THE FUTURE!!!!!

Anyone else feel like they're gonna die before any really cool tech comes out, like next level tech such as holographic phones/smartwatches or full dive tech?

Seems like the rate that were going at im gonna die before i can meet my waifu in full dive vr.

Ive seen multiple people saying that by 2045 well be able to upload our consciousness into pcs and have shit like the matrix but i feel like it'll be dismissed or something and well be stuck with shitty 6hr battery life smartphones

on the other hand though in one persons lifetime we went from having no tech to having smartwatches and stuff so i think its possible to have some cool shit in 50 years but i really hope some war doesn't happen that fucks it up

>but i really hope some war doesn't happen that fucks it up
All current inventions in tech and medicine were made thanks to WW2.

Made for WW3

yeah but if it turns into world war 3 they'll probably be nukes used and then most of the world is fucked and we're all scavenging for cans or growing potatoes to survive if it gets out of hand

Bitch, you have augmented reality glasses, bionic arms, self-driving cars and 3d printers creating unique forgeries of Rembrandt.

yeah but that shits only for super rich people, AR glasses are kind shitty cause battery life and performance power and bionic arms are fucking expensive, thats why you still see most people with a hook hand or a stump or a plastic hand that can just grip in one action by straightening out the arm

dunno what glasses your on about, closest thing is hololens and thats a full fucking headset

Cool. You can video chat with your parole officer.

>full dive
>2045
Try 2090.

that watch functioning as pictured isn't feasable, some sort of screen to project the image onto is necessary. oh I suppose they could use a vapor screen but that'd be shit for outside use. need something more like this

exactly, all the cool shit isnt even possible, makes life less worth living

THIS! Now shutup

Stop being so ungrateful. We've got smartphones already, which are a pretty big advancement. If you had holographic stuff, you'd find something new that you want and doesn't exist yet.

remember seeing about samsung making pull out tablets, it was a stick and then youd pull it out or press a button and it would shoot out, i think thats possible with oled or poled but i dunno about making it touch tho

nah man, it just means you can have a hand in creating it if you so wish, or if your bent goes the other way you can always fight the future

Yes, and how much did phones and computers used to cost?
Things undergo commoditization and prices usually drop.

>by 2045 well(sic) be able to upload our consciousness into pcs(sic)

no sane person would suggest that bullshit. not in less than around a millennium. and cloning your brain into a robot won't make much sense, anyway.

>field of view is terrible
>looks like a rectangle in the middle of the glasses
>kills the immersion
>not released
>expensive

id rather use a rift or vive that had a desktop program

When are we discovering a way to revert cell ageing?

I'm pretty sure that I'll die before I can transfer my body into a qt loli robot/cyborg/whatever
so I might as well an hero

i get that but you know those small bags of peanuts that you get at pubs, that's what i make
fucking peanuts

Unfortunatelly, there's gonna be only gtk robots.

with your luck they'd announce it as an option just as you kicked the stool out from under yourself so you'd die regretting dying so soon

full dive and other future tech is the only thing that keeps me living

>tfw full dive tech is outlawed because it's even more addictive than heroin or opium
I can totally see Sup Forums going full dive and never coming up, just letting their physical body waste away

>tfw you transfer your consiusness into a computer but pacman broke the x server

No because like smartphones the new tech will be abused and missused alll of its potential down the drain so to speak

incredibly short-sighted view of things.
the rift went from a 720p screen with no positional tracking, no low persistence to what it is today in the span of 4 years.

ar display tech is a significantly harder problem, but one that has plenty of money being poured into it at the moment.

ar is coming and will eclipse vr very quickly.

Fucking hell, you just don't get it. All you fucking "muh feild of view" fags need to stop and realise that THIS is the fucking future.

I never thought I'd see these leaps and bounds in AR technology in my lifetime. The reality of having light glasses that just work are closer than I had ever imagined.

I can't fucking wait.

>ar display tech is a significantly harder problem

Don't worry, marketing depts of major companies will make sure it happens sooner, rather than later.

>field of view is terrible
>not released

Gee i wonder if these two might be related

>on death bed
>see news about first contact with aliens
>realize I won't live long enough to see humanity be uplifted by our galactic big brothers

>he thinks an alein will do anything other than try to wipe us the fuck out

Normies will kill AR and VR

>so your saying I like need to wear glasses to instagram my food?

Despite what doomsayers say, a nuclear holocaust would only destroy about 5% of the world, and while casualties would be high, most information and skills would remain intact.

It would take about 10 years to rebuild to a comfortable level again, but there would be MASSIVE leaps in technology during that time as hardship would force innovation.

If a war does happen, just survive it and ride the wave of new technology into the future.

what you're not taking into account is that basic infrastructure would be destroyed and very few folks have comprehensive knowledge of the basics that everything else builds on,

Not to mention the fallout

No, you need glasses to tell you if what you're about to eat is worth the calories you'll gain from it. But don't worry, the plates all come with QR codes on them, so that when you take a picture of it, it'll waterstamp the image for you.

Because, you know, that food is their IP after all.

the dangers of nuclear radiation/fallout are grossly exaggerated, if it were really as bad as the doomsayers say, then japan would be an unlivable radioactive wasteland of an island

Every day that passes I think more and more that Kazcinsky was right. Technology past a certain threshold makes the human deeply unhappy.

So burn your house smash you computer burn all your clothes move out into the woods and go fuck yourself you fucking hipster piece of shit dont even THINK that that might be true faggot

i wish i was death, everyday.

>hurr hurr kill yourself

You sound like an addict getting mad at the prospect of losing his drugs.

I don't want to live in a cave and eat dirt.

too bad bruh, we must at all costs keep pushing technology forward, for our inevitable meeting with alien civilization. if history has taught us anything it's that when a group of people with a clear and defined tech advantage over another group of people come together, the group at a lower tech level suffers horribly at the hands of the better equipped, and it would be pure foolishness to rely on our alien overlords to be benevolent and noble of spirit

Don't talk bad about technogy then faggot you trying to take my games away? Why? Do you hate me?