Install windows 10 pro

>install windows 10 pro
>disable updates
>install avira antivirus
>install Drivers, Applications, and Games.
>everything works with zero issues

Why do so many people complain about windows 10? It works great for me.

>inb4 shill
>inb4 pajeet

I only use w10 on my desktop for muh games, I use Ubuntu mate on all my other computers.

Is Sup Forums really this tech illiterate?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
archive.is/OBGB1
archive.is/tW6fu
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U
archive.is/CEvKh
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh
archive.is/MB0Yy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you feel the need to install Avira. Doesn't the default Windows Defender work well enough?

I think its more the fact that people bought a Windows 7 license and would like to continue to use it. I use my Windows 7 Professional license for Windows Media Center for my XBox 360 as a Media Extender still, and thats a piece of software that Microsoft has abandoned.

Buy a Mac stupid

I use an AV because I don't update windows and I had a boot sector virus last year when I fell for the "common sense 2013 AV" meme

You should not have to fight with the OS to get it to stop fucking you over, and on top of this, there's the telemetry that you didn't even mention.

You might as well have just used Windows 7. It has better performance on games anyways, IIRC.

It doesn't. W7 is dx11. Windows 10 has dx 11.1 and dx12, so much better performance in games.

Battlefield 4 was 15% faster iirc.

Why do you need an antivirus if you supposedly only use Windows for gaming?

Any computer connected to the internet is vulnerable. Even with an AV it's not 100% secure against a virus, but it helps.

G confirmed for tech illiterate fucks

>install avira antivirus

Whoa there normie

>>>/reddit/

I see what you did there.

Because reddit works and g doesn't, that's why you can't stand something that works and is easy to use.

>something easier to use than nothing

kek that normie logic

Are you implying you're better than me because you refuse to use programs that work well and have an easy to use ui?
I bet you think gimp is better than photoshop too...

/thread

Confirmed.

Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:
archive.is/OBGB1

Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:
archive.is/tW6fu

Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx

Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input,
location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history,
even after related settings are turned off:
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U

Micrcrosoft automatically downloads Windows 10 on PCs running
Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (between 3.5GB and 6GB), even if
users have not opted-in:
archive.is/CEvKh

Windows 10 scans for illegal/pirated software:
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh

Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:
archive.is/MB0Yy

> Over 82 billion photos viewed.
> Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.
> 44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.
> Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
> Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.

i saw a surface once and i woke up covered in blood next to a 60gb zune

They can install whatever keylog they want on my pc. All they'll see is
>wwwwwwwwwaaawwwwwssdsdsdswwwwwwwwwwwwwww

steve balmer raped me

clippy called me a faggot once

>not using the secure boot feature of windows

Yep, that's how that happens

Kek.
Csgo fag

cortana fingered my waifu

And?

>avira antivirus
why

What's a better free alternative?

common sense

>using windows
>common sense
ok kid

Wow.

nothing wrong with a fresh windows 7
definitely don't need an anti-virus.

Ever wondered why Edge and OneDrive are hardcoded and cannot be removed from Windows 10? Because they are always running in the background even if your browser is not open. They are sniffing your activity and sending data to M$ at all times.

Windows 10 EULA is that of a service, not a software product. Go figure.

See

I don't give a shit because I'm not a pedophile or towelhead. All they'll see is some light gaming, pictures of my kids, swallow salon and emulators.

This. We're not illegals, we don't hoard cp, we don't have any problems with the law.

>anti virus
hahah

Advertisers pay big money for market research data, meaning your purchase habits, your family, your location and even your social media.

You are really comfortable with someone taking advantage of your personal information and making a ton of money? If I am going to sell my personal data to advertisers, I expect compensation. We are not some tools for corporations.

WINDOWS 10 introduced a new tablet service replacing the old one and making photoshop run like shit with my intuos 4 so FUCK YOU

Win8.1 with ClassicMenu is fine.
Why would I upgrade

for every windows that doesn't upgrade a pajeet is killed and/or starves

This desu.

Master race reporting in.

Fuck off, Deepak.

