College/uni thread time

College/uni thread time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBXZWB_dNsw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't MIT for cucks now?

Also any suggestion for a minor with a CS major?

>tfw lacking motivation to revise for my a levels
>1st exam is in a week
>Southampton want AAB for electrical engineering

Welp, I hope I don't fuck up hard.

Math?

That was one of my choices, but I don't know. The entirety of the required courses for the math minor is part of the CS degree already. They don't count them for both so I'll have to take 15 hours of even higher level math courses.

I guess I could though since there isn't really another choice.

How about Indian Studies so you can fit in with your future coworkers?

Surprised the KCL faggot hasn't invaded this thread yet.

Edinburgh Napier Uni.

Fucking kill me, I've been alive longer than this place has been a uni - it was the UK version of a community college until 1993, and still acts like it today.

Electrical Engineering.
That way you have a little bit of knowledge of hardware.

Electrical Engineering isn't what you want, it's electronic engineering.

Please tell me that email isn't real.

Hey. That image again. So glad you reposted it XD

I'm a chemical engineering major btw.

There's no way that image is real.
I refuse to believe they put fucking emojis in their acceptance emails.

Free tuition for Scots right?

MIT is full of top Sup Forums memers

Makes sense honestly, their largest group is dumb niggers because of apefirmative action

>0%
>0%
>100%
Wut?

Its been going on for years now senpai

>3rd year of a 4 year bachelor in CS
>classmate is from Middle Kingdom
>never studied anything that's not in class on his own, except for the one time he read LPtHW
>shit's starting to get more advanced and theoretical, he can't handle it
>tell him this would all make sense if he studied a little bit of entry-level advanced maths, just becoming familiar with the concepts, nothing too crazy
>but teacher did not teach this in class
>"yeah, i know, she doesn't have to, and she probably doesn't have time."
>i just want to learn what she teach in class

>there are also a couple indians, and one pajeet

>pajeet in class having the same problem jin yang is having, doesn't want to put in any extra effort
>"Please please please, could you please give us an extension" [ on this 3 step project we had over 1 month to do] "I am having SO MANY Troubles!"

you can see where this is going. why can't pajeets and jin yangs try to learn anything on their own?

chads are the same way. way to be a living meme, guys.

That's the % race accepted with that GPA. It's true, you need to be black to get accepted with a GPA in that range.

emojis were means for the japanese, but now most people who are using them are niggers
what happened?
when did emojis become mainstream?
when did they escape the i-mode?

die westerner scum

you are super-privileged simply by being a US citizen

...there's a difference?
I literally just changed my major to we

Also, I've yet to apply and its already June
How fucked am I?

>Sup Forums is full of kind that haven't even finished college

there's a lot more than just hardware, for the lower-level portion and even when you take your electives

>Isn't MIT for cucks now?
only if you have sour grapes about being rejected.

Just fucking revise you cunt. Don't be me. Don't end up at a cuck-tier university like Bournemouth.

Any decent CS program should be 75% math anyway. They're probably going for the cs degree meme due to pressure from parents. Shame they'll probably be able to land some shit codemonkey job too.

Went to OU and majored in CS. Just graduated. Got a job making 73k with bonuses. 4 wk paid vacation, 2 wk sick leave. Not too shabby for a fresh grad.

*highschool

My dream college is UT Austin, but how is OU? I haven't really looked into it yet but I hear it's nicer than you would expect.

How bad is Bournemouth ?

Starting my Master's this Fall. Turned down offers from UPenn, NYU, and Hopkins. No, I'm not a pajeet. Got it all covered from muh GI Bill, feelsgoodman.

Based on the wild fluctuation in admittance per each GPA level I'd say that "study" had an exceptionally small sample size and would therefore doubt the accuracy.

You know what? That's pretty awesome. Full speed ahead and may the great things in life come your way!

emojis on an admission letter? WTF is this?

t-thanks, you too

who F-1 here?

yea

Good job user, proud of you son

>tfw going back to college at 21

better late than never I guess, jdimsa

>emojis
>SJW haven
What a fucking shitty university.

Fourth year at University of Waterloo for CS.
Interviewing with Microsoft, Amazon, Uber and Morgan Stanley for internships this week.

Womyn studies

I feel you dude. 23 here going back net year. Its hard paying for school without any parents or guardians to help on the FAFSA.

Probably a small sample size. The lowest row is weird since it has shit GPA with pretty good test scores. I wouldn't be surprised if there were only one or two people of each race in it.

>emojis

What is this joke of a place

I'm really excited for this fall, starting my first year as a mech engineer.

Any other anons attending Mines?

