What the fuck is going on?

What the fuck is going on?

I just wanted to do a quick update, with the typical "installing updates... x%" but no, this piece of shit has to install updates by COPYING my files first and then doing other nonsense? what the fuck? Should I expect a bunch more nonsense that'll make me want to throw my desktop out the window?

what can they be updating that makes it need to go through this procedure?

win 10 was already installed
this is an update

Welcome to New Windows.

That's just how things are now. Microsoft just decides to make changes to your PC without consulting you now. And since they already know you wont switch to a different OS regardless of how much they abuse you, Microsoft will keep pulling that shit.

Dumb goyim your files belong to MS. You accepted the EULA!

These updates happen once in 6 months or so
Expect a fuck ton of new """"""""features""""""""
Its backing up the windows direcory, the registry and some other things
Personal data is confirmed safe

but an update hasn't done this before....
rip, next stop cent i pad

>Personal data is confirmed safe
good goy

yes your personal data is safe and secure on microsoft's servers

GUESS WHO GOT C U C K E D AGAIN

>but an update hasn't done this before....
You must have forgotten "YOUR FILES ARE EXACTLY WHERE YOU LEFT THEM"

You have either selected one of these:
- Update to developer builds
- Update to another Windows edition
- Restore initial state of Windows installation a.k.a. reinstall
If you don't know what you have done, then you are too retarded to use the Internet and Sup Forums in particular. Get

You don't even realize how much personal data is in registry.

Don't worry. Your OS is getting reinstalled for you instead of you having to do it yourself. That's why it's copying your files first.

The updates consist of a few changes to the user interface and a new theme. You might notice the new theme immediately after the update.

Just wait a little bit more and enjoy the "update".

>Quick Update
You should know by now that such a phrase doesn't exist within the microsoft vocabulary. You should never restart and allow an update without being prepared to let it sit for awhile.

You're most likely updating to 1511, which required a full system "update".
the next build that includes the WSL will likely require a similar update.

Windows 7 SP1 master race reporting.

Better get used to it. You became microsoft's bitch the moment you clicked the 'upgrade' button.

Yes, to make sure it doesn't wipe out any files you have stored while it completely installs a new OS over the old one, it does copy your files from one partition to another and then back again.

Also, you and everyone else who comes on here every fucking day being shocked and surprised by this should seriously just fucking kill themselves by now. These threads are ridiculous. Educate yourself or fuck off.

none of those, thanks for your assumptions xDD

I'll check when it finally finishes....

>xDD
Oh boy what have you done.

Install gentoo

I got that too OP I was like waddafak but it loaded just fine after it was done. Fucker uninstalled speccy on its own though

????
whats the problem xD

They backported their telemetry shit to Windows 7, so you're their bitch if you use any modern version of Windows.