>>disable updates
ITT: things you wish you could do using W10

Your compensation is getting better products that you actually want to use you retard. Without having data to analyze there's no way for them to know what to improve your wise. Looking at where users most often keep their mouse cursors, where people rest their palms while typing on a laptop, what level of force is most commonly applied before dropping a laptop, how fast is the mean impact, where is a device most commonly impacted, what's the most common crash, what buttons are least used in chrome/iOS/Android/windows and can we remove or hide them, whats the most common website format. Etc etc fucking etcetera. Root metrics define every electronic and every product you use. It isn't ingenuity that makes Google move the settings button into a menu instead of always being on your task bar. They counted how many times people actually used it and decided "oh no one ever clicks this shit" and hid it to give more screenspace. Like holy shit how do you think produ ts are designed. It isn't magic, they analyze data sent to them by users to determine the list desirable feature set. Because if given a survey people will often lie because they don't know what the fuck they want half the time. All this muhh freedom shit is the reason Linux is so crappy. They don't look at this user data and attempt to guess what features people want.
>What are mother fucking root metrics

>I like having my information being shared without my permission or the option to refuse it and I'm sure it will only be used for things that will benefit me

How can I achieve this level of delusion

By actually working with large data sets at a fortune 50 company so you can understand what big data is even used for. You know. Like me. Companies want to make better products so they can sell more of them and make more money believe it or not. The data advertisers use is more often acquired from census data and extraloped or from purchases you make in stores. There's next to no reason for them to want biometric data from what you do in your computer or phone. It serves no purpose to them.

stupid piece of shit go kill yourself, "having problems" and "things dont work" was never even remotely a reason for people to hate on win10 you stupid fucking ape cunt shill and yet you present it like it was the only reason, fucking subhuman

>fighting the os is now considered flipping a few switches

Kek, that means that using Linux is like fighting the Mike Tyson of OSes.

>install win 10 on purpose
>wont give me gwx.exe
>find upgrade site for windows and download it
>5 hour download
>1 hour "verifying download"
>1 hour preparing to update
>"these programs need to uninstall"
>lists 3/20 hp bloatware programs (clean install, manufacture blaot is all that there is)
>uninstall them
>"we gotta restart your system for the un install dawg"
>fine, restart
>no win10 popup
>click the win10 icon now conveniently on desktop
>"yo accept the license, again niggy"
>*deletes all previous win 10 folders"
>"preparing your download"
>fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you
>...
>8 hours and one sleep later
>"these programs need to be removed"
>lists a single hp program
>fine, uninstall
>"time to restart dawg"
>hp and windows are niggers if you havnt figured this out
>restart
>fuck no pop up again
>go to win 10 directory and start it manually
>resume or restart install
>resume
>"opps it didnt work"
>fine restart
>"whoa nigger I dont know what youre talking about"
>go to programs and start removing everything
>fuck this
>brand new windows 7 install of just windows and no drivers
>only install my fucking lan driver, this is now a laptop that only has lan and no wifi
>visual C++ re distributable, .net, and my fucking lan is the only thing installed
>re downloading the update now
>93%
well see what the new problem is.
>mfw people have windows 10 install automatically and I cant even get it to install when I want it too

update:
>its now just sitting at 99% and has been for ages now.. idk if Sup Forums time is right, look at post times and do math.

Confirmed tech illiterate

how so? or are you just talking shit?

Why didn't you just download the iso and install? Takes thirty minutes maximum.

I didnt see an iso download, and its microshaft so I assumed that it had to be done in the most inconvenient way possible.

>hp and windows are niggers
just fucking get the image and use rufus to burn it onto a usb and boot into it you spastic child. And is this your first time installing windows or something? why the fuck didnt you port the binary installs for the drivers onto a seperate usb before you installed the fucking os. i might not be good with windows since i use linux most of the time, but it doesnt take a trained pilot to tell a plane driver that hes fucking retarded at his job if he crashes it into a building LOL

Did you even check their website?

>just fucking get the image and use rufus to burn it onto a usb and boot into it you spastic child.
On the windows site, linked to me by msn, they only have this get windows 10.exe thing so I just went with it.
And is this your first time installing windows or something?
Done hundreds of windows installations. This is my first time trying to get 10 to work. I switched to linux before windows 8 came out.
>why the fuck didnt you port the binary installs for the drivers onto a separate usb before you installed the fucking os.
Because I dont want the fucking drivers? I dont know what you are freaking out about pajeet.. windows 10's installer is failing to resume after it suspects incompatibility with hp's bundled software like foxit pdf reader, pagelift, file sanitizer, hp botnet for companies, youcame.. things like that.
after I installed 7 from the disc, I chose to put in the driver cd and only install lan to avoid any further incompatibilities, for example if windows 10 tries to bitch about synaptics drivers for my touchpad being incompatible.

yes, thats where I found the get windows 10.exe thats downloading this shit.

Windows 10 fucked my computer, I installed CloudReady (chrome os for real computers)

Confirmed tech illiterate

What do you expect?

