How can I become embedded systems engineer?

How can I become embedded systems engineer?

SS + GOMAD

At which stage of embedded system manufacturing would you like to be employed? R&D?Design? Manufacturing? Testing? Afters-sales support?

I think either R&D or design.

zilog a shit

Don't. Seriously Don't. Embedded Engineers are half EE and half CS. Which means your code base is half written by dead people who don't know how to code. The code bases you'll inherent will have zero comments and all holy hell of stupid compiler hacks and weird tricks you weren't even sure C could do in the first place.

I mean pure pure stupidity. A single .h fie for the entire project which defines 400+ structures and never changes memory allocation. Statically defined ints will be cast into pointers because the memory layout hasn't changed since 1999. And this seemed like a good idea in 2005. But now in 2016 it's causing corruption and nobody is willing to buy a debugger for that chip because, "It has worked since 1999 you must be stupid user." Despite the vendor pushing a new chip design.

Then you're talking about the top 5%, guys who took physics/math/EE in Ivy League, who at least scored 50 points in math 55. In fact they're so sought after that many small(er) companies usually just outsource the algorithm from Israel,Korea or Taiwan(in fact, even India)

You may get better luck trying in manufacturing stage.

Kek the reason why plenty of companies hiring pajeets and sjw codemonkeys. Nobody else in their right mind would take the job to convert algorithm to C (or C++) code

Even I would rather be in the testing department. It's easier, if repetitive and somewhat boring

'bedded 'stems 'gineer?

>triple sixes
Thanks for smashing my hopes and dreams, dickgirl.

>A single .h fie for the entire project which defines 400+ structures and never changes memory allocation.
You had experience with it, I see?

And gentlemen this is exactly why you let electronics engineers in their 50s write code for embedded instead of fresh college grads who have never written anything more than a hello world

underrated

I have a coworker that was an embedded dev with a masters degree. Was a printer firmware developer. He didn't make shit. He had to join pajeet doing Java dev to make real money.

Those old fucks should retire already

>Those old fucks should retire already
They involuntarily will retire just as some young buck with similar or superior skills will appear. Unfortunately all kids do in college these days is drink, party and whatever bare minimum coursework they have to in order to pass

>Embedded Engineers are half EE and half CS.
It is usually called CE, but whatever.
>A single .h fie for the entire project
Having huge headers where everything is in there is fairly common, I know that.
It is also common in other areas.
Good projects usually stick to documentation in the header files.
There is bad code in every industry, and an industry that usually doesn't share code is always worse

>It is usually called CE, but whatever.
Depends on your school. Ranges from an EE specialization to EECS to CE.

okay.
My school prefers to make up meme terms for our educations rather than calling it the classical names.
I die a little inside when I think about it, but people outside seems to enjoy the naming as they can relate to what we can do with it.
Eg. My education is basically CE, it is a masters program where we have the classical courses like math, statistics, electronics, embedded, control theory, kinematics and vision.
They call the education for "robot systems engineering", and I mean, we do work with robots, but we do just as many "how complicated a setup can you make that turns on a light emitting diode", projects as regular CE students.

Maybe they've seen their parents doing the "right thing" for decades and still ending up being miserable fucks and they decided wasting away your best years studying cryptic hieroglyph shit all day long is probably not a really smart idea. Even if they would become a NEET around age 23 and then od on some drug they might have lived life to the fullest than their wageslaving parents.

>he thinks people can actually still make money making full custom products
Lel, learn verilog and FPGAs

vhdl is where its at though

My training has all pointed towards verilog and even high level synthesis but its all good. if you know verilog it wouldn't be a difficult jump to VHDL

EE here, that shit was too autistic for me even tho there are pretty strong contenders in this section during your EE studies

I'm EE too. Maybe you're just a brainlet

stupid fuck who thinks C is low level detected

I meant the endless seas of logic gate schematics and shit, i have no problem with C.

>he doesn't create analog replacements for devices

my sides

I'm a sucker for meta jokes

i meant stuff like this

The ultimate truth in the thread

Satan; Why you do dis?

> You may get better luck trying in manufacturing stage.
What does manufacturing stage involve?

You can't, we only need javascript monkeys nowadays.

How is that possible? C is a high level language.

Being a solder monkey

How many scoops?

Don't remind me, all I want to do is build shit but my grades are rubbish from a mediocre uni. Why do I have to be terrible at everything I enjoy? All I want to do is low level black magic type programming and building for the rest of eternity

>tfw the 6502 is such a powerful processor, someone designed an AI for it to shitpost

Tamagotchis have come a long way since the 90s.