/sqt/ - Stupid Question Thread

Post all your small and stupid questions that don't deserve their own thread. Read the sticky before posting. Redirect any retard to this thread using; Previous thread;

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G3KG0493
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how many frames per second is real life

Am I crazy? I don't remember Google boxing search results until I noticed it today. I thought it was just a white background. Has it been like that for a while?

The average human brain can process approximately 900-1200 according to most research.

Can a gtx680 4gb play shit like gta v on a 2560x1600 display? It runs battlefield 4 just fine on ultra settings.
CPU is i7 [email protected] ghz.

Chrome only maybe?

i didnt ask how much we can see, i asked how many frames per second real life is. are our eyes bottlenecking our fps or is real life bottlenecking our fps?

>want to sell old Thinkpad
>no hard drive
>find one that I used to use frequently, still has all my files etc
>it has Windows 7 installed, decide to put it in the Thinkpad and upgrade to Windows 10 to easily clear all my old shot
>run upgrade, tell it to wipe all my docs and programs
>upgrade finishes
>delete Windows.old
>94.4 GB still being used on hard drive

What the fuck? I've done this on some other computers so I know Windows 10 isn't that big. I've also checked C:/ and there's no folders taking up a significant amount of space. So what the fuck could be using up so much data? Are my old files still hidden somewhere?
I don't want to format the drive because I don't have any Windows 7 keys or anything

>second life
The Second Life client is 30fps

Why doesn't Phanteks make black fan frames for heatsink?

Who makes great black fans for heatsink?

When you upgrade it stores a copy of your last install, so you can revert back.
I dont remember where it is, but thats what fucking it

Our brains are bottlenecking our eyes which are sometimes bottlenecking real life. The possible frames per second our eyes can provide would vary depending on how far away the object in question is. An object 186000 miles away can only be seen at one frame per second.

I'm fairly certain that it's Windows.old

Not with a decent framerate, I have a 980SC and can barely play on fucking max settings. Something might be wrong with my card though...

Is the logical increments website a good guide to build my first PC? Gonna go for enthusiast tier

>An object 186000 miles away can only be seen at one frame per second.
interesting.

but how many frames per second IS the physical real life? not how much we can see but when an object moves for example, how many frames per second does it move at? there has to be a number.

What is a good tool to make bootable usb drives for a Windows installation?

I need the drive to be formatted in FAT32.
I tried the Windows tool and it formats automatically in NTFS.
I tried Rufus and it doesn't let me format in FAT32 as well, because the .iso file is too big.
I don't really see the logic in this, since the files that get extracted on the flash drive are not bigger than 4GB, so..

Any other suggestions?

no
Do your own reasearch for what you need. Don't let a website build it for you, with a hidden agenda to certain companies

What will happen if I put the hardrive from my old x220 in my t420 and try to boot it?

That varies depending on temperature. For example, something at absolute zero is running at 0 frames per second.

Bump

>12 minute wait
>filtered

Ill bump your head off nigger this isn't /r/

no you dont get it. fuck you bitch.

my shift key is fucking up. sometimes it's perma-on, sometimes it's perma-on. if i open the virtual keyboard, it changes to perma-off, which is preferrable because it lets me use the enter key somehow.
i already tried cleaning the keyboard inside, to no avail.
what can i do

Any ideas on wtf is going on here?

How do you get LAV splitter to force JP audio for dual audio files that have the ENG track as the default one.

In addition to that how do you get it to use the ENG subfile after forcing JP audio?

Sensor dead

I don't mind turning settings down, or even selling and picking up a 7970 since AMD is supposed to be better at higher resolutions.

speccy being a shit. check in your bios

Why would there be a number? I feel like you don't understand what frames per second mean and how it all works. Unless you believe there's something in the universe drawing everything in 3D into existence.

Pls forgivc

I don't have that. Latest stable branch Firefox on Linux.

Could of course be that it's not the system and they're just testing a change on certain percentage of users, like that link colour change that got into news (for some bizarre reason).

CPUID read the same.

Well, hold on. The bios said 12.42V, but I had the revelation that it could be the goofy PCIE auxilary sata power port on the mobo. So I pulled that. Lo and behold the bios read 5.1v after this.

After rebooting my PC my fans started to surge, which they recently started doing at initial boot. but this was bad, like about to fucking just quit bad. Then everything stabalized and I`m posting. But CPUID and speccy are back to reading 12.4V on the +5 rail.

Would this more likely be a PSU or a vrm issue?

