> 2016
> still using HDD's because they are more "reliable than SSD's" instead because of SSD's still being expensive
> using MBR instead of GPT in general
> using MBR on an SSD which is actually bad for the things
> using a CD drive unironically

You literally cant install windows 7 on GPT

you can but it requires
>uefi

Yes you can, just install with EFI, not BIOS.

>because of SSD's still being expensive
HDDs are still too expensive if you ask me. We're still paying like $35/TB.

>We're still paying like $35/TB.

wait are there problems with installing win7 on a ssd? i was just about to set up a ssd bootable drive with a hdd for storage

It's ``really difficult" to use an eGPU on GPT if you've got ExpressCard or mPCIe.

If you've got Thunderbolt or some proprietary option, then you can go fuck yourself and use GPT/UEFI.

>using MBR
Who is still this retarded? Windows has supported GPT since at least Windows 7. Maybe even Vista.

UEFI is not EFI.
You can still do GPT and EFI without UEFI.
It depends on how fucking lazy your motherboard manufacturer is.
Needless to say EFI is the lazy option.

None. Windows 7 supports TRIM and applies it automatically. You can double check that it's enabled if you want, but there's nothing else you need to do.

That is the point. There are retards that still use MBR for > muh compatability

what does the windows installer use by default when you delete all partitions and let windows set up the drive for install?

>still using HDD's because they are more "reliable than SSD's
Who thinks this?

Luddites

>> still using HDD's because they are more "reliable than SSD's" instead because of SSD's still being expensive
I use both. Get fucked

>> using MBR instead of GPT in general
MBR Master Race

>> using MBR on an SSD which is actually bad for the things
MBR Master Race

>> using a CD drive unironically
External (USB)

I think it is GPT on 8.1+
Anyways you can just use diskpart e.g.
Shift+F10
Diskpart
List disk
Sel disk (the number you need to convert)
Clean
Convert gpt
Exit
Exit

Just for the (MB)Record, this does remove ALL data on the disk.

>Sel disk (the number you need to convert)
set*

No. Sel.

HDD Blue WD 1Tb is like $60

>using a picture of the smiley with a carat nose

>carat

(you)

Dude nobody uses a CD drive anymore.

We all moved to DVD and blu Ray drives years ago.

I had disks that still used MBR, used some shit tool off of sourceforge to live convert to GPT. Blue screened my systems immediately after competition, but it worked actually successfully

>spending more money that necessary to hold my collection of 900+ movies
Fuck that noise

It wasnt even true in 2008 save for the low quality firmware that killed off brands like OCZ. People took a retardedly long time to realize SSDs are durable.

Why do you have they many separate drives? Combine them into a ReFS storage pool, it's like a RAID5

>using MBR on an SSD which is actually bad for the things
Is this actually true? My understanding is that GPT basically just allows for partition sizes of over 2TB and unlimited partitions, neither of which is entirely necessary for an SSD

One drive got filled, so I got another, then I've just been repeating the process ever since. It would be way easier to make it into a single collection but I haven't done it because lazy and money. I want to move them all to a box for a home file server first instead of filling up my desktop tower. I really should get on that because losing one of those drives would be a very sad day.

It's BS. The only thing GPT gets you is more partitions and a bigger partition sizes.

Holy shit, people still believe the MBR is bad for SSD crap? I actually know where it started and why. This is too funny, brings back memories.

>using a picture of the smiley with a arch nose

AHAHA, shithead, you took my bait!

It's just general Sup Forums neckbeards who are afraid of new things who still spread this rumor. I will get a lot of hate for saying that but I know they don't understand that themselves how stupid they are thinking that.

I think they are also afraid of learning/reading.

> using a CD drive unironically
I have one because I don't know how to format iso on a usb.

You can literally unpack them with 7zip, if it is for a bootable drive use rufus

I don't use optical drives (barely even use flashdrives when I can just rsync to another computer faster for storage purposes), but I am still using all HDDs.

6TB for storage and OS is on a WD VelociRaptor (10k rpm HDD)