Why aren't you using Opera...

Why aren't you using Opera? It's the safest and fastest browser available right now and it's the only one capable of supporting HTML6. I've been trying to get my coworkers on board but they aren't even aware of functionalities like that. On top of all that, it can intercept ads at the nearest fiber optic switching station and if a large inbound packet is detected, it can trigger a station overload and disable all communications in your region for maximum stability and security.

Try it.

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-10/opera-software-gets-agreed-takeover-offer-valued-at-1-2-billion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What the fuck is html6, opera shill?

>Whay aren't you using Opera
I am, you should give it a try sometime.

This

/thread

Chinese company owns it

>Chinese botnet
no thanks
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-10/opera-software-gets-agreed-takeover-offer-valued-at-1-2-billion

Id trust some oversea China company over a us because if its Chinese they cant arrest me.

And I'd trust a Norwegian company over a Chinese one.

>12.6 maymay
kek outdated botnet is more like it now

>12.16 is a meme
Three years old and it's still the best browser. Pretty sad when you think about it.

i am.

>Using HTML6 now
Protip: You can't

>it's a spastic Sup Forums users reply to bait episode

tried using it a couple of times and it was always slow as shit

Come back when you're able to remove addon icons (such as ublock) from the fucking toolbar.

>using a bOtnet

suuuure.

Opera shills are only not worse than vivaldi shills

Because I want all my stuff in the same place and thus have embraced the Google botnet.

I'll miss the superiority of Opera on Android (text reflow, bottom bar), but it's worth for dat comfy factor.

>right click icon
>manage extensions
>check hide from toolbar

wow

I got Opera Developer for the free VPN.
I do wonder what Opera gets out of the deal, apart from more users. They wouldn't be tracking and doxing us, would they?

>They wouldn't be tracking and doxing us, would they?

Of course not, goy. Enjoy your free vpn!

>safest
By what measure
>fastest
Pretty much all Webkit-based browsers have relatively equal speeds; sometimes the platform on which you use your browser affects things (nothing will beat out Safari on OS X in terms of both speeds and power consumption)
>capable of supporting HTML6
1. No one is writing their websites in HTML6 so it doesn't matter

2. HTML6 isn't inherently better, it's just a tradeoff -- more verbose templates in exchange for native support for something that's existed for years (XmlHttpRequest). No one cares about the verbosity of templates in modern web apps because no one mucks around with the templates; HTML is pretty much like bytecode these days when it comes to super complicated front-end SPAs.

>intercept ads at the nearest fiber optic switching station
Native ad blocking is actually pretty cool. The benchmarks I'm seeing, speed-wise, are just comparing with ABP, which is pretty garbage. uBlock Plus is really fast and I'm pretty sure Safari + uBlock Plus on OS X is indistinguishable from Opera.

Just economics. Opera is at a disadvantage because it doesn't have the built-in advantage that Safari does (even if browsers are free, the time it takes to research and download browsers imposes a cost on users. Ergo, Opera is inherently more "expensive" than Safari on OS X or iOS), or the massive marketing power that Google has to boost Chrome. So they have to just include features at a cost to incentivize people to switch to Opera. A free VPN would be one of those features.

STUPID FROGPOSTING MOTHERFUCKER, GO DRINK BLEACH!

html5 isn't even fully supported on the web yet, not a lot of sites really use html6. besides, opera is as much of a botnet as chrome.

>jews
>on chink companies
oh user...

it is literally chrome with a blocky theme and adblock with Hola preinstalled

>Chink
Opera Software is Norwegian, user. You wouldn't trust a Viking to develop a browser, would you?

>www.nytimes.com/2016/02/11/business/dealbook/china-opera-kunlun-qihoo-golden-brick.html
You tlying to foul me?

And? It's still the exact same dev team: Norwegians. Do you also say that a Soccer team is Russian if some Russian oil Baron purchases the team? The important part hasn't changed.

_ _
/ \ _ __ ___ _ __ _ __ | |___
/ _ \ | '_ \ / _ \| '_ \ | '_ \| / __|
/ ___ \| | | | (_) | | | | | |_) | \__ \
/_/ \_\_| |_|\___/|_| |_| | .__/|_|___/
|_|

>You wouldn't trust a Viking to develop a browser
Of course I would. They not only develop a browser, they developed the best of browsers until 2013