Did I do good Sup Forums

Did I do good Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/p/vHJZxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No ssd

Why do you need Sup Forums's approval as long as you like it?

What is the optimal size?

If you ask my long time gf its 22cm

Weak ram frequency

Just don't get 128GB unless you like running out of room after using 20GB of space for games.

Also you're probably overpaying for the mobo but it's Asus so I'm not surprised.

Swap the H100i for the X61

Get a samsung 850 PRO with 250 GB for OS and any other intensive application you use a frequently. All media and such just dumpt it into the HDD

Good X99 mobos are expensive like hello?

For your budget? ~500GB.

This desu, a number of games show some solid performance gains using 3000MHz+ DDR4, I would look at upgrading the RAM a bit, it should only be $30-40 more.

>intel CPU
>overpriced aio meme cooler
>WD HDD
>DX11 GPU
>EVGA PSU
>No ssd

end yourself

-Get 16gb of RAM maximum
-Get a Samsung 850 evo 250gb for your OS and some games and software, use that HDD for storage
-The 1080 Founders edition is a complete housefire meme, see image, wait for 3rd party shit or buy something else, you're going to heavily regret it.

Eh, I guess. With that budget it makes sense.

250 or 500gb
Samsung 850 evo is good.

If this is for gaming you don't need ATX form-factor motherboard and case, nor 32Gb of RAM or X99 platform. 6700K has better IPC than 5820K, and more games are optimised for 4 core processors. Also, I think it's dumb to have large sized mass-storage, 'cause HDDs are so cheap. Get 2x 2Tb to avoid loss of data. Also, without knowing what monitor you have I can't comment on if you need the 1080 GPU.

pcpartpicker.com/p/vHJZxY

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($338.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI Z170M Mortar Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($69.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.95 @ Amazon)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.95 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Founders Edition Video Card ($699.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($117.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ NCIX US)

Was still unsure of that. 980ti will max 1080p games I was considering 1440p for just browsing and better workspace in general though. I wasn't going to do just gaming but I don't think I will even need the 2 extra cores. It really only saves a little time in rendering and stuff right?

>saves a little time in rendering
For things that are well threaded and can properly use the extra cores (rendering, encoding, most professional rendering and editing software) then those 2 extra cores are going to give you a good 30% better performance.

If this is for your job, that 30% can be well worth it, if you make money the faster you can complete renderings or encodes, then get the 5820k hands down. BUT, if that isn't the case (and it seems like it isn't), then get the 6700k because it will have better single core IPC because it is a generation newer.

An R9 380X or GTX 950 will max out 1080p gaming and they're both about $200.

>950
960, I mean

960 wont max out 1080p gaming, it can play every game at 1080p at medium or high no problem, but it cant play GTA 5, witcher 3, Dark souls3, etc, at max settings at 1080p.

>4 x 8GB Memory

it's quad channel motherboard, either 4x4GB or 4x8GB. Pretty sure they dont make 2GB DDR4 DIMMs so 8GB isn't even possible unless you run in dual or triple channel modes which would not be optimal for that CPU.

>all those buzzwords
Let me guess, you also have an iphone? I'm fucking dying

...are you retarded? The motherboard has 8 DIMM slots, the X99 chipset and 2011-3 operate best with quad channel memory, meaning 4 DIMM slots must be occupied. The literal lowest amount of RAM you can have and still be operating with quad channel memory is 4x4GB. Since RAM is so cheap he might as well get 4x8GB.

Stop being an idiot user

>DIMM slots
>X99 chipset
>2011-3

lol

>Blu-Ray
>2016

How many apple products do you own?

Literally none, and if you think i'm the OP you're pretty damn stupid son.

Not enuf ram

Listen to this guy

>good
well. It's 'Did I do well', you retard.

How much more do I need ?

He was being sarcastic.

Get an SSD and less ram (32 isn't worth it in 2016)

The price difference is negligible and since he is on X99 he might as well get 4x8GB. That would allow him to upgrade with another 4x8GB if he ever need more (RAMDIsk or some crazy new tech comes out that LOVES RAM)

Don't listen to the trolls, they are telling you to get less RAM so that you don't have enough RAM to do anything but facebook browsing. You should try to get atleast 64GB

>some crazy new tech comes out that LOVES RAM
You need to be 18 or older to use this website.

>Founders© Edition™
>The Way It's Meant To Be Played®

I didn't mean to put the founder edition since everyone bitches about it I didn't realize it was an evga founders edition

Wait for a good aftermarket cooler with 8+2 or 10+2 phase power.

Not sure what that means but I was considering the evga 1080 hybrid assuming it doesn't cost much more

The default configuration for VRM power phases on the GTX 1080 is 5+1 (5 for the GPU die, 1 for the vRAM)

The EVGA Hybrid is supposed to have a 10+2 power phase (10 for the GPU and 2 for the vRAM).

This allows for much cleaner power at the high end and a greater OC ceiling.

22is way to big,, its scientifically proven that the 15-16 is the perfect size for an avergal vagina

Why would anyone get a 5820k the 6700k is great and runs pretty good for being only 4 cores