The RX 480 draws 96W under load. 96W

The RX 480 draws 96W under load. 96W.

youtu.be/PJ5wYVu-tM8

NVIDIOTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

hardforum.com/threads/from-ati-to-amd-back-to-ati-a-journey-in-futility-h.1900681/page-31#post-1042333971
overclock.net/t/1601749/amd-polaris-based-rx-480-and-high-performance-solutions-announced-at-computex/770#post_25222035
forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29540534&postcount=867
forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=157414&highlight=1080
arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/02/directx-12-amd-and-nvidia-gpus-finally-work-together-but-amd-still-has-the-lead/
techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080/28.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hardforum.com/threads/from-ati-to-amd-back-to-ati-a-journey-in-futility-h.1900681/page-31#post-1042333971

>My sources at AMD tell me that the Polaris 10 is coming up very short in the clocks department.

It's 150W AYYMD HOUSEFIRES for less performance than 150W GTX 1070

The GTX 1070 draws quite a bit more under load - various tech sites have already disproven NVIDIA's bullshit.

Ah, another video from the based Scotsman!

No, nope, nada, wrong.
480 uses at least minimum 150W under low load, up to 200W under gaming and more under stress tests, damage control AMD shills are pathetic

where's SiliconDoc when you need him

This is awfully cute.
Nvidia must really be panicking about a card that isn't even close to its new card' price range.
I wonder what it means.

fucking tripcode nigger posting the same comment under each AMD thread.

Dafuq, if this is true, amd will be the richist company in the world. They can only draw 150 w from the power supply, so if what you say is true, they can generate 50 w from nothing.

It's time to stop posting, friend.

Its over.

>hardOCP
People still take them seriously?

Kyle was completely right about everything

Nope. Actually what got a lot of review sites worried (including hardocp - kyle is just acting like a child about it) is the unspoken rule of "don't badmouth us without reason" within the gpu review circle was busted open when AMD openly refused kitguru a nano sample. Kyle then boasting about being rude as part of a conference call also earnt AMD's anger.

This has actually shaken a few things up behind the scenes as more than a few sites have realised AMD isn't going to place nice if you start talking shit about them for no reason.

overclock.net/t/1601749/amd-polaris-based-rx-480-and-high-performance-solutions-announced-at-computex/770#post_25222035

> We have more and more incoming today, tomorrow, Friday and next week. By Friday we should have around 500 units with a further 1000 units due next week and a further 20,000 units by end of June (includes 1070).
>forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29540534&postcount=867

>20000 units for both
Its okay guys it's not a paper launch

And that's a month from now.
Stock must be laughable right now.

Same were said with various nVidia cards, but manufacturers usually throw that spec out the window when they come out with overclocked, non-reference cards.

>what Nvidia promises them they will get
>what they recieve

These two numbers might not be the same.

forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=157414&highlight=1080

Interesting information as far as the 1080 is concerned.

There's a hidden zero point module built inside the card, dummy.

>Kyle then boasting about being rude as part of a conference call also earnt AMD's anger.
I read that article, it was quite hilarious. He really drew it out to childish proportions, saying he instantly hung up when he heard something and then saying he knew about things only mentioned after he allegedly hung up.

I mean, I'm not an AMD fanboy but his behaviour was unacceptable. Journalists should be held to a higher standard than that.

> then saying he knew about things only mentioned after he allegedly hung up.

Brent was still in the call.

>isn't going to play nice if you talk shit about them for no reason

Then don't talk shit. Seriously.
How retarded do you have to be?

Ask Kitguru.

To me the nano drama is part of AMD aggressively attempting to change its image - they no longer will take all the shit that goes with playing second fiddle of Intel and Nvidia that has been heaped upon them in years past and (in this case) tech sites are learning the hard way AMD is now playing to win.

These people aren't journalists you mongoloid. These people are the equivalent to webdev code monkeys with problem glasses and hair dye.

>Being Scandinavian
Topkek. How are those immigrants treating you?

So what the hell am I supposed to buy? 2 rx 480s for 400 or a gtx1080 and watch 200 bucks fly away for name branding? This is so frustrating.

2 RX 480s. It's a no-brainer.

What about spending a little more for 2 1070s?

Define "little"

$358 usd more compared to 2 480s or $150 usd more than a single gtx 1080.

