use displayport

> use displayport
> have weird yellow tint in gray colours
> have to go back to using DVI

what gives??

Kill yourself

thx for bump

also, mainly concerned because the new AMD has no DVI port. if this yellow tint stays, there is no possible way for me to buy this card.

Then use the hdmi port stupid

Perhaps you have a software colour profile set up, I'm using DP and DVI and the colours are identical...

Search "Colour Management" in Windows to check if your monitor is using a custom colour profile, it's almost certainly software driven and not a problem with DP.

probably shit cable or maybe connector oxidised.

>AMD has no DVI port
>what are reference cards

seriously kill yourself already.

the yellow tint is from the superior gold plated connectors, user

Not him but I'd immediately blame the monitor. OP have you tried a DP to DVI converter? What kind of monitor is it? Is it time to upgrade perhaps?

I just wish the actual connector would be slimmer, and the cable was thinner/ had more give to it.

>implying Sup Forums has computers

it's not yellow, it's GOLD

doubt its software since the monitor (dell 2412m) gets recignised in color management..

could it be cable or gpu issue (my gpu is really old hd5770, and the cable looks old too)

nvm, i just noticed you can buy dp to dvi connectors

no, but will probably buy some to test it out... but its most likely gpu issue, dont know how durable those cables are either

>but its most likely gpu issue, dont know how durable those cables are either
Doubtful as the interface used doesn't change how the picture is rendered. It's probably not the cable either as that's a digital signal, it either gets there or it doesn't. If your GPU is that old then maybe you should consider upgrading? How old is your monitor?

It's colourspace issues. Should be fixable. What's your OS?

>filename
kek

ATM I'm using vista with all the sp's installed 32bit

Kill yourself

>GPU is that old then maybe you should consider upgrading?
well, right now its a bad timing, isnt it?? the fucking GPU will have to do for another 2 months until the 480 comes out.

also, was mostly testing the dp ports because 480 doesnt have dvi, but even if the dp port on my monitor is broken, I could still use pic related

>vista lol
no, I'm actually dualbooting 10.11 and Windows 10. first thought it was hackintosh issue and wasted 2 h on insanelymac solutions until i booted to windows to copy the EDID profile and noticed its yellowish there too.

so, definately not an OS issue