According to WSJ article, Polaris GPUs will cost no more than 199 USD...

>According to WSJ article, Polaris GPUs will cost no more than 199 USD. First systems equipped with Polaris GPUs will be available end of June:

Advanced Micro Devices Inc. is angling to lower the cost of virtual reality, targeting the field with a new line of graphics hardware priced at $199—half or less the cost of comparable products.

AMD said the first chips based on its new Polaris design are expected to arrive in graphics cards for personal computers at the end of June. The company aims to help push the starting cost of PCs that can deliver VR experiences as low as $799 from above $1,000.

Patrick Moorhead, an analyst with Moor Insights & Strategy said that $199 price comes as a surprise.

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/60773/amd-radeon-rx-480-to-cost-199-usd
hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility
anandtech.com/show/9815/amd-moves-pre-gcn-gpus-to-legacy
anandtech.com/show/5775/amd-hd-2000-hd-3000-hd-4000-gpus-being-moved-to-legacy-status-in-may
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sauce: videocardz.com/60773/amd-radeon-rx-480-to-cost-199-usd

Wake me up when they announce 1080 competitors.

[spoiler]jk I have a Goyim-Sync monitor I don't care[/spoiler]

>Neither Ocushit nor HTCshit can make cheap VR headsets
>$199 card with $599 or $799 headsets

>THEY FELL FOR THE VR MEME

AYY LMAO. NVIDIA IS ON A SUICIDE WATCH!

NVIDIA IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

RX 480 matching 980/Fury for 199$ is perf/W killer

I'm just waiting for the 490 price, it's probably what I'm going to get.

>tfw they already showed benchmarks on the editors day supposedly where it's well above 1080.

>$200 for 390x performance
>390x is a rebranded 290x
>290x were selling for $200 before the release of the 390x
>same performance for this same price, three years later

gj amdead

So fucking cheap I can get it and when Vega comes out just Crossfire them for the hell of it.

there isn't a 490, where have you been
polaris 10 only goes up to 480 and possibly 480x going by old amd jargon, they're calling a 480 an rx 480 now
490s and up would be Vega

Neither finished not bankrupt. NVIDIA will revise their prices down and will not have as much of a margin. That's all. Given that early rumors put the Polaris 10 price tag at $299, then it went down to $249, now $199, it appears that this is exactly what AMD has already done before launching.

Still, this is great news for everyone.

In 4 hours we will see for sure.

I'm of two minds on AMD's decision to focus on the low to mid-range cards first. It's a fact that this is the largest segment of graphics cards that gets sold. From that perspective it makes perfect sense to focus on that portion of the market first. Especially if they beat nVidia to that market by several months.

On the other hand, the reason why graphics companies have - historically speaking - always released their high-end Halo products first, is because of the influence that it can have on potential buyers when all of the hyped up reviews come out. We all know there's more "market excitement" over flagship products, even if they don't offer the best price/performance nor are they the highest selling cards for either company.

But the flagships do get people excited for the new generation of products, even if they're only concerned with buying the mid-range cards. What I'm potentially worried about, is that by launching the flagship cards later in the year instead of first, that they're hurting their "optics" for the "low-information" consumers that only really get excited about the flagships of each generation and whether correctly or not, base their buying decisions on the mid-range cards partially on the flagship performance.

I guess we'll find out how well AMD does. Parity and good competition is never a bad thing. I hope this strategy pays off for AMD and they aren't hurt at all for having their 1080 competitor - Vega - only coming out as early as the fall.

290s and 290x are a fucking lottery, look up the elpida vs hynix problems, you thought 3.5gb of RAM on Nvidia was bad at least you didn't have problems with random screen freezing, there's a reason they're that price

summerfag go back to Sup Forums

>amd selling cards at a loss just so they can artificial prop up their brand and appear to still be relevant

Why would Nvidia reduce prices?

GTX 1070 with 6.5TFLOPS BEATS Fury X with 8.6TFLOPS in most benchmarks

AMD TFLOPS have always been a laughable lie

fat chance

>RX

Oh shit, AMD are making the gundam of GPUs

>tfw you waited and didnt buy 380

These aren't their flagship cards. AMD have always been good at making small chips, especially compared to AMD.

The rumored prices for these mid-range Polaris cards wouldn't be at all surprising. They would be surprising for Vega.

>232mm2 mid-range die
>selling at a loss for $199

xD

>290x
Fell for that meme. Just kill me.

>$199 price
Holy fuck, that would be incredible. $200 matching last gen's high end is no joke, it will sell a lot along with the 1070 if it delivers.

AMD has always been the POORFAG brand and it shows again why poorfags on Sup Forums go for inferior AMD CPUs & GPUs

since when was Nvidia = Zeon?

Fuck off Applefuckboi.

This is the first summer post I've ran into.
I guess it's that time of the year.

summerfag leave

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility
>"In the simplest terms AMD has created a product that runs hotter and slower than its competition's new architecture by a potentially significant margin."

KEK AMDRONES ON LITERAL SUICIDE WATCH

?

You did good. You basically bought a Polaris with 2x the power consumption 3 years ago.