It will probably not like it, since it's expecting a completely different set of hardware to be there. Though I admit, I don't know how different operating systems handle that. I remember my Linux HDD actually booting up and all, but Windows went apeshit.

I guess in a way it's kinda like changing out a part of your computer and booting up. So, it should be fine I guess. The mobo is the biggest question.

Everything seems to be fine now other than my CPU running unusually hot which has been an increasing problem. Speaking of my OC, my CPU has been consistently running about 2mhz slower than what I had the bclk set to. Like it was really struggling to maintain what it had.

Temps wise I think this x5650 just has sever solder degredation like my poor dead i7 920. It seems fine stock clocks, and my rad fan at full blast. But if I load the CPU at all the temps spike like crazy. Like.. 90 seconds of 50% utilization and I`m in the breaking 70C..

How do I know if my CPU HSF will block any RAM slots on my mobo?

I use Rufus to do this all the time. Post screenshot or it didn't happen.

On a UEFI mobo??
I think I found a solution for now but I'll report back when I test it.

Read the dimensions on the website

A while ago someone was posting a terminal command to download from mega through the terminal. Can someone post it?

Why does innawoods.net not work for me? New laptop with mozilla btw

No, BIOS

It's telling you straight up that there is a file over 4GB within the ISO. FAT32 can't support a file that size.

Is this a Windows ISO? Check the size of install.wim.

Now I see the filename at the bottom: Windows 7 with updates integrated. I made one of those myself with updates going to May 2016. The install.wim came out to be over 5GB. NTFS is _required_ here.

The dimensions don't tell me shit. Motherboards don't come with a 'maximum CPU HSF size that won't block any RAM slots'. Do I have to order the mobo first and take a ruler to it?

Yes, as I mentioned this is an issue only with UEFI boards, they can't boot from NTFS usb drives, unlike BIOS.
The install.wim is over 4 gigs, yes.

Yea and I need those fuckers, sadly, cause I can't install VC++Redist2015 otherwise. Meh.

I exaggerated a bit. Still, NTFS is required, pic related.

pls respond

On a fresh install of stock Windows 7 SP1, you can't install VC++ Redist 2015? Does it need .NET 4.x or something?

What do you mean by stock?
Obviously, I pirate it and I used a preeetty old release, from 2011, I think.
I've tried to install the redistributable but it always failed because it needed some components from a later Win7 upd.
Do you have any tips on how to solve this motherfucker?

A full side dimm module is 133.5mm long. You can use this information as a reference point to find out how far from the center of the socket your nearest slot is. You can take the dimension of the cooler, divide by half, and add 30mm for the thickness of the fan. If this goes passed the nearest slot, and you have finned ram, then it will be an issue.

Groovy, thanks.

Stock = provided by Microsoft (or OEM) and untouched (no cracks, etc)

Try installing .NET 4.6 before installing VC++ Redist 2015.

If i update profile information on facebook wil it do it silently or will it notify people on my freinds list?

kek
probably won't
check your activity log and delete anything you don't like

why can't i buy a fucking 1080 when it was supposed to be released a week ago

I'm going to Canada in a few months and want to buy a graphics card because it would be cheaper than here.
My problem is that my country uses 240v while Canada uses 120v, would that be a issue?

That was the meme Founder's "pay more for worse performance" Edition.

well it's been a whole week, let me buy the real cards plz

Why is it such a priority for you? It will still exist in two years. Do you have an unhealthy addiction to virtual titties?

I have a 670 and my monitors are 1440p, I'm itching to upgrade

Your power supply is the only thing that comes into play with 120v / 240v. Most have switches on them to switch modes. ATX power is a worldwide standard.

GDDR5X isn`t as readily available as GDDR5, and the hype is so big that people are pre-ordering their fucking GPUs. You`ll have an easier time getting a 1070 or an RX480 a month from now.

It'll be around the 29th. Sorry m80.

XOSP or Resurrection Remix for my LG G4?

Bump again please help lads ;_;

Kill yourself.

I have an i5-4690 with a shit tier stock intel fan and it gets loud as fuck sometimes.

I want to get a cheap closed loop cooler because I've got an M-ITX case with a top/back mounted PSU so cpu cooler clearance is like 100mm or something.

But I want it to be quiet as shit. 4690 draws only 84W so this is no problem except that the coolers I'm looking at (e.g. corsair H50, H55, H60) aren't PWM so they'll run at full noise all the time. So my CPU will be cold as fuck but it won't actually be quiet.

Is it retarded to buy a separate fan? Is there a decent budge closed loop cooler that I'm totally missing that has similar price and performance and also has a PWM fan?

Source?