Being on Sup Forums means you are already tech illiterate.

He thinks Sup Forums is full of computer scientists and electronics engineers.

He's one of the newfags/

1. Get Media Creation Tool from M$ website
2. Download Windows 10 Pro ISO
3. Burn ISO to USB key
4. Use Windows 7 or 8 license key to clean install Windows 10

Takes a few hours to get ISO and only 20 mins to clean install. No that I expect the niggers at Sup Forums to know this.

I hope he gets cooked like the normiefag he is.

>No that I expect the niggers at Sup Forums to know this.
Yes, because we all are IT.

I learned how to perform hardware maintenance, install variety of OS and how to operate Office before I hit puberty. You just need to be curious. I am an economics major, not IT.

I believe that.

confirmed for never actually using GNU

Me too

>I bet you think gimp is better than photoshop too...
If it's what you learned first, of course it is. People who prefer Photoshop were fed propaganda and used it first hearing that it was the go-to program for editing images.

DOS/Windows and related software are the easiest to use when compared with Linux. You have GUI and Google backing you up with any problem.

I don't understand, what is so difficult?

on my linux desktop it give me the option to download the windows 10 iso directly
on my windows laptop it makes me download the media creation tool.
I downloaded the tool and open it, and the installer thats been at 99% for like two hours now immediately just to "ok were ready to do this shit".

Anyway thanks for showing me where to get the iso from, they are going out of their way to keep this thing form people.

Nevermind, the installer just minimized, its still at 99%

And now you've gone full tard.

>hardware maintenance
WHat is Google
>Install variety of OS
heh. install wiz is not a big accomplishment kiddo
>Operate Office before puberty
laughed right here. Fresh off the boat from reddit kid? I don't think you know even one language.

Windows 10 has some hidden issues.

The installer at 99% is building the ISO and verifying the data. Often times during install you will see it getting stuck but it is working.

Another issue is reset PC option, when you do full cleaning of drive and data, it stays stuck at 99% for about 5 hours where it is wiping your HDD to ensure no data is recoverable. To a user unfamiliar with this, they might panic thinking the installation is fucked.

>clippy called me a faggot once

best clippy skin ever, loved that one

No but back in the 90's it was a pretty good start for me since I was poor and only had a 486 with Windows 3.11. I am not claiming to be a wizard and I don't know programming because I went into economics.

>all microsoft EULA is that of a service, not a software product.

Retroactively. Doesn't matter what ms product you use or had/have a license for ... everything is retroactively the same as current Win10.

Economics is about finance. You don't even know what the word means.

I'm tired as shit.. did he just say that dos is easier to use and has more support than linux?

Yes. This tard thinks dos is easy.

Do you want to know how to program?

It isn't?

I wasn't panicked, I'm just annoyed as hell.
arch that is a year out of date and running on a 700 mhz arm processor can update faster and with less issues than windows 7 that is a clean install running on a brand new i5.
I try to give up and go to windows 10 for a month just to finish this semester, and then I have this shit. Its like microsoft is broken at every turn.

All of this started because gwx or something broke dll dependencies of office and I wanted to reinstall instead of download botnet dlls to replace them.

wow.
dos isnt even hard or easy.. there is just nothing to it. Its like trying to fix a car with a childs plastic screw driver.

Do I care at all?

windows devs use windows daily. they don't need customer data to know it blows lmfao. apple doesn't need such data to keep os x overall solid and easy to use, because after several years they've refined it, unlike microsoft with windows, which has ALWAYS been absolute trash

Yes.

>to keep os x overall solid and easy to use, because after several years they've refined it,
No, they threw osx in the trash in about 2009 and stole a copy of linux, hacked together a de to look like osx and called it a day.
apple literally couldnt fix osx.

>mfw I just went to burn this pos iso and find like $50-$70 worth of blank dual layers
>mfw I cant find normal dvds

No rewritables?

last I checked dual layers were all non rewritables. So yea.
Also I found my blank dvds, so its all good.. like two spindles of those too.

I like to store operating systems on non-rewritable media.

Windows 7 without telemtry updates is great.
Windows 10 is garbage, heads up for those people using it, your system can and will break soon enough. I have tried W10 3 times on 3 different systems and all of them:
>Broke after 2 months (Programs not loading up, HDD navigation errors)
>Will have your Internet Speeds throttled by the OS phoning home (stayed at 70 ping and broke very often on W10, stays at 29 ping, no issues on same hardware)