Who here /4kmasterrace/?

who here /4kmasterrace/?
just joined today. Samsung has a fucking great deal on amazon

I'm considering pulling the grigger on one once the rx480 comes out so my shit tier r9 280x doesn't gimp the experience.

Sadly no, unless this deal is some good shit, link to Amazon?

4K is such a meme that it isn't even proper 4K, wasted money.

>Samsung
>just joined today.

stfu

>3840
>4k

>Samsung UE590 UHD-QHD Monitor U24E590D
sorry senpai but the deal I got is over; it was $329 when I bought it two days ago

it's still cheap but not as good a deal as I got
>le it's not 4k unless its 4096x2160 lelelel
meme harder
>100% sRGB color coverage
>Freesync
>UHD PLS panel
>$329
I think I made out alright

>The definition of 4k adheres to what I feel like because I'm too poor for a legitimate 4k display

oh man, thats 24 inch?? isnt it too small for 4k? can you even see the pixels when close up?

>The definition of 4k adheres to what I feel like because I'm too poor for a legitimate 4k display
yes. 3840x2160 is 4k whether you like it or not

>can you even see the pixels when close up?
no, it fucking rules

>Not even true 4k
Nice full AMD build though

Sup Forums fuck OP but hijacking this thread to ask what is the best 27" monitor I can get for under $400???

>meme

>13-11-11-28
Damn son, wtf.

3440x1440 master race here

>thinking 3840x2160 is 4k
wew lad

Sure there are two different 4K standards, but outside of the some video editing professional no one has a need for DCI 4K and all consumer 4K content is 3840x2160

At least OP wasn't a faggot and got some 40" 4K tv as a monitor.

>he fell for the 21:9 meme

loling @ ur life

>meme

ain't even mad, family.

DCI 4K is a standard, 4K to mean 3840x2160 is a nothing more than a marketing term.

Use QFHD or even UHD.

>meme

You're not wrong, but your need to correct someone speaks to your autism. "Marketing term" and it's also a widely used one, so of course 3840x2160 has come to also mean 4K.

Do you interject every time someone uses (according to you) the term 4K wrong ?

In the parlance of the consumer/mass market/everyone outside of the film industry 4K means 3840x2160

3840=4000
because I i said so and I m poor

>GGGay RRRetard

I know it's an absolute hunk of shit, but I'm selling it and building a new computer with everything new except the gpu

Yes, because those people are wrong. We don't call 1920x1080 2K, because that is a different thing.
Why should 4K be different?

Because it's not a big deal so who really cares?

now you really fucked up you retard
it is wikipedia,I can as well type that obama is donald trump in disguise and it will be accepted by wiki

>you GGGGGGGGAY ULTRA RReeetard

I don't care as much as you might think I do. I was only correcting that other poster.

The abortion of a ratio that is 16:9 is a much bigger issue in consumer displays, but fortunately that seems to be slowly losing ground.

How can they be wrong ? it is a name for a specific thing. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the name is wrong.
Everyone agrees on what the mainstream 4K is, the vast majority of people have no idea DCI 4K even is a thing.

Why aren't you getting all worked up about the extra 96 pixels in DCI 4K , maybe it should be called DCI 4.096K to appease your dumb ausitic ass

you are dumb
you aren't correcting, you're asserting an infantile and autistic value over a normal value

>The abortion of a ratio that is 16:9 is a much bigger issue in consumer displays, but fortunately that seems to be slowly losing ground.

losing ground to what exactly ?
if anything it is being firmly cemented seeing how the previous 16:9 standard 1080 is being replaced by the new 16:9 standard of 4K

A few years ago it was nearly impossible to find a laptop without a 16:9 display outside of Macbooks. Now 3:2 is popular on Chromebooks and there are tablets with 8:5 and 4:3 screens. People are starting to rediscover the benefit of taller screens.

Even in the desktop space people loved to predict that model X was the end of 8:5, but Dell and EIZO consistently refreshed their 1920x1200 models and new panels kept being made. I have no doubt that eventually we'll see 3840x2400 to appeal to that same audience.

>but Dell and EIZO consistently refreshed their 1920x1200 models and new panels kept being made. I have no doubt that eventually we'll see 3840x2400 to appeal to that same audience.

Before 1080p took off as a the standard video resolution, there were many many resolutions available to the consumer.
After the 1080p took off panel makers focused mostly on that one resolution and stretched it from from 17" to 24"+
All other resolutions fell to the wayside, 1920 and everything else just became some niche resolution.

Same thing will happen with 1440p and everything not 4K.

Actually no you can't. Go ahead and try

that's nice.
I actually enjoy the vertical screen moved away.
What do you use the second screen for?

Honestly not a lot. If gaming I throw youtuibe or precisionx, or something to keep an eye on temps and shit. But more often than not I don't use. I just turned on to look cool for muh bst pic lel.

3440x1440 is more than enough real estate to do whatever I wanna do.

>3840
>4k

Pick one.

If someone was buying your car for $4,000 and they showed up with $3,840, would you say "meh, close enough?"

Same here brother. U3415H though.

>Pick one.
no
pick both. it is literally 4k. Go fuck yourself.

So you would take the $3,840 for your car? Please let me know when you're selling a car or a house.

>literally 4k
No, it's figuratively 4k. You're just a broke fat neckbeard white guy that thinks the man is holding him down and is oppressed

it's 4k and you are autistic
go fuck yourself

So if it is known that 1920x1080 isn't 2k which has a smaller pixel difference to 2,000. Why do you insist that 3,840 = 4,000? Could you explain in a detailed sentence without being offended?

you are being a retarded nerd user

you are being proud of the fact that you know that the common parlance of 4k used to mean something different than it does now, and so you are being stubborn about it

you're literally and objectively wrong, 4k refers nowadays to the UHD standard. 4k Blu Rays are 3840x2160. 4k Televisions are 3840x2160. And retarded nerds like you who like to pretend to be correct are going to be wrong and everyone is going to roll their eyes and rightfully tell you to shut the fuck up

2160p=4k and that's final. There is no other way around it.

As expected you got mad. Good job explaining nothing. Sheep.

>no, it fucking rules
so whats the point, 4k is obvioulsy only viable on 30+ inches screen, specially since you dont put the freaking monitor near your face

bump