Computer Pro Tips General /CPTG/

don't buy quiet computer parts that cost an insane amounts of money.

Instead, buy cheap but from respectable brands and then put your computer in another room!

Don't buy Noctua fans, they are overpriced. Don't buy "quiet edition" power supplies. Just put your computer in another room and make a hole through your wall for the incoming cables!

Not only will you get a more cost effective computer, you will also get a completely silent battlestation, because the computer is not in the same room as you are!

Bumpedy bump bump

don't buy a case/mouse/keyboard/any peripheral with lots of lights if you plan on putting the computer in the same room you sleep.

Learn programming

What a shit thread

literally kill yourself, sage

Is OP serious? Who the fuck has an empty room just to use for computer storage? If I'm that rich, I might as well just buy expensive fans and have my PC next to me.

Also, what happens if you need to troubleshoot something? You have to get up and go to a different room to turn your PC on/off or play around with HDDs, pc cards, etc?

>Options
>sage

Don't use ptg on your title, it collides with /ptg/ general retard

/thread

Use keyboard shortcuts, applies to anyone and everyone. Will save you tons of time on the PC.

1) install gentoo

Thanks! That's what I'm talking about. More like that, please.
Some tips that I use:
If you're writing SQL code (which is in all upper case) and you're tired of holding the shift key, try pressing the "caps lock" key once, and everything you type will be upper case.

>put your pc in another room to avoid fan noise
But what if my pc starts fucking up and makes wierd noises, signaling I should shut it down.

Don't switch off your PC during update.

Periodically shaking your CPU rattles the semiconductor latices, improving electron mobility and consequently performance.

Don't forget to clean your RAM contacts periodically to improve data bandwidth.

OP what are you fucking retarded

why did you think this thread was a good idea

holy shit kys

Moron - the best way to improve electron mobility is by tapping the cpu with a brass hammer. If the cpu has pins you can either leave it in the socket or secure it with a vice, but make sure the vice is very tight or it will slip free and bend the pins. Heavy taps should be used because electrons are small and will cling to the carbon nanotubes better than their heavier cousin the proton.

Shaking is simpler, but your method is very good if you can do it right my chiropractor does it for some money on the side.

If you want to save some money, you can skimp on RAM and get a really large HDD. You can then set up the computer to use a portion of the HDD has extended "virtual" RAM!

I do it all the time, I currently run a windows vista box with only 512MB of RAM thanks to this technique.

It is good idea to start with mining and herbalism first.

1. Use addons for security, privacy, browsing experience, etc.
2. Learn keyboard shortcuts and touch typing.
3. Don't save your password on a plaintext on your computer, create and remember one good main password and let a password manager like KeePassX that has autocomplete generate the rest.
3. Buy a router compatible with OpenWrt and install OpenWrt.
4. Have Live CD with GNU/Linux even if you don't plan to use it as your main OS, it comes handy when you need fixing your computer.
5. Actually try out GNU/Linux and ascend to a world were you can improve beyond a few tips.

Just remember to shake it upside down if you live in Australia otherwise all the electrons could fall out.

Retard, i dont give a shit -where- my computer makes noise, i want a quiet computer.

RAM MANUFACTURERS HATE HIM

I do this as well. It helps if you buy fast hard drives with lots of speedy DDR cache.