Its not even money that's my problem it's health issues
Major depression and other illnesses makes school almost literally impossible with all the fatigue and brain fog

Oh well going to the doc again tomorrow maybe he'll actually do something for me this time

>zoomass
lellelelelelel

Anyone going to Stony Brook? I live close to it so a lot of my friends are going there. How good is it?

Been waiting forever for someone with depression to actually mention "brain fog". Medication can take years before the "right one" is found. Take cognitive behavioral therapy seriously and you will find your way out. Just back to functional though, the brain fog never goes away.

>tfw going to SFU
>No accolades
At least I got a $5000 scholarship (and yes I'm 18)

>SFU
So the suicide school, neato.

Ayy go Badgers.

>no cure for brain fog

why even live

Any anons at the University of Michigan?

What did you have to do to get in?
Also, how much is it?

kek
>learn to shit on designated places

What's brain fog?

It's still top 10 r... right? ;_;

Just graduated from there a few months ago. Pretty good school, top notch CS program. You'll have a great time.

Information security?

Pajeet/Wong pls

but i'm a russkie

>tfw when working full time and doing degree part time.

Last exam for the year today. Only 2 more years to go.

>wasting your job working a minimum wage mcjob instead of focusing on your studies

You can look up the stats yourself, retard. Never trust a nigger doctor, he's just there to look good

I'm in a £23k IT job, which isn't amazing but it's way better than min wage. Also I have a mortgage to pay so studying full time is not an option.

That's the same uni of Santiago.
youtube.com/watch?v=DBXZWB_dNsw

What are you going to study btw?

I just finished my fourth year but I didn't graduate because I had to retake so many classes. I didn't earn a satisfactory grade for one of the required courses in the CS major and the department won't allow it. I've been depressed and unmotivated my entire time at school and my grades reflect it. I don't know whether to just drop out or transfer. Who else here /depression/?

Bastards rejected me but instead of just denying they changed my course to Web Sciences or some shit. UCAS being the piece of crap it is doesn't let you pick your insurance if your primary 'accepts' you, had to spend 3 hours firing phone calls and ring up the clearing line for my insurance telling them I definitely have a place.

Southampton did look very nice though so try hard, but realise they might screw you if you mess up.

I almost went to MIT in 2008, but since they didn't give me a real 100% scholarship & I'm poorfag, I went somewhere else.

Several of my friends from high school went there and they all fucking loved it so who knows

good vibes

Is this real?

Because I would tell them to fuck off and attend some other college if I received this SJW childish crap.

American universities are a joke.
Literally the only barrier of entry for a non retarded person is money

Phenylpiracetam is a miracle for me in this regard. Right up until my body adapts and it's not any more. (3-5 days.)

Then a month later it works again.

Heartbreaking that it doesn't just work continually. My life would change radically for the better.

seriously? fucking emojis? this can't be real

It's that way everywhere.
It's free in most other developed places which shits things up even further.

>All these shit-tier American "universities"
Step up senpai

first (not really) for berkeley is trash

Well, here in ITA good unis dont cost THAT much more than normal ones, except private ones for fags.
The barrier of entry is the test, and how you did in highschool, but it should be only the test. (I checked out a Harvard's test once...it was a joke)
You see, we dont have a standardized system like the SAT. Your final grade greatly depends on your school and your professor.
So me, an above average student that got out with a 80/100 in the toughest hs in my city, with the toughest professors in the school, could never have gotten in a good foreign or not uni and some idiots that I know that never studied but went to dummy schools and are rich are now having fun doing anything but studying in the US.
I dont know how I feel about free college in the north, I am not informed enough to talk about it but it seems to good to be true, we cant afford it for sure, maybe scandinavia really is a paradise

You have to have a shit ton of money to bypass admissions though. The only people I know who got into I view for money had buildings on campus and weren't total retards. Some 100k donation isn't going to get you into any top tier school.

How are universities like MIT for accepting people older than the average student (29-30) or people who have already got degrees?

I doubt anyone else on here goes to this disappointment

Good archery team though

kek far north qld

>Emojis
>delivery owls
>magically transformed

This has to be fake.

It's basically not a real university.
Just about to graduate from their Software Engineering degree and it's been a complete joke.

who /cc/ here

Oh shit , im starting the computer forensics course there next semester.
What to expect ?

First year is alright but you won't be doing any security stuff.
Second year is also okay, but the programming unit is a joke.
Final year is complete shit, terribly organised and all the lecturers are terrible. no one on the course has enjoyed final year.

idk, maybe it will be different for you but I'm just glad I'm getting out of this place now.

Thanks user

Warwick WW@

np, gl m8

Brown