How easy would it be to create a service or script that would automatically set a folder's icon to the poster for the...

How easy would it be to create a service or script that would automatically set a folder's icon to the poster for the corresponding show in windows explorer?

Pic related, boring TV Show library.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Plex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thats dumb just use plex or kodi

You need to be 18+ to post here user.
Fuck off with your kids shows.

Allie, I told you to stop bothering the fine anons on Sup Forums. I'd be glad to help you if you blow me in return.

Use a keyboard-mouse recorder to make a simple macro.
> On selected folder right click
> Open properties
> Open that tab with icon settings
> Click on select poster button
> Select a poster inside original folder
> Apply
> Select next folder

Why would you do that? Do you watch those folders instead of the movies/series? Are you autistic?

This intrigues me. I'll let this thread live.

It had less than an hour from the previous post you autist you didn't let anything live

>Attack on Titan
>OPM
>in tv shows
>Windows 10

LEAVE AND NEVER RETURN

Not OP, but he doesn't have enough anime to justify having a separate anime folder. I can see why OP did that.

>Windows 10
That part is inexcusable though

With what?

They're both very good anime tbqh

just use plex

I am using Plex, but just thought it'd be nice to have something like this in windows

wtf is plex

lmgtfy.com/?q=Plex

Get on my level

Was this automatically done or did you have to do it manually? As in downloading the poster covers, then right clicking and setting the icon from the downloaded poster?

>tv trash

Updated for you :*

Yeah probably 3 lines max in PowerShell

Go on...

Yeah I got that...
is it safe from the botnet?

>ANIMES

you have to make a script that
>for each folder
>...searches imdb
>...curls the first result
>...gets 'og:image'
>...puts this as icon
I don't know how to do the last one, but the first three are pretty easy.

you just need to write a folder.ini in each folder pointing the icon path at the poster. it only works for local folders though due to homosexual reasons.

>animes

the plural of anime is anime

tg fdp

wait, let me correct myself

the word anime IS plural

Huh?

What software is that?

Doesn't an ini require either ico, dll, or exe's to set the image? Don't think that'd work

how does this work? you just install plex and it recognizes the show name based on the files?

kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

hmm, not sure if it will take jpg but ico will definitely work. you could convert your poster.jpgs to .ico with imagemagick

Also, it's unfortunate that it doesn't work on network locations.