Not even a share video option

>not even a share video option

What the fuck Google?

Share what video?

Any video

Well Hangouts certainly does video chat, so I'm not sure what this is all about.

I think he means send videos, not video chat.

this seems like a good software.
I hate people who post videos all the time

So we're specifically talking about video files? Because you can send someone a URL through Hangouts too. I'm not trying to be intentionally obtuse, I just find his complaint so vague.

Um... "HE" is actually a HER.

Presumptive prick.

leave your gender at the door or fuck off
anonymous is he

They haven't written a way to transocde your video transfer into easily NSA-searchable text on the fly yet. Feature on hold.

Botnet

>i'm a girl btw teehee

FUCK OFF NOBODY CARES

I'm not the one you're arguing with, but just so you know.

YouTube.

Or Dropbox it.

Or Google Drive it.

Or Email it.

do you honestly think Sup Forums is mostly women?

like you just take that at face value without questioning the credibility of the data at all?

>like you just take that at face value without questioning the credibility of the data at all?
It comes from tracking (google captcha, *wink*wink*) for the users who are logged into their Google account and don't block tracking.

The data doesn't show that there are more women than men on 4. It shows that you have higher chances to meet a woman there, than on on average internet site. Check 4's page about ads. It shows that on 6 men there are 1 woman among visitors. And it is an average number for game resources, for example.

Nigger, what the fuck are you talking about?

don't most people use a secondary/throwaway google account with nonsense data? or at least some sort of incognito mode?

if it's based on the data it's gleaning from google profiles, that's only more definitive evidence that the conclusions are totally flawed, in my opinion.

>don't most people use a secondary/throwaway google account with nonsense data?
I doubt. Very few do that actually.

Also what this user said those statistics are relative to the average of all sites.

It doesn't come from logged-in users only. It comes from google adsense. Yes, partly they know it cause login-data, but mostly because google's cookies. They know what you search and what sites you visit. It helps them understand what she you are, your gender, etc. Even if several people use the same computer-browser

>I doubt. Very few do that actually.
Do either of us have any data on this or are we both just speculating based on our own experience using Sup Forums? my hunch is that you haven't spoken with anyone on Sup Forums about whether they use a separate profile, nor have i, and we're both largely being informed by our own practices (i use a sandboxed profile, and you probably don't).

She->age

It's safe to assume that Sup Forums's demographics don't differ too much from the average population, and the average Joe/Jina barely knows what private browsing is, let alone use it. There are many studies on how people browse the internet, and most see rather.. careless.

Yeah, this as well.

The people who shout a lot don't represent the mass. If you often see linux users, it doesn't mean there are a lot of linux users. They just the ones who are "louder" than other.

if you're talking about google's ads preferences manager, where it tells you what demographics it seems to have inferred about you based on your history, my sense was that it was notoriously unreliable. i remember it thinking i was much older than i actually am on this throwaway account, and about 10 years (so not MUCH, but still quite) older on my main account. and i think it thought i was a woman on one account and a man on another for a while.

when google realized that sherlock holmes was fictional and you can't deduce everything about people from completely random clues, they started pushing google+ as a vehicle to learn more about people from the people themselves, but that just made giving them misinformation that much easier. if google retardedly guesses you're 45-60 years old, that's still actually a little better than them asking and you erroneously telling them you're 65.

in any case, without some study validating or discrediting the demographics inferences, this entire discussion is speculative.

>it's safe to assume that Sup Forums's demographics don't differ too much from the average population
are you seriously this naive?

Demographics as in their skill with computers in order to figure how to block tracking. And yes I am sure, Sup Forums is a small part of Sup Forums, if that's what you mean.

>can send gifs via hangouts
>can't via hike

Why

assuming that there's some silent majority is not logically sound.

the only reasonably safe assumption, unless you have hard data to suggest otherwise, is that every group that has members has roughly the same proportion of loudmouths and the same proportion of lurkers. if the proportion of loudmouths is 0.1, then ~10% of every group is loudmouths. if we see 10 macfags and 15 linuxfags posting on Sup Forums, we have to assume that there are ~100 macfags and ~150 linuxfags. that's how sampling works. we can't just assume that one of those groups is disproportionately lurking unless we have data to justify that conclusion (and, as far as i know, that data's not made available to us).

You used to be able to embed webms and mp4 in Hangouts. They've removed that feature sometime in either 2014 or 2015 with no given explanation.

Sup Forums is a relatively niche community even today in 2016. it's socially disapproved of to be browsing it (compared to reddit, which has a lot of cultural cross-over), and based on the content on Sup Forums it's reasonably safe to assume that a lot of people on Sup Forums aren't socially well-adjusted. but the overwhelming majority of people in the world are reasonably well-adjusted.

you lose sight of how off center your community is if you spend all your time in it, but Sup Forums is not a normally distributed/random sample of the human population. it skews more tech savvy, for sure, for instance.

and i wasn't talking about Sup Forums. i'm talking about what you brought up - Sup Forums as a representative sample of the world (or even of the internet-enabled global population).

>hike
poo in loo detected

>it skews more tech savvy, for sure
On Sup Forums.

>Sup Forums as a representative sample of the world
As far as it can be. You could make the same argument about the whole internet otherwise.

Who uses this? Seriously...

>on Sup Forums
i'm willing to bet on Sup Forums as a whole. the long tail of computer savvy is a lot longer than you seem willing to give credit for. even reddit probably skews slightly tech savvy. more than a billion people are mostly on facebook and youtube every day. even reddit only gets a small fraction of that kind of traffic

a quick look around suggests reddit gets ~250M unique visitors/month, which seems huge, but facebook exceeds 1.5B in that timespan.

apparently (according to Sup Forums, anyway) Sup Forums gets ~28M unique visitors per month.

>[Sup Forums is as representative of the world] As far as it can be.
no, not really even remotely. that's the whole point i'm trying to make
>you could make the same argument about the whole internet otherwise
that's the magic of statistics. if your population is scoped to reddit+Sup Forums users, then you might be able to convince me that Sup Forums is roughly representative of reddit, but i would probably push back on that because reddit is 10x larger and has none of the social stigma that Sup Forums has. if we're talking about the internet as a whole, then Sup Forums quickly becomes less useful as a sample of the population.

and you're absolutely right that internet users are not a suitable sample of a world of mostly non-internet-using people. that's how demographics work. we couldn't sample all the men on earth and infer that the other half of the world's population is anatomically equivalent, even if (on paper) a sample of 50% of the population is pretty good. the whole point is getting a good random sample, and if the community you sample from is not randomly selected then you can't claim (or hope) to have selected a representative sample.

>Can't send documents and save them in G. Drive
Come on Google!