/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of May 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Huawei is making another Nexus this year, exec says
gsmarena.com/huawei_is_making_another_nexus_this_year_exec_says-news-18616.php

>Lumigon T3 is the first phone with a night vision camera
gsmarena.com/lumigon_t3_is_the_first_phone_with_a_night_vision_camera-news-18612.php

>Samsung Galaxy Note 6/7 tipped to launch in August first week
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_6_7_tipped_to_launch_in_august_first_week-news-18594.php

>Huawei plans to launch a new Honor smartphone in Europe on June 20
gsmarena.com/huawei_plans_to_launch_a_new_honor_smartphone_in_europe_on_june_20-news-18620.php

>Samsung Galaxy Note 6 recreated based on leaked blueprints
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_6_recreated_based_on_leaked_blueprints-news-18610.php

>ZUK Z2 Pro hands on and unboxing, with video
gizchina.com/2016/06/03/zuk-z2-pro-hands-on-and-unboxing/

>Xiaomi Max – Hands on impressions
gizchina.com/2016/05/23/xiaomi-max-hands-impressions/

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/oneplus_outs_first_teaser_video_for_the_op3-news-18600.php
forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/555793-update-verizon-s-new-oe1-og5-ok3-updates-prevent-downgrading-rooting.html
youtu.be/mnYhWGis7Uk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for based Xiaomi

2nd for S7 mustard face

Well, it should be much smoother considering it's running SD650.

Returning an unopened nexus 6p and getting a galaxy s7 edge, because I found out I have the money for it. Nexus 6p just seems too big, and I would really like the water resistance and micro sd slot. Worried about touchwiz, hopefully it's not too bad.

So the assumption about HTC making the new nexus were a hoax?

Marshmallow touchwiz is fine. You can debloat without root and there are free material themes on the Samsung store.

There might still be a tablet, or even a small ~4.5" device yet. Nothing is confirmed.

HTC will make the smaller N5X successor and Huawei the 6P successor is my bet.

It's possible Huawei will make a larger phone and HTC will make a smaller one. That's what happened last year with Huawei and LG.

first time android user.. why can't i add new events to the google calendar? do i have to have gmail enabled? but i don't use gmail, i use outlook.

nvm, i'm been looking for a solution and all i had to do was hit the refresh button under the three dots

gayus fuck, you can even set it so it repeats on the first every month, couldn't do that on my iphone

How's call time though?

I can get 8 hours call time with 8 and a half hours SoT by the time I'm at 10% battery

>8 hours call time
who the hell do you talk to?

Usually 1- 2 hours a day with 10 hours SoT. Calls don't really drain my battery much since I always have a really strong signal at home.

LG G4 or Moto X Style?

got a 32bg nexus 6p off ebay for $410 about two days ago, it'll get here on tuesday

i got a rhinoshield crash guard bumper case for it

also got some chargers and type c cables (car charger, home charger, work charger)

i've only ever used a galaxy s3 and a droid x, this will be my first big phone

i'm going to be sticking one of these UnGrip things to the back of the phone so its much easier to use one handed

how bad did i fuck up? in general?

carrier/country?

Moto X Pure

Buy an oneplus 2 it's priced off to 319 right now at least don't buy lg there software is a crappy ripoff of Samsung

the fact that product exists makes me physically ill

why? aside from that dumb camo one they look decent and give you ENORMOUS flexibility for one handed use of your phone, since you can support its weight with your index finger entirely

Telcel/Mexico

Moto X Style. don't risk bootloop with the G4.

is the bootloop really that common?

People.

You don't talk on your phone?

Nexus 5X down to 209 euros 16gb and 249 32gb here in italy

Get one with a serial beginning with 510 and you are good.

Just buy any phone, doesn't matter. They're all the same, more or less. You can make phone call, take a picture, etc

*510 or greater.

Is there some version of Flux or something similar on Android? Not the one that just makes it red, I tried that and it was pretty shit

how do i know the serial if i'm buying from amazon?

There is official flux but you need root

You can ask. I've had luck doing this on ebay but I don't know about amazon because they are probably batch selling.

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of May 2016

Guide is actually from march, anyone care to update it?

>gsmarena.com/oneplus_outs_first_teaser_video_for_the_op3-news-18600.php

>OnePlus has outed a video teaser of its upcoming OnePlus 3 smartphone. Released by OnePlus India on YouTube
>india
Fuck, they really know their audience.