Spamming is against the rules

>i know you are but what am i XDDDDDDDDD
>>>/9gag/

gtx 1070 sales just got destroyed.

you belong with your own kind summerfag

Which Gundam?

you have to be 18 to post here

>AMD, same performance from 3 years ago, 290X

>Nvidia, more performance compared to last year's TITAN X

Yeah, stay delusional, AMDPOORFAG

see

I will still use 280x, no reason to upgrade for 1920x1080 / 60Hz (or 1920x1200 for me) gaming.

>AMD says its new Polaris-based graphics cards will deliver performance equivalent to $500 graphics cards from today’s generation. That’s roughly in line with the Radeon R9 390X, GeForce GTX 980, or air-cooled Radeon Fury.

Go back to 9gag kiddo.

You're comparing a new $199 with a new $799 card.

>gets rekt
>gets butthurt
kek

>AMD produces efficient and inexpensive graphics cards for the masses
>Nvidia produces overpriced Fermi 2.0

At twice the price

Damn... First the crappy new cards by nvidia and now this...
I expect mass suicides by nvidiots.

Based decision on AMD's part.
Glorious capitalism, hard at work, again, brothers!

It's history repeating itself.
Last die shrink was during the Fermi vs Evergreen days.
And we all know how that turned out.

>nvidiot face when amazing price to performance ratio of RX480

>>>/butthurthospital/

>First systems equipped with Polaris GPUs will be available end of June:
But does that mean laptops? Desktop GPUs aren't AMD's only bread and butter, they make a ton from consoles and laptops and enterprise as well.

>AMD TFLOPS have always been a laughable lie
FLOPS are FLOPS, it's not even possible to lie about them unless you lie about what your product is entirely. There's tons of software out there that scales as you'd expect based on peak FLOPS with AMD, Intel, nVidia and whoever else. It's entirely on the shoulders of the developers to make software that scales properly.

There is no history repeating itself

anandtech.com/show/9815/amd-moves-pre-gcn-gpus-to-legacy

AMD Evergreen & Northern Islands have no driver support and most users that bought those junk regret it immensely

Also GP104 is small chip and easily mass manufactured and available in massive quantities

Nvidia is profitable, AMD is not, simple as that

>nvidia face at the stupididty of AMDpoors when they can just sell a higher priced 1070 and way more of them than shity poo cards will sell

I'm new at this, so can someone explain this to me? I I'm going to buy an Nvidia Gtx 980, should I wait for this? Also they're going to be sold out? Thanks Sup Forums!

>muh price to performance
is this board full of fucking pajeets without job

Definitely.

>>>/ebaumsworld/

Sure thing, based nvidia brough dx12 drivers to the fermi line, if only any fermi card survived post-2012 driver updates.

anandtech.com/show/5775/amd-hd-2000-hd-3000-hd-4000-gpus-being-moved-to-legacy-status-in-may

HD4000 is even worse, kicked to the curb in 4 years, GF200 series fully supported until April 2016

Wonder how many AMDPOORFAG retards bought the overheating HD4870 HOUSEFIRES :^)

>needing to buy overpriced things just so you can remind yourself you're a functioning adult that can earn an acceptable wage
kek insecurefags

>980
more like 970

>We didn't get invited to the event because AMD say we're not fair
>So we're going to spread FUD
Sounds like they're totally reasonable people.

nice samefaging

>i have infinite money from my parents and since i dont know the value of a dollar i should spend on the most expensive product that isnt worth what i pay for it

I lent my brother a card since I told him he should wait for the new ones, but I never expected this.

>>>/yahoo/

Never read so much butthurt over not being invited to a product launch

I-i just want an ATI special edition card senpai.....

Youre a good brother.

Go ahead and buy the 980. You sound like you deserve it.

Its summer

(You)

I just tend to buy the most powerful cards desu.
I work.

>I work
Me too. Doesn't mean I want to waste my money.

Kys

Kill yourself normalfag scum.

>>>/ask.com/

>mfw I bought a 980 because they are "cheaper" now
>mfw I paid 300 burgers
>mfw Im starting to hear that nvidia is already gimping the high end maxwell.

>yfw they can't gimp Maxwell since Pascal is shrunk Maxwell

SHIT!!! I BETTER SELL MY 290X NOA BEFORE ITS RESALE VALUE GONE SHITTY. I paid too much for 290X back time. FUCKIN $550!!

buy the 980 NOW BEFORE THEY SELL OUT

Not him, but I think it's more fair to say that for gaming, teraflops aren't always the best way to measure the performance of a card. Some cards can perform better in games with fewer teraflops.

>Oh i understand this sick Sup Forums meme
>Its about using 3 lines and a random webpage between slashes.
>Summer is great!, who needs friend when you are in middleschool and browse 4chanz

You first, norman.

>>>/myspace/

no u

Can you at least make it a little harder to spot the summer in your posts?

>shit i better sell my 290x so i can buy a card with the same performance!
jesus, even nvidiots aren't this stupid

>most users that bought those junk regret it immensely

I had both 5850 and 6950 and did not regret either; though the 6950 cost quite a bit (2x the price of the 5850...). But on the upside, I could unlock it to a 6970.

And the last driver update was sometime in this March.

Some people think the price won't drop on the 980 because of people buying them for SLI. So if this leak is true, Polaris will be a much better value than the 980.

Ah im sorry then, i also tend to buy a certain card, mostly the -60 ti's or -80x's/x870's