I... I can't believe it. I'm speechless

I... I can't believe it. I'm speechless.

They actually fucking did it. They're back in the game. AMDomination is fucking here again.

I am fucking crying. Thank you AMD for releasing us from NShitia.

I'm curious.

But they left us again with Intel...

Zen scales from high performance server parts down to embedded. I think at least one of those parts will be competitive enough for them to make money. We don't know enough about Zen's performance yet to say anything else but there's also Zen+ coming out like a year or two afterward which was also built with Keller's guidance.

Wat u want snappy

>"coming out like a year or two afterward"

AMD.

It's a card that's less powerful than the 1070. It's pretty much for ultra-poorfags AMD is still fucked unless they can release something highend.

June 29th

I missed the event and want to know if they talked about their upcoming CPU products?

Zen comes out this year. Zen+ comes out next year or the year after that. Consistent product releases is a good thing

I hate to break it to you, but the majority of gaymers are ultra-poorfags.

The real question is whether or not a single 1070 beats two RX 380s

Are piss4 and xbone selling well?

>RX 380s
That's not how AMD's numbering works. It'd be the RX 470.

Yup. Their addiction interferes with personal development.

Do you really think Intel and NVIDIA will stay idle? They'll just continue to btfo AMD for years to come.
>Zen+ will save us
Ok user.

They mentioned that Zen is an 8 core CPU with 16 threads and that it can be scaled from high performance down to embedded level designs and then the stream ended.

And this was all on just the first page of Sup Forums. The AMD shilling is strong tonight.

Oh my bad
Will two RX 480s for $400 beat a single 1070 OCed for $400?

If AMD dies intel will never bother releasing a good chip again.

LMAO PEOPLE WHO PRE-ORDERED A GTX 1080 GOT BTFO

thanks but fuck they really didn't release much info.

>People talking about a stream that was up an hour ago
FUCKING SHILLS

40% IPC increase over piledriver, which still falls short of haswell

but that's OK, because Intel being better than AMD is a minor issue, but AMD not being good enough is a big fucking problem

t. poorfag

The previous slides they released said it was 40% over excavator not piledriver

AMD has really screwed up this time and they're trying everything they can to get out of it. Remember, this card has the same TDP as a 1070 so they can't even claim efficiency as an advantage

It's impossible to say for sure at this point. The only speculation I'll offer is that single card solutions are always better than SLI/Crossfire, so even if the 1070 and two RX 480s offer equivalent performance, I'd go for the 1070 because it'll just operate smoother anyways.

What does that have to do with all this shilling?

Also, didn't AMD spin off ATI last year?

Why are they making multiple new threads instead of sticking to ONE THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE? AMDrones cannot use the catalog, or worse, READ WHAT IS ON THE FIRST PAGE? Either they are retarded or shilling.

I thought they said "over 40%", but even if it's slightly under haswell, wouldn't it be priced very nicely to eat into 2011 sales?

Tough to say until we get real benchmarks but probably, yeah.

If amd keeps prices low, intel wont sell shit (to normal consumers)

The shit wrecker brought us the glorious A64, and now Zen. Intel is finished GG no re

1070 owner spotted

LOL

>Why are they making multiple new threads instead of sticking to ONE THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE?

Well they were until the stream died and then there were people that just wanted to make bait threads

>you're poor because you get better performance than me despite paying less
Nvidicucks so far down the rabbit hole they sound like Apple fans.

>1070 owner
It's not even out yet.

Spotted the nvidiot.

Thanks for making it clear AMDrones are retards.

Are you daft?
Vega is competing at the high end, not Polaris

i have a 6 figure trust fund an im still pissed
(because i understand the value of money)

im positive that im richer than you

Oh sorry I should refer to you by your proper title, "Founder"

>there were people that just wanted to make bait threads
Effectively shilling. Glad that was cleared up.

they didn't even mention the 490 which is gonna kill the 1080ti

Actually did you know that AMD talked to NVIDIA and the RX 480 is actually a rebranded GTX 480.

Ancient poo is sacred in the loo

>a fool and his money are soon parted

I stand corrected

I seriously can't wait to see how the 8 core 16 thread Zen chips fare against the 2011 Haswell Refresh chips.

If it's anything more than 80% as good I don't think those will be costing over a fucking grand anymore.

this "poorfag" shit is laughable. even the most ridiculously cost inefficient X99 enthusiast build is nothing compared to a decent car or a down payment on a house.

Not for VR they aren't.
VR works BETTER with two GPUs and the right software to match.
And don't forget that AMD is pushing the dual GPU for VR thing so hard that there's NO WAY they could afford to fuck up and not provide crossfire support for ALL VR games.

Post YFW the real benchmarks come out and they're dog shit and you have to buy NVIDIA and the cycle continues all over again

>mfw you didn't fell for the gtx 10xx meme

Same. I'm impatient and tired of waiting, now that I know the 1070 isn't a huge waste compared to Polaris I'm pretty certain I'll get one now. I wanted AMD to succeed so bad, Nvidia needs competition. I guess the good news is that AMD is probably poised to retake some market share on the low end with this, and Zen will get them a lot of marketshare back in enterprise. They've stopped bleeding money, so if everything goes to plan they'll have more money to improve their next generation of products even more...

this. hopefully they'll be able to use this as an effective stepping stone, if not then things are going to start looking bleak

Out of the loop on exactly what's happening. What did AMD release, why is it better, and should I tell my friends to get it instead of a 10xx

Do your own research

>What did AMD release
No release. Only hype.

