I'm in desperate need of a new gpu, should I get a 1070 or wait for polaris/HBM2?

I'm in desperate need of a new gpu, should I get a 1070 or wait for polaris/HBM2?

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING/
gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5916
videocardz.com/60773/amd-radeon-rx-480-to-cost-199-usd
youtube.com/watch?v=Icm9B1nkGJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

June 10th for GTX 1070, just wait

asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING/

gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5916

The 1070's throttling issues will be the newest scandal since the 970's 3.5gb issue. The Nvidiots will defend it all day long. You're better off waiting for Polaris.

Get the 1070.
Best bang for buck and best efficiency by far, I'd be surprised if AMD came anywhere near that level.

>Polaris
Enjoy your mediocre performance.

videocardz.com/60773/amd-radeon-rx-480-to-cost-199-usd

suicidewatch.jpg

HBM1/2 is overpriced and useless at this point...

Wait for Polaris and then choose, don't be a retard

It's only got throttling issues so far because nVidia's reference coolers suck ass. They always have.

Okay. So nvidia WILL HAVE ISSUES and not meet expectations, they're jews, etc. but AMD promises the world and it's the new gospel.

I like both of them and hope they both thrive. You know. The whole competition thing. I really do hope all the extravagant, bullshit-sounding promises AMD is making are true.

980 perf/watt levels, but not interesting for me, I need something for 4K survival. The 1070 has confirmed 2 MB L2.
>Implying AMD stock coolers are better
They are all shit.

Polaris is a midrange GPU

Nobody can say for sure until a few hours when AMD has their official announcement of their new cards. And even that is not perfect, it could just be marketing hype like Nvidia's announcement. If you want to be super sure in your purchasing decision, wait until Polaris is actually out.

However, if it's super urgent just get the 1070. Polaris will probably be a while until you can get it in your hands (doesn't the NDA lift on like the end of June? So it has to release then or after then). Also Polaris will definitely be below the 1070 in terms of total performance because Polaris isn't trying to compete with the 1070/1080, so if you're in the $350-$400 price range just get the 1070.

I'm waiting for other contenders to break through the market, but seeing how Team Green and Red are so dominant already in the industry, we'll be on our hand and knees for them for years

We already know that two RX 480 for $200 each in crossfire are faster than a $700 GTX 1080.

>crossfire are faster than a $700 GTX 1080
lol

>implying I was implying anything.
Yeah, reference coolers are shit. Wait until the custom boards come out, then we'll see what the 1080/1070 can really do.

From leaks, I'm guessing? I'm cautiously optimistic about Polaris, but leaks also said that the 1080 ran ridiculously cool on air.

You don't need a new GPU. Save your money and perhaps some day you will stop being poor and will actually be able to afford a new GPU whenever you want it.

get the rx 480 at $200, performance of a 390, total power draw of 135w at peak, it'll be out end of June or start of July

The 480 will be the equivalent of the 1060, you fucking retard.

Just like that 380 was the equivalent of the 960.

nigga wait for Vega/HBM2

>wait
>wait
>wait

Frustration intensifies

I know that, so what? There's no reason not to wait

One more day friend
I feel your pain, my 7850 is driving my insane

If your budget is max $300, wait for Polaris.

If your budget is minimum $600, see if you can find a 1070 somewhere for sale.

wait for polaris

summerfags back to Sup Forums

>I've literally been gaming on the integrated graphics in my computer while waiting for Polaris to be announced to decide between it or a 1070
It's much more capable than I thought, the HD530 in my i5 runs games better than an Xbox 360/PS3 in my experience. Those consoles are 10 years old obviously, but it's kind of a cool novelty to have that much power in the absolute low end graphics of today.

Fuck off waitfag

Yeah but PC games are even weakly less optimized just because of how many different configurations of parts there are. Integrated graphics are okay these days, but they won't run much.

>AMD is always shit/disappointment
>summerfag

Go back on Sup Forums Roy.

if the rx 480 is overclock capable, get it
if it can't, find a 1070

>AMD is always shit/disappointment
>being this new
wew lad summerfag confirmed

you have to be 18 or older to post here

Well obviously, I'm just surprised that I can even run games that are a few years old. I didn't realize before that poorfags can probably easily get by on like an AMD APU.

>summerfag
Only newfags call other peoples newfag...

g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

>that frame design
I too worry about my GPU being detected by RADAR.

Have you tried ignoring threads you don't like? A lot of us are making a decision like OP soon and it can't hurt to discuss it.

>summerfag = newfag
LURK MOAR NEWFAG

Why make something that's just going to sit inside your PC look this cool?

Quads speak the truth.
Stop trying to save a board that was never good in the first place.

bump

You should wait for Vega.

one more day? Shits happening in 1 hour 45 minz

youtube.com/watch?v=Icm9B1nkGJ0

>polaris
>getting HBM2
TOPPEST OF KEKS
YOU A FUNNY MAN

ayy lmao

980 performance with 130w @ $199

Two of them will be cheaper than a single 1070 and will be equivalent to 1080 or so.

>$379
>$400
>cheaper

You funny and very gud in math

You do realise if you eradicated all tech support and consumer review type treads then most of the discussion on this board would be dead?

My 290x Lightning died today, when are custom designed 1080's going to be available?