Teacher can remotely see and control desktops in school

>teacher can remotely see and control desktops in school
>sees me playing some flash game
>closes it
>tfw look at running processes
>locate the software responsible for remote control
>delete the directory from program files
>she no longer can control pc
>gets mad and I am banned from the whole school network because they're tech incompetent

This was around 2003 and the computers were running Windows 98 so I assume it was difficult to protect local directories. Anyone else notice how retarded tech was at school? You could literally edit a file in the Windows directory and the next time the system boots, it would get stuck on a command line. On 98, you could also override the control panel settings block by finding a link to the control panel section in windows help.

Old windows was full of nifty exploits.
You could run explorer from the login screen.

I never tried that but I think there was a gif showcasing the exploit it.

>early 2000's
>"ms office" class in HS
>easy as shit trash
>lern 2 use excell access and word lol!
>finish everything in the class
>nignogs in class are stuggling with excel formulas cuz dat math shiz is hard
>come into class early
>check IPs of nignog computer seats
>use netsend to send them 2spooky4u messages
>nignogs are scared shitless and think their computer is haunted
>request to be transferred out of the class
>no one ever found out it was me
>mfw

>old windows
>implying new windows isn't the same way

Couldn't you do that in 7?

>tfw oldfag
>tfw when drafting teacher would catch you fucking around
>tfw you'd walk back to your computer and see some elaborately drawn "YOU HAVE SATURDAY SCHOOL" shit in CAD, all over your rendering of a house

When I was in middle school in the late 90's I deltree'd every single computer in the library.

I got in trouble, but nothing serious. I fucked around and never paid attention in school. They eventually took me out of my math class that I was having problems in and placed me into the library as a "tech aid" doing the work of someone that should've been making 40k a year.

This was my downfall, though. I never learned algebra, and failed every single math class I had after that, eventually dropping out.

I literally had to teach myself basic arithmetic as an adult with TTC lectures and Khan Academy

I used to put scripts on my science teachers laptop that would pop the cd drive in and out and threaten to delete the hard drive. Drove him crazy, and all he had to do was take it out of startup

Yes

lol I just remembered taking a screenshot of a network folder where teachers had a bunch of instructional material, and making it the background wallpaper for that folder, then hiding the icons so it appeared like they were clicking on their files when they were actually just clicking on the folder's custom background.

That caused a lot of problems and backed up a bunch of teacher's curriculum. I "figured out" the problem after a couple days when they were talking about bringing in outside IT help, and the librarian split a pizza with me for my good work.

>could
You can do this in 10.

sudo rm rf /

will destroy your entire system. I'm surprised they haven't implemented a foolproof approach to this yet.

>not opening netplwiz a login and adding local administrator accounts for your friends

My school lab computers kept accounts and passwords stored so I always went around getting facebooks of cute guys and save any pics of them shirtless. :)

Did this in CCNA class circa 2002 and the spazzy Russian kid did net send *, turns out the domain was for the entire school district, it was pretty funny when the school principal burst into the room and started screaming.

They have. It warns you and tells you to input an additional option to go ahead. Plus this wouldn't work for an end user unless you've given them root privileges.

>be in middle school
>school PCs running windows 2000
>"net user administrator "
>mfw the teachers put a big "out of order" sign on the computer for 6 months until someone reinstalled the OS

epic

told this story before but here goes

>win2k
>First day: Make a folder with your name
>we can't get to any other class's folder but there are no permissions set to ours
>trade notes with friends by dumping .txt files
>girl next to me asks how
>she tells all her friends
>someone deletes one of their notes because they were talking about boyz or some shit
>someone deletes their work from today as revenge
>escalates where are seeing the whole folder get deleted
>all the kids start to hear about this and see that there are no rules and no logs
>folders can't make it a couple days now as everyone is just deleting everyone's shit and if not, they leave the folder but change the person's name, like instead of Bob Smith it's Bob Fagface
>sometimes threatening notes are left in the folders if they aren't nuked
>kids are hateful and sometimes the hate notes are the only things that make it through a nuke
>last half of semester is projects that take 2-3 days minimum
>nobody can ever complete a project because our folders are getting nuked daily
>teacher doesn't even adjust schedule and just has us do nothing

>Be 2000s.
>winzip not installed by default on school PCs.
>keep installer in my network drive with zipped files to save space for powerpoints
>get kicked off the network for having an executable in my network
>not kicked off the network because of downloaded game mods in a sub directory
>just click cancel on login screens to gain pc access
>use floppies and rewritable cos to store things.
>continue installing winzip as needed.
>literally stopped me from doing nothing

I was banned another time because I was caught by the IT idiot playing Shockwave games. Pressing cancel still worked and never got caught playing games again.

>This was around 2003
no, it was never, but you probably weren't even born in 2003

There were no BIOS passwords on the computers at my high school, so anyone could get root access if they had a live linux usb.

>be a couple of years ago
>school only gives each student 500mb/month of data
>each person has a different user login but you log in to the internet through the browser afterwards
>friend runs out while doing assignment
>gets teacher to type in password
>saves it in chrome
>later shows password, gives it to a few people including myself
>log in to the school laptop using her login
>figure out i can remote shut down other computers using their ip
>later in IT class shut down the entire front row over and over
>visibly laughing but no proofs
>get off scot-free
>do it every now and then in various classes
>literal autist finds out people know the password and tells her
>fun ruined

Literally the exact same shit happened at my HS, but we all had to do paper exams for all the classes that had assignments

>english class
>everyone had to sit down and write essays
>no talking in class rule, even if you finished your assignment
>me and my friend chat via IRC during the whole class

yeah it would make sense that mine was virtually unprepared. Honestly the entire district is focusing on trying to make as many football stars as they can. Fine and whatever for the ones that make it, but 99% aren't going to, not even including the thousands of kids that aren't even into sports. My schools were basically luddite tier, probably a requirement to receive funding which was put towards sports. We had a lot of luddite rules like no technology outside the shit 6 year old PCs the school has, so this didn't help my IT career. This was middle school, too. High school was even worse, we only even offered one computer class and it was intro to typing.

> Be in highschool
> 2 computer rooms
> last row: all the nasty students
> damaged PCs (bubble gum in USB port)
> I can't stand this shit
> be friend oft schools IT Person
> disconnect PSU cable from MB in all last row PCs
> tfw the stupid kids don't habe access to anything, because nobody else let them use the computer

FUCKING AUTOCORTECT!
oft --> of
habe --> have

Sieg heil. Die Arbeiter Revolution ist unvermeidlich.

PYCCKNN