How do yall build a pc on a reasonable budget?

How do yall build a pc on a reasonable budget?

By having realistic expectations.

Besides what is a reasonable budget ?
And you can always change some parts in the future for better things when you get the money.

1. You understand that you aren't joining the 4K 120FPS PC Maaterace club.

2. Set a budget that isn't going to bankrupt you.

3. Buy used and buy sweet spot components.

You skimp out on the case, CPU cooler, HDD, and fans/accessories.

Prioritize SSD, GPU, AND CPU in that order. No your build won't catch fire from a $30 power supply. Cheap out on motherboard too. Don't need 2400 ram anyway

Depends in use tho

i did 2/3. gaming on a 4790k and a 750 ti.

It should be GPU/CPU then SSD

dont buy amd parts, they always end up costing more in the long run due to them burning your house down

>4k
> 60+ fps

Pick one.

Use an AMD APU for the build. That's it. This allows you to play vydia on medium-high 720p settings until you get enough money to buy a dedicated graphics card. You have to buy 2 sticks of at least 1866 Mhz RAM though.

The builds end up being pretty dam cheap. An A8-7600 APU build can be done for as little as ~$250

That sounds pretty good
what kind of core would be good though
right now my laptop is like a i5

also can i get a cheapish monitor?

>GTX 1080

Core? Anyway the A8 APU has desktop i3 multi-core performance which is why I recommend it. Unless you're planing to encode 4K HEVC video than an i3/A8 is all you need.

i meant, my cpu is a intel core i5
sorry i'm new to all this

>budget
>GTX 1080

These two are not compatible.

>prioritize SSD first
>your build won't catch fire from a cheapshit PSU

kek

can't forget this legendary classic

>How do yall build a pc on a reasonable budget?

1. Buy shit online
2. assemble shit
3. use shit

Other than that, target 1080p and Medium to high settings.

GPU >>>>>>> CPU for gaymen.

Cheap out on the case. No reason anyone should spend more than $70 on a case.

I was specifically refuting that one has to only choose between 4K and 60+ fps

The GTX 1080 is will do 60+ fps and 4K.

Although this thread is about a budget build, that specific post never mentioned anything a budget.

Not even this
I finally got a second 980ti sli with the recent price drops, that's what it take to make 4k ultra settings good.
For wither everything ultra and no AA, had to drop gimpworks though. With hairworks 60 fps and drops to 50 depending on what going on.
All ultra no hairworks or AA, 60 smooth no drops
It's beautiful

That's retarded unbalanced

Witcher*
Damn phone

That is a "legendary classic"? I have no way to prove this of course but i made that years ago, thanks user

EVERYONE BUY 1070 JUNE 10

just wait

What's Your Budget, OP?
You can easily build a PC which runs 1080p 60fps+ Under $900

Also you might want to wait for the new GPU architecture to come out. They promise cheaper more powerful cards. If you dont know what that means, google GTX 1080 and RX 480

did you see AMD's responce? Im a nVidia fan but check out RX480. It promises to be even cheaper and more powerful

Building a PC is the one thing where I don't have a reasonable budget, I'll gladly spend $2500 on parts and skimp out on other parts of my life.

Around $350
I'm going to try and build this during the year
so it'll be a slow process

also how much should i spend on a cooler?

its way to funny all the people i know had just upgraded there gpu right before the 1080 came out and payed 3-400 for there 970 from a big box store im sitting here with a 660 and waiting for them to get around 200 before i buy shit

You are pricing yourself in the AMD APU range. While there is nothing wrong with this, you do not have money for PCIE GPU.

Is there something wrong with AMD and APU?

Buy a decent mobo, with a cheap cpu.

This allows you a nice upgrade option later down the line.

HDD over SSD

I guess it depends on the APU. You might really want to listen to the memes and wait for AMD Zen based APUs.

Gonna buy a second fury X in 2017 senpai because the price drops will make me cum, no way a 1080ti will cuck my Fury X cf senpai

>GTX 1080
i would go with an 8320 + r9 380x

Strict guidelines for me:
CPU under 250€
GPU under 200€
MB under 150€
PSU under 100€
Case under 100€

don't buy quiet computer parts that cost an insane amounts of money.

Instead, buy cheap but from respectable brands and then put your computer in another room!

Don't buy Noctua fans, they are overpriced. Don't buy "quiet edition" power supplies. Just put your computer in another room and make a hole through your wall for the incoming cables!