Is the g5 as bad as everyone here says? On paper it looks to be my best option.

Things I look for:
Verizon, USA
SD Card Slot (must)
Waterproof
USB C
Metal
fingerprint scanner
not phablet
swap-able battery
low-light camera

aside from the meme-tech modularity of it which doesn't really harm anything besides apparently some phones didn't line up well, and a slight decrease in battery time I don't have a problem with it even though no other modules will probably ever come out. My other thought was the S7 but I really like USB-C and glass backed phones are retarded. Waterproofing sounds very nice though.

Thoughts?

I know it is an apple thing to say that androids lag over time but this is ridiculous.

I recently rooted/installed custom rom (Stock google play store edition) for my HTC one m8 and it is UNBEARABLY slow, it will occasionally have decent speed but holy fuck apps such as snapchat, and chrome are fucking atrocious. I thought by installing a clean ROM it would fix this because when I was running stock it was fast for a while then it started slowing down again. I don't even have that many apps, how do phones slow down so much over time? They always seem lightning quick for 6 months then degrade, way to fix this?

has anyone had any experience with a MSTAR product?

Thinking about getting the 2100.

I honestly don't know what to say. My Nexus 5 and redmi 3 pro are both very smooth, only phone I had issues with was the LG G3, and I blame the 1440p screen for that.

Never had an issue with my Note 4 when I had it, my current 6s Plus doesn't feel much different at all.

Also fingers crossed for a waterproof Note 6 this year. I miss sketching with a real Wacom stylus, 3D touch + finger doesn't cut it.

i have the same experience
do you by any chance have an app called My Data Manager installed? i feel like that might be the reason for why my phone is so slow but i dont know.

other than that yeah, my phones usually gets sluggish after 6-8 months. so fucking annoying.

Glad someone could relate, I looked into it a whiel ago and installed greenify to see what was taking up old resources, and phone was pretty low resource.

S6E/S7E users, can you run down the pros/cons of the curved screen?

Is it useful? Does it look nice? I'm unconvinced, but if the Note and Iphone are going that way it might be here to stay.

>Huawei is making the next nexus phablet again
skipping another year again I guess then

USA - Tmobile, Whats important:

-5.0~ screen. Anything bigger probably wont feel right.
-Tmobile 4g LTE support Band 12 a must. Support for other cheap carriers like republic wireless
-Good rear camera - Ideally samsung Galaxy S6 level or close to it.
-SD card 128gb slot.

Budget around $200-250. I just bought a G6 active in mint condition off ebay - clean IEME but it was fucking locked to AT&T and they said it was active on some users account. Now im back to square one with my battery dying 1st gen Moto E.

I have this piece of shit $10 Grocery Store phone and it won't write to the SD card at all even with root and SDFix.
Has Google fixed this issue and let you write to the SD card again? I'm thinking of getting a Note 6 when it comes out.

PS: The Grocery store phone is running KitKat.

Is it possible to downgrade from Marshmallow to Lollipop on Verizon phones still?

I know Verizon tried to use some trickery to prevent this sometime back.

Marshmallow is draining my battery much more than lollipop ever did on my galaxy s5 (g900v). That's even after letting it go through several charge cycles.

Iktf.
Same issue on my g3 and Nexus 5.

forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/555793-update-verizon-s-new-oe1-og5-ok3-updates-prevent-downgrading-rooting.html

appears using odin to flash the old software might brick your phone.

Currently have a Moto G, thinking about getting a Galaxy S4. Don't need a whole lot in a phone, but that would be a huge step up. $150 for one nearby that is unlocked and apparently unused. Should I?

Going with MetroPCS next week. I'm new to smartphones and was wondering if the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime was good for the money? I just need something able to tether 4G and is compatible with Metro.

I think you just cant downgrade to kitkat, you should still be able to downgrade to lollipop even with the verizon bootloader limitations.

Hey, my S7 is coming in a few days, what screen protector should I get?
I got a spigen case.

g5 is pretty much the only thing that meets those criteria, i think its the only modern phone with an sd card slot

>being this dumb
the 6p is good bro
just don't buy one for the first few months.....

is anyone else using c locker on andoird? it's the only way I can get a text clock that looks nice.

how do you make it a system app? so it performs faster.

