AMD clarifies discrepancies in Computex Radeon RX 480 demo

During AMD's presentation at Computex 2016, the company showed no fear as it compared the new Polaris-basedRadeon RX 480 GPUtoNvidia's GeForce GTX 1080. The $700 Pascal-based powerhouse was tested inAshes of the Singularityversus a pair of the Polaris GPUs and came away a little embarrassed in this scenario. AMD presented a slide that claimed the GTX 1080 only managed 58.7 (we presume average) FPS, while the Radeons pushed out 62.5 FPS using the same settings.

>Robert Hallock, AMD's Global Head of Technical Marketing, madea postinthe official AMD sub-Redditsays this in his post:

>Ashes uses procedural generation based on a randomized seed at launch. The benchmark does look slightly different every time it is run. But that, many have noted, does not fully explain the quality difference people noticed.

>At present the GTX 1080 is incorrectly executing the terrain shaders responsible for populating the environment with the appropriate amount of snow.The GTX 1080 is doing less work to render AOTS than it otherwise would if the shader were being run properly. Snow is somewhat flat and boring in color compared to shiny rocks, which gives the illusion that less is being rendered, but this is an incorrect interpretation of how the terrain shaders are functioning in this title.

>The content being rendered by the RX 480--the one with greater snow coverage in the side-by-side (the leftinthese images)--is the correct execution of the terrain shaders.

>So,even with fudgy image quality on the GTX 1080 that could improve their performance a few percent, dual RX 480 still came out ahead.

Sources:
techreport.com/news/30241/amd-clarifies-discrepancies-in-computex-radeon-rx-480-demo

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4m692q/concerning_the_aots_image_quality_controversy/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D-x6PAopTjE
youtu.be/miQYoLc-Osg
youtu.be/rTv3u8dw74s
youtu.be/9YRcRBVSI-I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sauce on pic?

so many typos
this triggers the frog

How did that dog got there?

Brokenlynx

>Sup Forums will never fuck a qt robot, all they get are uncanny trap robots

So the RX 480 in crossfire is not only better than the 1080, Nvidia actually tried to squeeze more performance to get their FPS up and still lost. I think I need to hear Nvidia side on this if they will even respond.

That dog seems so calm up there... up how...
Brokenlynx is the artist.

>So the RX 480 in crossfire is not only better than the 1080
at AotS

What the hell am I looking at here?

A drawing stupid

Well of course, but it's so bad I couldn't even consider it as one.

Of course, you're only the finest connoisseur of 5 minute doodles :^)

You're really defensive about this drawing... did you draw it or something?

this

who is this girl and does she have testicles or a penis?

Evalion.

Watch leafy to find out more.

I want to be pegged by Lisa T. Su, I want her to make me ZEN!!

link..?

You could literally google search.

youtu.be/D-x6PAopTjE

youtu.be/miQYoLc-Osg

youtu.be/rTv3u8dw74s

youtu.be/9YRcRBVSI-I

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Sup ForumsET OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

It will be at most things, bro.

AMD always knew how to make things hot.

>TWO 480s are better than ONE 1080 in a specific example
amd confirmed for trash

>3rd video

I'm surprised the earth didn't crack in half with how hard this guy tipped his fedora.

Posted that yesterday and Nvidia shills jumped at me with their damage control.
>hurrff durrrf da bench is exactly the same every time!

Its not. Some of the map changes.

Well the 480 isn't even their flagship card, being priced for around ~200 dollars, some might go to crossfire RX 480s for a budget build.

>he only killed 6 million jews
Exaggerated. It was revealed to only be a couple thousand.

He's a commentator, what did you expect?