Not only will you get a more cost effective computer, you will also get a completely silent battlestation, because the computer is not in the same room as you are!

This is basically what you're looking at right now. You can buy a slightly more expensive APU, but it means you would have to buy bottom of the barrel PSU and case. My advice would be to just wait for Zen based APUs to buy.

Here's what I have
Fractal core micro case
Gtx 960 Asus strix
Pentium g4400
MSI micro mobo
Muschkin eco 60gb sad
Hgst 7200rpm 500gb laptop drive
Evga 500watt bronze PSU.
2133 ddr4 muschkin ram no meme heatsink
Arctic non meme cooler
Fractal fans

Bought everything under priced came out to 450$ with cables. And I can play everything at ultra above 50fps. Yes even GTA v.

You have the GPU and CPU budgets backwards

>i3
>GTX 950

Simple
>spend money
>stop at a price you are willing to afford

If you wanted a real answer maybe ask fucking google you retard

Have you tried playing more cpu-intensive games like Civ or TW:Warhammer?
I am seriously looking into cheaping out on my cpu and just buy an i3 6100 or the skylake pentiums but I can't find any benchmarks on those particular games since those types of games are the only ones I play

>CPU more expensive than GPU
If you want to game on this machine you fucked up big time, m8.

How about
>CPU under 200€, used
>GPU 350€+ (maybe under 300 used)

CPU is good for everything, not just gaming. A good CPU makes for a responsive PC.
Buying a high end GPU is utterly useless, a mid tier card can run anything on 1080p 60 fps for at least 3 years, and then you can just buy another 200€ GPU and be set for another 3 years.

GPUs are a lot easier to upgrade than CPUs.

I'll be building a new rig at the beginning of July... Can I get an unbiased reason why I shouldn't get an AMD processor if I'm planning on getting the new RX 480 GPU? My friend uses an FX-8350 and he hasn't had a single issue.

Is this your first summer here?

Dude, you really should get a little bit more in to technology, try to read some pcworld.com

Follow PCPARTPICKER.COM ANY BUILD above 400$ can play any single game on 720p

>implying I didn't buy an I7 2600k used for 180€ that runs at 4Ghz, stable.
Pls dont tell me you need anything newer than Ivy bridge for your "responsive" PC.

Also what makes a PC responsive is not really the CPU. Anything above 100€ will do just fine for everyday tasks, as long as you have an SSD.

Lowest budget that you can get. Still ain't bad.

Your shows.

It is genuinely dumb to build an AMD rig right now and not wait for Zen.

So, 3 years from now, when you think about upgrading, that i7 2600k is getting REALLY old and replacing it means replacing the MB (and RAM in most cases), while in my scenario I would only need to change the GPU.

I agree with the SSD argument, I didn't bother mentioning storage at all cause there are so many options atm, while having your OS on a SSD is a must.

>3 years from now
Jokes on you, one of my machines is still running a Q6600 and its capable of running literally every current software with the right GPU installed.
Another one of my machines (my "slut", built from refurbished and spare parts) is running an i5 750 with an old GTX260 and its as "responsive" and fast as my main PC after installing an SSD.

Wanna hit me with another rubbish argument or are you done?

Oh, also that 2600k was not for me, Im running a 3770k @4.5Ghz and dont even start mentioning that I'll have to replace it in 5 years or so for a CPU that gives me maybe 20% performance benefits.
People on this board tend to forget about how valuable stuff is once the "new 5% faster super fast gaymur CPU"-generation hits the market.

Whoa calm down son.
Subjective opinions, this ain't a race you can win.

Sorry. When I see people not able to read benchmarks and therefor posting misleading information I tend to get a bit salty.

70$? You can just scavenge any case at your local dumpster for free. You can spend 10$ for basic modding stuff to make it look better

bought the 4790k for 240. 750 ti was a filler card until the 1070 drops.

Well I gave my Q6600 desktop to my sister and it runs well enough but it has become a bottleneck since Sandy Bridge, no matter what GPU/SSD you pair with it.

>bottleneck
Indeed, though this does not mean that it cant run even current games with a decent GPU, and thats what I stated.
I tested it not too long ago with a GTX770, actually. Both Fallout4 and Alien Isolation ran just fine on medium / high.
Witcher 3 had a few problems but I think the GPU drivers are at fault (kept crashing a few times)