Should I get an Iphone?

yes

What phone should I get for $400 or less, 3gb+ of ram, SD820, decent camera, and 32+gb of storage?

So does this second render basically confirm a curved screen for the Note 6(7)?

LeTV le 1 pro

Is the nexus 6p too big?

It has no microsd slot.

>muh music muhfugga

Literally don't care. Thanks for answering my question

If you think stuff in pic related is okay and you like getting cucked to death then sure. I used to own an iPhone 6 btw.

In my opinion yes, go for the 5X 32GB

>This phone with today hardware never

I have a 6P, came from the iPhone 6. It doesn't really feel that big to me. The side bezels are minimal and it doesn't feel that heavy either being that it's an aluminum unibody. If you're coming from anything in the 4"-5" screen range it probably wont freak you out.

How is that even relevant to the post, and if you're butt blasted about no SD get a 128GB version.

But we already know Samsung is working on a foldable phone

I'm planning to get an ASUS Zenfone 3 ZE552KL as soon as it launches in my country this June. I need a midrange phone and my budget is roughly $350. I guess the most important feature for me would be the camera. Second, would be battery life. I'm not expecting anything stellar but it should be decent,

Is there any other phone within that price range that I should be taking a look at? It must already be available or releasing very soon though as I urgently need to replace my phone.

What's the Moto G of chinkshit? I don't wanna spend $100+ since I only use my cel for call, text and maps.

zte warp elite. Don't trust all the other chink brands, they're shit.

My handwriting is a nightmare, but I really like the idea of being able to instantly jot notes with a Galaxy Note phone.

I assume handwriting to text is possible, but how good is the recognition?

Right up my alley. Thanks, user.

nope, still the best smart phone on the market

but u should wait for next nexus, and see what else google has coming

you did the opposite of fucking up,

congrats on your new amazing phone

Woah.

youtu.be/mnYhWGis7Uk

Why don't big brands make phones like this?

if you need that monstrosity on the back of your phone just to use it, you should seriously consider getting a smaller phone. That's why smaller phones exist.

I fell for it. Phone is completely bricked.

RIP

>Lurking threads since some months, lurking also local forums to find the cheapest s7 from a good store
>Decide to buy an S7
>The same day I buy it groupon offered it for 60 less dollars
>I missed it

Feels horrible, fucking luck

>small 4.5" nexus device with 32/64/128 gb and decent speccs
>or a msd slot (a man can dream)
That would be great

>What is HTC 10

USA-ired
$250 budget

Please help anons, I need a temp phone quick. My S6 is starting to drop calls and lose the network every few minutes. It's also slow to pick up signal after being inside/roaming. I live in NYC if that matters.

6p is the ugliest piece of shitty battery life that called itself a flagship since ever.

Details cutoff:
Require ATT LTE support and expandable storage.

Hey guys, I got a replacement Iphone and it says my sim is not supported. I've read about just using a supported sim but everyone I know uses the same provider. I'm in the US and my carrier is viaero, the phone is an iphone 5S while my other one was just a 5. Any help would be great.

Fuck off samshill/iPhag

Lel I had a g s6 and it was so bad I brought it back to the store. Only iPhone I owned was the 4s back then hadn't good battery life but both phones were still better than the memexus 5.
>muh security updates
>Just use the cloud™
>take a mouthful of googles cock you'll enjoy it!

>spent half of my salary to buy an iPhone 6S plus
>it's slower than my Nexus5
>screen's too big so it's awkward to use
>needs to enter Apple ID 2 times to set up everything
>can't play webm
Who buyer remorse here?

>thinking of getting nexus 5x because 32gb really is enough for me

can't think of anything that beats it that isn't a meme chinkphone which i don't want to deal with

First time poster on Sup Forums here
What's the best phone out on the market currently?

I've only been able to put away so much a month into my savings due to shit part time job. But now that I've been accepted a new job next month, I am free to just splurge out my most recent pay

S7

Galaxy S7 / Edge International (Exynos Soc) is objectively the best and most powerful.
Joint 2nd goes to HTC10, S7/E US, LG G5 depending on aesthetic preference.

If your phone lasts too long you won't buy a new one
Also probably does something to the internals that doesn't allow them to cram as much shit in while making it as thin as possible