A friend of mine bought a GTX 960 today, even though Polaris and Pascal are going on

A friend of mine bought a GTX 960 today, even though Polaris and Pascal are going on.

What does Sup Forums think of this?

your friend is not very bright

Tell him you're acuck. And post reaction here on Sup Forums

>friend

It's anonymous board, you don't have to lie in here :)

I am keeping my 950 until Volta or whatever comes after

it works great so unless I suddenly run into bottlenecks I can keep it for like 1-3 years at least

I had an 8800 GTS until recently too

>he didn't wait for the 1060

Tell him to get a refund immediately.

>the same money for a card literally half as powerful as the RX 480

JUST

Winrar, already told him, but he said he has a reason.

I wonder what the reason is..

Ask him

Is there much benefit to an upgrade from a GTX570 to anything under $200?

he doesn't respond

Defenetely

GTX 1060 would be faster and more power efficient

A 570 is around the same raw performance as a 750 Ti, so anything above that is an upgrade. Seriously though, wait for the RX 480. It outclasses anything else in its price bracket by an absurd margin.

R

When can we expect the 1060 ? I am waiting to build my desktop and was planning to get a 970

Get the RX480

I bet he has razer gear too

you all mean the 1070?

pooicide

No, they mean the theoretical 1060, which will almost certainly be gimped down to 970 performance or below. The 960 didn't even match a 770 after all. If that's the case again, the RX 480 will destroy it.

Kill him and absorb hours power.

Nvidia shills are super btfo, we all know x60 cards by Nvidia have always been shit tier, if those cards were a decent bang for buck, no one would buy the x70 series card like a good little goy.

Had to buy a gpu since my old one died along with my pc. It was either that or nothing...

I call fake on that post

Update OP
did he respond?

960 makes sense if you need to use GPU on Linux or want to use CUDA, and you don't want to spring for 1070 right now since 1060 probably won't arrive until this time next year.

Otherwise, it's retarded to buy 960 now.

literally use intel integrated graphics until the 1070 comes out in a fUCKING WEEK

He's a tech-illiterate retard. At the very least he could've bought a glorious R9 380, not this gimped piece of trash.

"I've already installed it and I'm a lazy fuck that will settle for less."

Was two months ago 2bh

it takes 2 minutes to uninstall it.

"Yeah but printing out a shipping label and putting it back in the box and driving down to my UPS pickup spot is such a hassle." Is what that person with the brand new 960 would think to themselves but not actually say.

>not calling UPS and telling them to bring a label and pick up the delivery

Just tell him to register it so he can "step up" when the 1060 comes out. If his old one died and he has no other option this is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

He's ignoring me

OP here, someone who's posting quotes here is faking. Or is my "friend" himself

see