Didn't work, sadly

I used win32 to write an image on a usb to make it bootable.Windows does not even detect the usb how do i fix this?

EVGA's posted release date for their cards.
I'm just assuming the rest will be right around the same time.

I'm looking to get a new PC as mine needs an upgrade. I built my last couple of computers and I'm honestly over the thrill of it so I just want to have one """professionally""" assembled. I want the smallest PC possible without sacrificing performance. I remember I use to know a good website for this, where you could assemble a PC, pay for the parts through them, then pay them to assemble it. Was wondering if any Sup Forums fellows knew what I was on about.

I have yet to see the release date, stop bullshitting me.

Yeah, I know. I tried it on an old Vista installation without .NET and it worked fine. What error are you getting when you try to install the VC Redist?

EVGA's fucking website, retard. Are you daft?

I bet you think you're so funny.

fuck that man.

Go with the thinkpad approach.

Get a Lenovo, or an HP/Dell. Look at their business class models. The desktop will come with an i5/i7 in a box that was designed to collect dust in an office or a dusty garage/warehouse for 5/10 years. Then just get your graphics and your storage and you are off to the races. Its the same idea that the companies sell off their new equipment every year or two/always are buying new stuff selling fairly new stuff for cheap.

Often times they even come with a windows key, if you are not using free software.

Am I being baited?

>evga.com
>Graphics
>GeForce GTX 1080

Your time is not worth more than $50/hour. Plug in your duplos yourself.

Prebuilts often come with insufficient power supplies for GPUs.

I'll wait for you to post link or take screenshot.

Looking at deploying an rsyslog relay at one of my client sites to send their logs to my OSSIM machine as a test 'cause i'm thinking of getting into managed security. It's a fairly small office so I'll be collecting logs from their Cisco 1941, Fortinet 60D, a couple of Cisco switches, 6 Windows servers, and 25 Windows desktops. I'm looking at one of these running CentOS 6.x and rsyslog only.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G3KG0493

Any thoughts if this w/4GB RAM will be enough for a log relay/storage machine for such a small office?

>1464428792827.gif
Holy shit I heard it was bad but this is next level garbage.

If you want to get spoonfed you can fuck right off. 2 seconds in Google my man.

what video player software can loop videos seamlessly?
vines loop perfectly on the website but playing in windows media player, vlc, opening with chrome/ie all have noticeable stutters when the video repeats

thx u

Sup Forums, my computer has been running real slow for the past month or so and I have no idea as to why. It'll run smooth for about half an hour before I need to restart it. Any tips on how to speed it up? Where to look for any unnecessary/suspicious files?

Is the RX 490 going to be released as Polaris, or is it Vega? I thought Vega was the successor for the Fury (X).

The markets, they are a changing. Does performance mean gaming performance to you?

what OS?

Yeah, sorry. Gaming. I'm looking for smaller because right now I have a large case and it's a pain in the ass if I ever go anywhere. I'd like a little more mobility, but not if I am going to have to sacrifice anything, really.

There's no date, just 'notify me'

Windows 7

>Where to look for any unnecessary/suspicious files

TeamViewer

Yeah that's probably way more than you need. I don't know what kind of software you use for log relay but you need what, maybe a couple MB process,100 MB in buffers plus whatever overhead to get your minimal OS up and running... I mean the memory just has to be enough buffer to get enough shit off a NIC into disk, then back off disk into the NIC... that said I don't know your space real well just from a system design perspective i don't see what that much memory would be used for

I don't really know then, my gaming rig I still update myself and its still a midtower (holy shit why). But size of mobo + 500W power supply + video card... I haven't found a way around it. If anyone has an answer I'd be interested too.

>firefox
You can only do it through Chrome, namely Chrome with an attached Google account.

Those fans aren`t even that loud. But you could just get the noctua low noise adapters and limit the fan to 7v to slow down the speed.

look at your memory usage in task manager and start killing shit with high CPU usage and/or memory consumption until it speeds up. If one of those speeds you up that's your problem. If that doesn't work and your free memory still sucks buy more memory. If that's not your case then backup your files and reformat. Get two drives and keep your personal documents/shit on one and programs on the other and you can be free to reformat that shit as your nasty ass computer gets infested with pirate bay clap.

Anyone got any other ideas? I think Windows 10 fucked up when deleting Windows.old. I can't remember if I did it using disk cleanup or if I tried deleting it manually.

I know that ideally each radiator should get its own cool air intake. But would running multiple rads in series like pic related be a viable way to condense a large amount of cooling? Or would it just overall equalize and have diminishing returns?