20-something year old manchild
> dint have receipt
> not a problem we can exchange for a new one
> yespls.jpeg
> drive home with brand new drone
i kept the reiept this time so if it breaks again i can just do the same again

Who has these little fuckers? i love them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCcIbMAd5E6cOaJRuIliW9Lw
youtu.be/YbdNZIL6Lpw?t=4m15s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Havent seen a drone thread on here so im intrigued

I was looking at building my own, a tricopter though.
After researching some of the parts i need it should only come to about £130, which is way less then I expected. You can also get those neat FPV goggles for them - that looks so fun

>every day I see these tiny little guys in multiple shop windows
>every day I stare
>every day I walk away

I know for a fact I'll love it for 30 minutes then never use it again, but I still really want one.

Is it actually a mini-drone or is it just a mini quadcopter with no camera?

Both are cool, but one is significantly cooler.

recommend me some fpv goggles, gee
don't give me that 500€ fatshark bullshit

Remove the tongues of liars. Remove the hands of thieves.

What's the cheapest drone that can carry a camera? Build my own?

I think I'm ready to start looking into this.

They have too little battery life, and they don't carry a camera. If it wasn't for those two things, I'd be interested.

When you say "carry a camera" what sort of camera are you talking about? If it's just for dicking around purposes then there are $30 quads with VGA cameras that record to microSD.

quanum DIY

found the degenerates

Who let the Muslim into our thread?

>our

I still haven't tried these new-fangled smart copters, but aren't they pretty boring to fly since they take care of everything themselves? It seems like completely manual fixed wingers would be more fun.

Thanks for the (You), bruv

How much?

I was thinking of getting a cheap drone but cant find one with a camera that streams live video. I'm really most interested in doing some simple VR setup with a google cardboard or something. It sounds so fun.

> actually discussing technolo/g/y for a change
> degenerates

Good point. I suppose stills would be good enough, or maybe very low fps. If you could transmit them in real time back to the control device. So I suppose a lot of that depends more on the bandwidth of radio link. But the nicer the camera the better, I suppose.

Steeling is wrong Jamal

They're cheaper if you buy them with the help of /csg/ the JJRC H22 is currently $13.50 and makes for a great starter mini quadcopter

>JJRC H22
damn that actually looks amazing for such a price.
flight time's a bit low, but can't have it all

So what's the cheapest drone with a camera and real time video streaming? I wanna feel like I'm flying

I've got a few of the Cheerson Cx10 mini drones. They're only like $10-15 USD

My problem with them is battery life. you get like 5 minutes and most of the mini drones don't have removable batteries. However the battery charges in like 30 minutes which is really fast. fly for 5 charge for 30 is a pretty good ratio

fly:charge ratio is important to consider if you can't remove the battery, it doesn't matter much if you can just swap in a freshy

my larger drone flies for 15 and charges in about 3 hours

It really is shitloads of fun though. and mine

in my experience with cheap camera drones (not fpv cameras, just memory card video/photo cams) is that the photos will always look like shit due to blur, and videos look bretty good considering the price of the rig. usually fairly low res but some of the drones these days are advertising 720 and 1080p cameras

For any given lifting capacity, an airplane will be way cheaper. But you need to find a place you're allowed to fly it. They don't fit in tight spaces like drones do.

It is, but you can get 5 batteries for $10 or so.

The toy ones are pretty easy, but try a racing quadcopter in acrobatic mode :^) (i.e. doesn't self right, stays at exactly the angle you put it at)

It's pretty fun in FPV. And takes some practice.

also generally is easier to repair than airplanes for example, no wings to break, generally just replace a few props and off you go again. So much better for fast and low flight.

actually now I have the FPV setup I am inspired to get a plane again simply to get as much use of it as possible. plane = high flight, quadcopter = low, fast podracing

also, even the toy ones are fun for zipping around in small spaces without much caring about crashes. With quads it is really about the thrill of going really close to obstacles imo.

I used to love flying my hubsan x4 in and out of tree branches and stuff, before I lost my second one and upgraded to somethign bigger

ive got a couple

check out this channel if you're into diy flying

youtube.com/channel/UCcIbMAd5E6cOaJRuIliW9Lw

Can anyone recommend a step up from the JJRC H22? I'd like something a bit more substantial which I can fly outdoors in a moderate breeze, and ideally with a better battery life.
Been looking at the WLToys XK Alien X250; is that a decent choice or should I be looking elsewhere?

build your own. it's not hard.

Noice. your racing one looks similar to my emax nighthawk.

that's a pretty damn good rc for noobs video

can i use these to spy on girls in the shower?

No. They're hella noisy.

so are showers

What's the cheapest I can build one for?

I know a guy who does commercial agriculture monitoring, fucker has a drone that can hover and glide, like a harrier. Mad jelly :(

I basically have OP pic but different colors.

Estes ProtoX

Gf bought an Estes Proto N holy shit it's tiny. No I don't think it's a rebranded Cheerson, it's smaller.

I also have a Hubsan X4 which is more stable and easier to fly but not as hilarious.

it's adorable

It is seriously tiny. She thought it was qt and after watching me sort of master my Proto X she wanted to play too. The controller is better on hers, I got the elf-sized tiny controller. Yeah you know the one that Estes/rebranded ProtoX's come with. Sucks ass, and your trim is digital (meaning button increments) not analog so eh on that.

Her controller is far better yet the vehicle itself is less predictable, together this makes the Proto X and Proto N about the same to fly, though the N is seriously like half the size of the X. I don't think you could get a reasonable, functional quad any smaller..

can't you use your hubsan controller for it?
saw a guy in the video do it

youtu.be/YbdNZIL6Lpw?t=4m15s

Got my ZMR250 racer complete and fixed up. Pic related, still from the video of it;s maiden.

Runs on 4S battery, 2206 2000kv motors with a naze32 FC, 20A littlebees, OSDoge, Sony 600TVL camera and a 600mW vtx.

Feels good, thinking about doing a RR5 for my next build. Anyone have any experience with it? Is it a solid frame?

ive got a few

Fucking...Duh.. I forgot all about that. I've even fucking done it it's just been so long since I've had time to get the little guys out.

Yes, you can absolutely do that and it works better then. The better controller makes it a relatively competent quad for its size.

Here she is in the flesh senpai. I need to clean up the wires, but otherwise I've got the PIDs in a good spot and it's a blast to fly FPV. Can't wait to race it this summer.

do something like a qav180 instead

I was looking at that fame, would that be able to carry a GoPro or would it be better to get a qav210 for that?

naa, 150 is where its at

it should be doable. might want to get one of the cheap clones to save some weight, or just give it more thrust

Here's mine