Why do """people""" strip the interior of their daily driver?

Why do """people""" strip the interior of their daily driver?

Is it because they want to look cool?
Is it because they are so poor they need to take extreme measures to save money on gas?

They like to make believe they are race car drivers.

Lightweight and spoilers makes me go fast vroom vroom

Easier to vacuum. I dunno, looking at it, that's why I'd do it.

I stripped my van for several reasons, very similar to your pic.
>I only spent $300 on the vehicle and the entire interior was soaked, moldy and trashed
>working on it very slowly as money and time permits, need to get the mechanicals right first, but
it's going to be a sweet mobile bedroom and ultra secure and most importantly super stealthy.

my mistake user, I totally thought I was on /o/ right now

here's the new thread

I get the feeling this guy also throttles his auto transmission and pretends he's driving stick.

it is a stick you fucking retard

since he has a helmet and what appears to be a racing seat it's most likely for weight reduction

Cheapest performance mod you can do.
Pigfat cars are disgusting.

>van
>sweet mobile bedroom and ultra secure and most importantly super stealthy.

child rapist detected.

Add lightness to add speed.

dont you mean "simplicate and add more lightness"

It works. I got given a mitsi turbo 1.8 litre carbied car. Weight reduces and cut the dash board out with a angle grinder. It went faster desu. Never used it on the road though strictly for thrashing.

so if i tie a bunch of balloons to my car it will go faster??

>It works
Of course it works. I don't know if this is a US fad, but gutting the interior of your daily driver doesn't look very productive to me.

>so if i tie a bunch of balloons to my car it will go faster??

No, the balloons add drag and weight .

Peeping the gm with hoosiers in the background

It's at a track

Because they unironically believe the carpet is weighing them down

And then they leave passenger seats, AC, and plastic trim so instead of having a marginally faster car they have the same car but less comfy.

>I don't know if this is a US fad, but gutting the interior of your daily driver

Since when is this a US fad? I've never seen a gutted interior on something that wasn't being built to race or being worked on or like maybe a shitty astrovan or the like once or twice that the interior was probably nasty and beat to fuck and they removed it because they just wanted to shove shit in the vehicle and go.

Is it a regional thing maybe? Idk I live in the south and its certainly not a fad for daily drivers in my area, Also I work in the auto industry and am dealing with cars all day, although to be fair my company rarely deals with shitters.

Or maybe its an age thing idk, is it a high school fad or some shit?

>Since when is this a US fad?

That's why I asked. Btw the car in the picture seems to be a weekend racecar (but without a rollcage, wut?)

Thanks for linking, not enough people do that.

>implying he would hide thatbfact among friends :^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose