"4G Cell phone usage will be free soon in Russia",- said the head of the biggest Russian mobile provider

>"4G Cell phone usage will be free soon in Russia",- said the head of the biggest Russian mobile provider.

hi-tech.mail.ru/news/free-mobile/

>Russians will now get to shit up even more of the internet thanks to communism
JUST

Bravo Russia

>While the developed first world is still paying an arm just so they can log in to their faceshit profiles

The article basically says "is might happen in some point in future".

In Russian, the word soon does mean what you came to expect it to mean.

It's already $5 for uncapped, no throttling LTE and 100 minutes of calls(free for same provider calls).
>MTC
Fucking shoddy company, getting their money from spam and "accidental" subscriptions to paid services.

>$5 for uncapped, no throttling LTE
prove it

It's not just about 4G, it's about all cell phone services. They want to make everything free but with ads.
No idea how they want to enforce it, sms spam ads are already common and blockable. I'd rather keep paying than listen to audio ad whenever I want to call someone.

The screenshot doesn't mention throttling but I haven't experienced slowdowns even after 80GB of data. 340p is almost exactly $5.

What's your internet speed and is tethering blocked?
I'm on beeline family plan now so it's cheap enough overall but 4g coverage is shit, indoors it's pretty much 3g speed.

great, now where will be even more russian propoganda on the internet

Depends on when and where you are. Early in the morning I get 2-4 MB/s. Tethering is blocked but that's bypassable(that's how I got those 80GB of data).

Yeah, it's practically free already.

I get about the same speeds.

Different room. You got the idea.

People in russia are starving and dying, but 4g wil be free, good fucking job neo-commies.

>Russia is more free then land of the free
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP!

I pay for 10 euros a month for 5 GB in Europe.

How exactly can they block tethering? Shipping your phone with a custom ROM that blocks it?

>People in russia are starving and dying
and they will be even more, after taxes are raised to pay for free LTE for everyone

/thread
sage propaganda threads
do not reply to propaganda threads

Moscow and St Petersburg is doing great. I bet Moscow could survive fine as it's own city-state.

free communism for everyone

>starving
Now hold on a sec, a lot of us may be poor, but definitely not starving.
Food has indeed gotten more expensive here over the years, but if it was dirt-cheap before, now it's just moderately priced.

People in Russia you mention are fucked up retards who don't want to work and/or addicts.
I'm a cs fucking dropout and I got a code monkey job in less than a month of search. Still looking for something better (actually want to be a sysadmin), but it pays enough and always in time, and it doesn't involve cleaning toilets at least.

Good thing the US is too busy fartin' around with sandniggers in the desert and keeping their literally retarded political system going to even get coverage across >60% of it's landmass.

If they see packets coming with different TTLs they assume you're tethering. Also certain IPs trigger that, like Windows update servers, steam, most MMOs.

Run everything through a VPN on the host/phone?

Just lower the phone's default TTL by one, or increase the PC's. For those IPs you have to use vpn, free ones work fine.

>2-4 MB/s
>screen shows 650KB/s tops

Please don't consider the us developed world.

I pay 10 euros a month uncapped 2 mbps. Doesn't mean jackshit when you don't state country

yes and already we had test where I live and we used 4G for free for months

Fuck this shit!
3g Cell phone usage in Ukraine is still very expensive.

Unlimited 4G (including 1200 SMS and 1200 free minutes to any phone, landline or mobile, including close countries)
21€ a month
Estonia

Well, just drive down to your former southern territory. :^)

>free 4G
On Tele2, I only have to pay a dollar and a half (100 rubles) for 2GB of 3G service, while I pay only 4 and a half dollars (300 rubles) for home Internet.
Anyone in the US or a developed country have these cheap as fuck prices?

In Estonia I'm getting 5 MB/s for 23eu/mo, and I pay like 6eu for unlimited mobile internet at a decent enough speed (don't even know what)

How did it perform?
Was it fast enough to stream videos at decent resolution with no lag?

Almost forgot to add, the speed of my home ISP (advertised, might be bullshit) is 50Mbps.
Are the Russians such jews that they deserve cheap ass, and soon free internet?

what fucking provider? I get 3GB 20mbit 4G for 5€/month with Tele2

29 UAH/month aka 1.15 USD for 3 GB, i'm fine with it.

>what is reading comprehension

EMT, Long time client,they let me pick what I would want and then made me a package from it.

more like Telia ;^)

That's literally not impressive at all.
Estonia has one of the worst mobile data plans in EU unless you manage to get a custom plan like my mum did. 15GB of 4G data for 5 euros.

>unlimited
Like literary the quota is in hundreds on GB's.
I was in the hospital I used to download 40GB a day, several days like that, didn't hit the limit.

>Telia
yes because retards sold all the shares of Eesti Telekom ;^)
>Estonia in a nutshell

unlimited is impressive these days for mobile

Where the hell are you living? I pay 6 euros for 15GB of 4G internet, with unlimited everything else.