The last and best glossy monitor

>the last and best glossy monitor

Why do companies stopped producing glossy monitors with more than 1080p resolution? They have a lot better colors than shitty matte displays.

>inb4 sun light

maybe you shouldn't position your monitors facing towards the sun? Even IPS screens look shit when a direct light hits on them.

> >inb4 sun light
FUCK THIS!
If there's a person with a bright colored t-shirt standing behind you, in a brightly lit office (lamps NOT facong towards screens), then you'll see the person on your screen.
The color of their shirt snd the colors on your screen will mix, thus resulting in an utter garbage image!
Glossy monitors are for idiots who believe in the eeeewww better colors meme!

How would you "enjoy" better colors if you see reflections of everything behind you in your screen, it's not a freaking mirror

Glossy monitors are fine when you're inside and the light isn't too bright. Don't be autistic.

But I guess most people (rightly) prefer matte displays, so maybe producing glossy ones isn't that profitable anymore.

I have removed the matte film on two of my 3 screens.

Gonna do it on my third soon because that's the IPS screen.

Too bad you throw the warranty away with it.

This, why phones don't have matte screens as well is beyond me.

>Don't be autistic
What's "autistic" about wanting to be able to read a word that is displayed on my screen?

The perfect conditions for a matte display can be found in any good office today. (Well you can see some reflections, but the are blurred heavily, because the screen is matte --> hardly any drawbacks)
However the best reading conditions for a glossy display would be:
- completely dark room (no light sources)
- everything covered in non-reflecting substance (black cloth), including the entire body of the viewer
- eyes of viewer would need to be non-reflecting, as the light from the monitor could bounce back from the eyes and then they are visible on the screen again.

Doesn't look good for glossy displays.

chinks make 4k glossy displays

I've never seen any phone with a matte screen, except for some 90's pda (which didn't even have a gsm modem, instead it had a serial port).

Never got the whole matte screen craze. I know it's cool to be against stuff that's popular, but in by far most settings glossy screens just look much better than matte ones. In particular when it's somewhat bright in your room, the contrast is complete and utter shit on matte displays. I hate the look of that. With glossy screens you can just turn your screen a bit so that you don't see any reflexions. This is absurdly exaggerated. It may be a problem if you have just one eye or something, but I hardly notice reflections unless I specifically focus on them.

Right? Matte screen smart phones when?

>I know it's cool to be against stuff that's popular
We're not against popular tech, we're only for the use of objectively better devices!
Matte is obectively better thsn glossy!
Glossy is objectively better than matte!

Oh, I meant to write SUBJECTIVELY!
That's becsuse (you) use (your) screen, and (you) use what (you) like best. Just take whst fits (you) best.

I like those (you)s

But that's going to be a phone with a resisitve touchscreen, not a capacitive one.

Blyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

>S2340L
I have this one. Its great. I only have 1 issue. Huge fucking ghosting. Mostly noticed in some scenes in anime. I got used to it though.

Once you go glossy you never go back to matte screens. Its disgusting. Its like youre looking through sand baka.

Once you go matte you never go back to glossy or else pic related

I am sure the could figure out a way to make capacitive matte touch screens, just have to create a demand for them.

What do you mean?

Reflections

Seeing the reflection of my own face (lit by the screen) on the screen is too much for me ... I'm going

Csptcha: chemin, sortie (french = way, exit)

I sit in a dark room so i dont have any. Also anime looks much better on glossy.

every matte screen I have seen has some kind of grain that I still see from distance, it's especially clear on white and other bright colors, got S2240L, yes there are reflections but no grain at all, its beautiful, I don't get it how people like matte screens more just because there are no reflections, maybe most of people just don't see grain

fuck glossy screens

>glossy monitors

Enjoy looking in the mirror all the time

Matte screens are shit. They don't eliminate reflections, just make them blurrier. They reduce image quality. If you don't want glare, do it right and make an anti-reflective screen/coating.

How retarded can you be? There have been matte screen protectors for years. Literally a $2 solution to your problem. Don't hold your breath on decent phones having matte displays.

There are even matte "privacy" protectors

you can see the screen from one very small angle (looking directly on the screen in a 90° angle)

I hate screen protectors, always end up peeling. I want a permanent solution. Not a band aid solution.

Because nobody does full matte screens anymore, they're all semi-glossy you faggot. The AG coating is extremely light on any modern monitors.

It's an excellent compromise between the shit glossy monitors and the "crystalized" effect of matte monitors that have too aggressive of an AG coating, like my old U2211H.

>compromise

We will not accept a compromise!
Either a REAL glossy screen or a REAL matte screen!!!

matte is for daytime normalfags
glossy for TRUneets!

NOOO

It's the other way round!

>What's "autistic" about wanting to be able to read a word that is displayed on my screen?
Everything your wrote below that line.

see

I finally got a 1920x1080 monitor after 9 years of using a 1440x900 monitor.

I've been missing out.