Is this boot setup possible?

is this boot setup possible?

yes it is

no it's not

maybe it could be done

it depends

the reason i ask is because its not like my computer is capable of booting from PCI-E SSD

but, i've booted windows 7 from RAM before. it works. grub loads the disk into ram and it boots. so... supposing the bootloader can see the pci-e drive, it can load the disk image into ram.

and when you need to altar the image you boot right off of the disk.

so i guess the real question is, will grub4dos be able to load an img to ram off a pci-e SSD? we'll see tomorrow when my SSD's and methamphetamine arrive.

But why?
Why the fuck would you want to do that
Just use a VM or make up your fucking mind on which OS to use

Yes, but only if you accept Christ as your Lord and Savior

dude i have my reasons

i don't want windows 7 to have internet access. i want to use comfy Arch with a tiling wm to do my Sup Forums and IRC shitposting and internet browsing and buying drugs off of tor and torrenting and so on and so forth.

and when i want to use adobe, autodesk, or DAW software, i'd boot up windows.

RAM is just much faster and safer to run an OS from. and i can. so i want to.

HexChat 2.12.1 • OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (x64) • CPU 1: Intel(R) Xeon(R) E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz-3.3ghz - 8 core 20mb cache • CPU 2: Intel(R) Xeon(R) E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz-3.3ghz - 8 core 20mb cache • Memory: 64.0 GiB Total ECC RDIMM (55.8 GiB Free) • Storage: 261.2 GiB / 1.0 TiB (789.5 GiB Free) • VGA: NVIDIA Quadro M4000 • Waveterminal 192L Controller Audio Interface • Intel(R) C608/C606/X79 chipset Virtual Switch Port SAS Controller

btw this is my computer

neat. how many gig of broccoli did you install?

dude you wouldn't download broccoli

Nvidia sales rep, why are you still dual-booting Windows 7?

that's a cute gpu. which one is it?

>2011
>playing WoW

dat sweet sweet proprietary software famalam

quadro M4000

i have never played WOW in my life.

despite the irresistable proprietary software... i wouldn't allow windows anywhere near an internet connection.

>Sup Forums

>not falling for the free as in freedom software meme.

It's almost like you want to get cucked by corporations.

Friends don't let friends get cucked by M$.

i think you're talking about free as in free beer software, freedom to me means being able to use the best software, since, freedom is essentially power, and the best software is the powerful software.

besides there are no legitimate arguments against using linux to drive daily and windows to soft gayly

what do you use it for beside gaming? (the quadro)

the quadro excels with inventor and photoshop and aftereffects, as well as GPU accelerated CUDA reverb software. it's really incredible.

i don't give a fuck about gaming, if it doesn't run well on the quadro i just wouldn't play it, i barely play anymore anyways, and when i do its just playing the same levels of borderlands: the pre sequel over and over and over again.

im interested into getting into some neural network and GPGPU shit once i have arch set up properly on it.

Literally use a KVM with disabled network access. Problem solved.