Server Monitoring Software

What server monitoring software does Sup Forums use and recommend? I'm currently in need of monitoring my server to make sure it's running well.

Bonus points if it's free (as in beer).

sshd
Works well enough, or maybe a vnc server if you need GUI

GENTOO

I was referring to something with a web front end.

Hi landwhale, are you baiting again? Have a nice day!

nagios, obviously.

except that requires you to get a second server to alert you the first server is down. you can then of course use the first server to monitor the second.

And then I guarantee you that both servers will go down at the same time (lewd).

Cpanel? You'll need RHEL or CentOS for it to just werk.

it aint me senpai

doesnt this really depend on what your server is doing and what about it you're interested in monitoring?

put w in the terminal

If all the numbers are less than 0.1, you probably don't need to bother monitoring anything.

I'm guessing they just want 1337 shit on their second monitor because they don't use it for code or spreadsheets or irc or anything.

I use
htop
on one terminal and
watch -n 10 screenfetch
on the other one, so that I keep my system properly monitored and riced at the same time.

No dude. My BMI's around 17-18. Actually I wanted to take a screenshot to prove I'm an arch user myself, but couldn't because everything is broken on Wayland.

Nagios is too expensive. Is there a pirated or free version?
Thanks. I have RHEL, but Cpanel seems overkill. I just want to monitor 1 server.
It's a LAMP stack. I just want to see how much memory / bandwidth it's using on a nice graph.
I got around 0.40.

Monitoring
Disk Usage: Ncdu, dfc, Baobab, KDirStat
Performance Monitoring: procps (ps, free, vmstat, top, pmap, nice), Sysstat (sar, mpstat, pidstat, iostat, sadf), nmon, dstat, atop, Glances, Conky
Process Monitoring: strace, Sysdig, lsof, htop, gnome-system-monitor
Network Monitoring: vnStat, iftop, IPTraf
Network Latency Monitoring: bmon, SmokePing
Port Monitoring: psad, ttylog, slsnif
User Monitoring: Whowatch, wuzzah
Log Monitoring: multiTail, lnav
Web Log Analytics: W3Perl, AWStats
Web State Monitor: Sysmon, Nagios (+ NagVis)
Database Monitoring: Mytop

Remote Administration
Remote Desktop Client: Remmina, rdesktop
Remote Desktop Server: xrdp
Remote Desktop Client/Server: X2Go
Remote X Apps: X11 forwarding, Xpra
Remote Login: OpenSSH, Mosh
Control Panel: Webmin, Vesta Control Panel, ZPanel
Remote Execution: pconsole, PSSH

Nice desu

Icinga is pretty good. It's an open-source fork of Nagios.

Nagios is pretty nice

Wow, some autist took a lot of time to make that image. What a time sink. Figures, considering it's defending arch.

As anti-arch as I am, I actually understand that pic. About two months ago there was a period of a week or so in which the arch hate threads were being made unprovoked, and it was the same thread with the same pictures with no replies on them every day. Wait for the arch permaspergs to make the thread and jack off first, that's when they throw their arguments out there, and you can then destroy them. Just screaming about it unprovoked makes you look bad.

Cool. How can I access the graphs?