AMD picked up some new shills

he shills for everyone, don't you want an intel snowboard and beanie?

Linus is the type of person to upgrade his i7 every generation and upgrade from an xx80 to an xx80ti. He'll only hype the Polaris cards for being a good value, he'll never use them himself.

I figured it'd probably be better to get info like this from Sup Forums instead of shill hype videos, though I do get where you're coming from

Yeah value isn't something they're known for getting sponsored to make 30000 dollar PCs

These are facts and not nvidia lies anymore.

From the very moment the 1080 was announced, nvidia showed weakness.

Cashing out their stock hype.

They released a card that offers 95% of Nvidia's GTX 1070 cards at 50% the price.

Is Nvidia still getting developers to do physx-exclusive visual effects?

>Zen to be 90-95% of sky lake performance
>Intel going to release Kaby Lake same time frame
Zen might be a great budget cpu but it won't be competitive with intel's latest (except AMD thinks they'll get to charge big boy prices)

if they use the unreal engine

So, what evidence are you basing your opinion on?

It amuses me that AMDshitters are the same people who avoid windows 10

That's due to the 490's lack of existence

> imblying Intel has had a worthwhile core upgrade since Haswell if not Sandy Bridge

I know all those AVX and AES acceleration blocks made enterprise sluts wet, but general purpose integer IPC has been in a rut for quite a while now.

>Nvidia cuts prices by $50
>Suddenly Pajeets bankrupt again
Which will happen at the point in time where AMD actually starts selling the cards.

The 490 is going to be a fury rebrand you dumb shitter

AMD's 400 series is going to be one massive disappointment.
I say that AMD dying is a bad thing but that's not true. AMD is already dead. The bad thing has already happened.

>50% of the price
Nice math there, buddy; you also realize that the $200 model is only 4GB whereas 1070 is 8GB?

Also:
>NDA on Polaris press day until June 29th
>Good news
Pick one

>4GB whereas 1070 is 8GB?
It's ok, you don't need more than 3.5 GB, you should be grateful for even 4 :^)

Yeah, this ; NVDA has gross margins over 50%, AMD less than 25% and losing money every quarter

Poorfag here.

I'm soo fucking happy.

>199

Oh Yes.

>Nvidia has a full 2 months to jew consumers before cutting prices

Wow AMD thanks for lowering the price of premium Nvidia hardware for me :^3

>using the smiley with a carat nose

The NDA is for the conference that have a lot of shit other than Polaris.
Also, they already announced that Polaris will be available in that exact same date , 29th June.

The NDA might be for something else, or specifically for the conference, since usually the reviews will be up a week or so before the card is shipped.

:>3

>:^D

Gtx 970 owner here...
that ashes of singularity comparison looked too good to be true...
Can't really make a good decision until all the video cards are released/bench marked on different games

>Did AMD use nvidia's tactics to rig Ashes of Singularity?
>Will vulcan be available on the majority of games and work equally well with nvidia and amd?
>Will I be forced to update to windows 10?

Too much shit to consider atm senpai

:

>using the smiley with a greater than nose
>using the smiley with a less than nose

>majority of games
lol no, 99% of games aren't even considering DX 12 support let alone async compute.
>Will I be forced to update to Windows 10
Yes, Microsoft is pushing this shit hard, but then again they can't do jack shit because this console generation basically means you'll be stuck with DX 11 for at least 3-4 years.

>acknowledging nose types

I just wish game devs realize noone wants Windows 10 and use Vulkan instead

>The 490 is going to be a fury rebrand you dumb shitter
That doesn't even make sense
>AMD's 400 series is going to be one massive disappointment
Looks pretty good so far. When the benchmarks come out we'll see. But VR Spec at $200 is a good sign. I bet the 470x will meet the VR Spec as well.

>tfw dx12 is likely how Microsoft plans to prevent SteamOS/Linux gaming in general from ever becoming anything more than a small niche

DX 12 and Vulkan are memes for the next 3-4 years considering the main platform for gaming is the PS4 and that shit isn't going anywhere anytime soon and Devs are lazy as fuck and aren't going to throw away 4-5 years of work for memes to satisfy some AMD poorfags.

>buying current gen before both flagships are real world benchmarked
I don't understand how retards like this still exist

jus fuk mi shit up senpai

Very want.
Does amd still sell amd brand ram?
I want to go full MAD next build this winter.

If retards like that didn't exist, how wouldd they ever get real world benchmarked?

Just wait for Vulkan

Vulkan and DX12 can be ported to consoles since they use GCN GPUs

I think they even sell AMD SSD's now.

youtube shills who get free cards.
You new here?

>can be
Sony has already said they're not making porting a new API onto the PS4 ever. Even Mantle could have been implemented on the PS4 but they weren't interested then either.

The bench showed at the presentation claimed 2 RX 480 to be better than 1 GTX 1080 (and only with 51% utilization). Crossfire is tricky, but if that's true, the Crossfire setup competes with the 1080 and not with the 1070

Wait till it's released and we see benchmarks of it sucking hard, then brag about your consumer decisions like they matter to anybody but you.

>Unironically thinking the 1070 will be available for less than $450 in the next few months

Nvidia cards are like fairies. Every time an Nvidiot stops believing in Nvidia's lies, their cards lose 0.5 GB of VRAM.