Hey Sup Forums, I got memed and bought a corsair PSU. Any brands you weeaboo bastards reccommend?

Hey Sup Forums, I got memed and bought a corsair PSU. Any brands you weeaboo bastards reccommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

jonnyguru.com/
jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=465
youtube.com/watch?v=KhvfKk0aR_I
tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

silverstone strider.

Short fully modular. Standard cable configuration since 2008(IE any custom cables made for their PSUs then will work in the latest ones)

Corsair PSUs are perfectly acceptable. Not wonderful nor the best price/performance but perfectly acceptable. Your right will run just as well with a Corsair power supply as it will with another one.

evga supernova is the only way to go user. They even releasing the g3 series soon.

Yeah, about that. My CX 750M literally broke after one year. I'm getting mine replaced under warranty until I get a different brand.

EVGA have been pretty good recently. I've got a SeaSonic in mine.

You want to check jonnyguru.com/ for PSU reviews, OP. He's legit: puts them on the oscilloscope to verify voltages and ripple, at different loads, both cool and in a hot box so you can see how they perform under pressure. And then he takes them apart to look at internal build quality.

Can't say fairer than that, really. That's a much better resource than anons on Sup Forums.

Corsair RMi series.

They are good because they're not actually manufactured by corsair.

Ohh nice, he rated the silverstone at a 9.3 jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=465

Anything oem super flower or sea sonic. Brand doesn't matter

be quiet!

Hi superflower, you won't regret it

I shill EVGA G2/GS pretty hard.
Can't really go wrong.

EVGA confirmed god tier PSU.
I've got one and its a worthwhile purchase
>good price
>fully modular
>gold gold gold gold
>keeps cool, no worries about housefires
>power delivery is solid, handles oc CPU+GPU like a dream
>10 year warranty on Japanese caps ie will last forever
Dunno what else you'd need from a PSU but it sure has been reliable for me, and I've yet to hear or see someone complain about an EVGA supernova.

I got a Corsair VS 450 like a retard, the fan makes a noise and it's a known problem. Not the same model, but same sound : youtube.com/watch?v=KhvfKk0aR_I

Don't fall for the "a budget PSU is fine" meme.

>Don't fall for the "a budget PSU is fine" meme.

>helped a friend set up a GAYMEN PC a few months back
>someone else was suggesting 'budget alternatives' to my parts
>Raidmax™ 80+ 'not even bronze' rated garbage with more than 50% negative reviews
I hate people sometimes. Stop the fucking memes.

>g550w
>define r5
>cant route the power cables to the side of the case because it's too short
>cant replace it either because semi modular

JUST

Corsair's AXi series are the best PSU's in the world. Don't lump them in with thar ither crap because you are a cheapskate that probably buys amd gpus too.

Seasonic is the only right answer

Basically this.

Just make sure you buy a tier one PSU tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

isn't the CX-series shit? I've been using a HX750 for 7 years now without any problems.

>isn't the CX-series shit?
It is. The parts they use officially don't work at temperatures higher than 30°C.

nothing wrong with corsair, personally I'd have gone with EVGA

So matter what brand you buy, if you buy low end PSUs, you're fucking yourself.

Corsairs RMi/x series are the sweet spot. Got a RM1000i myself, which recently got upped to 10 year warranty. Even with my 290X and OCed 5280K, it's always running passive.

EVGA doesn't even make their own PSUs, they just rebrand Super Flower or Seasonic units. Might as well buy from the original manufacturer.

Seasonics SnowSilent series would be my top pick at the moment.

i cannot believe i laughed at your retarded post, wp

CX/M/R are for developing countries hence shit. Go hx/i etc.

Top tier is G2 evga.

What's wrong with a Corsair rm750i? Decent build, japanese capacitors, 7 year warranty and very quiet. The g2 is louder.

>get Seasonic X650
>get fucking coil whine during idle
>get replacement
>still get the same coil whine
And I live in a third country where there's no such thing as refunds. Fuck this shit.

Third world country*

Im going for Seasonic 550 next month when I buy a new pc

Seasonic. Half of other brands (corsair one of them) using their internals and just slam another label. Or if you want to go for premium then Enermax.

Is 750w minimum for today's builds?

You dont need modular if you have a decent case (none of that mITX garbage)

Not at all, parts are far more power efficient these days. If you have almost ANY single GPU and single CPU you can get by with a solid 500w power supply.

If you are OCing heavily then 6-700w. If you have two GPUs 700w minimum. Three GPUs ~850w, four GPUs ~1000W. And of course if you're heavily OCing four GPUs and have a dual socket motherboard and are overclocking both CPUs, you could potentially need a 1400-1600w unit. Or even two PSUs.

same
their fans are dogshit and start making an annoying noise on higher speeds

Thank you. Does gold and bronze have too much difference?

Most gaming builds could get by with 300W.
An office PC will not even his 200W.

>2 PSUs

How good of an idea is this and do they have to be identical?

Still have my 525W corsair PSU from 2009. Still going strong :^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

I literally just got Corsair RM750x two days ago. Did I get memed, Sup Forums?

>using RM650 for over 3 years now
>not a single problem
>silent as fuck, no coilwhine

What's with the Corsair hate lately?

Is mine from a time when they were still good or what is happening?

Seasonic. Top quality. Never cheap out on the PSU unless you like fried chips.

Mmmmmm, chips

>talking shit about corsair
>providing no proof about happenings

Is this am EVGA shill thread?

>scroll thread, nobody recomment seasonic
Sup Forums confirmed for being techilliterate reddits

seasonic platinum series is the single best PSU line on the market atm.
every meme company like corsair buys their titan cert. parts from them because they are to shit to make good parts themself.

Also 10yrs - lifetime warranty

3 posts above yours retard.

there is literally nothing wrong with the rm750i. It depends on what you want: cheaper and less noisie, go with corsair; more expensive and autistic quality, go seasonic.

Basically just CX that are Toasted PC edition.

Move along youngsters.
My Pentium shitbuild from 15 years back survived two burning psu's like the one in the pic.
Than I had a athlon x2 3600+ poorfag setup with a chieftec psu.

I remember times when chieftec used to be a respected company.

great, i have a CX.

Seasonic master race

I've got an RM series, well worth it, it's silent