>get 2 RX 480s for 400$

or

>pay 360$ more
>"a little more"

Oh well. It's your money. Enjoy your shitty SLI scaling.

Wait for the 490

crossfire/sli is obsolete with dx12 multigpu

>waiting the waiting game when wait is already over

arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/02/directx-12-amd-and-nvidia-gpus-finally-work-together-but-amd-still-has-the-lead/

is the RX 480 the new HD 7850?

i'd think the performance boost is even greater

So you want performance? CF is literally dogshit and there won't be any mainstream dx12 game for at least 2 years

By 2 years you would upgrade anyway

6870*

Do you only play AotS? Get amd

I play every AAA title out there.

But that's wrong. The PCIe slot + one six pin power connector = 150w. That means the rx 480 can only draw 150w maximum. That's what AMD means when they said it's 150w. Nvidia said that the 1070 is 150w because it draws 150w from its 8 pin power connector, plus 75w from the PCIe slot, for a total of 225w maximum power draw for the gtx 1070.

About as much as an adult makes in a few hours, maybe a day depending how low on the rung you are.

Then you want the 1080

Games have to be coded to take advantage of that. A small minority of people have multi GPU set ups, I doubt that most devs will design their games for that. I bet at most, game devs will code their games to offload some tasks to the integrated Intel GPU almost everyone has, but who knows if that will scale well to two full sized graphics cards.

If you buy Nvidia you'll play the games maxed at 60+ fps from day one.
With AMD you'll do the same. 3 months later after the game is already dead and forgotten.

You forgot that 2 years later AMD is 25% more powerful than nvidia.

>hardocp

>completely right

Kyle pls

This is just embarrassing.

but will the rx 480 get me a gf?

No user - there is no technological cure for being a neckbeard.

>Enjoy your micro stutter

Electric trimmers exist.

it's vr ready

who knows what might come of that, eh?

AMDOMINATION INCOMING

>people take any of this shit even remotely seriously
Man I forgot how autistic Sup Forums really is

So wait, I can get better than 290x performance on a card that stays around 60c?

No, your inner neckbeard.

>reference cooling

Slap an arctic accelero on that and overclock it to the moon.

>No, your inner neckbeard.

>buy aftermarket that costs >$50
Wouldn't it be better to sell the 290X for $200 and then get RX480?

Seems like a no brainer to me. Even if equivalent, the temps/power should be low enough.

Problem is because the 480 is going to offer that sort of performance (if not better) who is going to want to buy a 290x for that money? The 480 is going to gut the used card market - since the announcement prices have already begun to fall as people try and cash out quick.

$150 then

Then by bolting on your 50 burger aftermarket cooler you are right back where you started.

Billy has a liquidated $500 disposable budget left over from his last paycheck. He can't decide which 2016 graphics card to buy. Suzy wants Billy to take her out to dinner at a fancy restaurant, that will probably cost around $50. Billy knows he won't get sex until his next paycheck if he decides to spend it all on a graphics card.

>there's only two solutions to Billy's problem

>A) Billy buys two rx 480's, eats well and gets laid

>B) Billy gets a new job, so he can afford the 1080, nice meal, and sex.

everybody wins

Billy buys a PS4.

Billy should install gentoo

billy dumps his girlfriend and buys whatever he wants

amd cards are so great

I like a lot of his videos, but I'd imagine that the power draw is really close to 150

Impossible, dipshit. Only PCI-e and 6-pin connector

I think his estimates are off, too, but not that far. I'd wager it's something like ~110.

Factory overclocked cards from the other suppliers will throw that out the window though. Fully expecting those to be pushing 140+, if not more with an 8 pin instead of a 6 pin.

Are you fucking retarded?

7870 m8, price/performance king

Early leaks did state 100-120watts, which puts it inline with the ~2.5x ppw increase. Add some frame rate limiting and some under volting and it would be very easy to drop that under 100 watts I think, or at least drag is down if it really is 150watts.

>Factory overclocked cards from the other suppliers will throw that out the window though.
I hope so. I sort of want to get one of these so I can play around with moderate overclocking or even under clocking again. My r9 290 was okay for that, but now I've moved into the city it really is does turn up the heat during summer inside my small room.

Just get a 1060 mate when they release.

Price vs performance king is basically the 290.

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080/28.html

I hope they have custom boards with 8pins, would be pretty neat. Powercolor plz!!

I don't exactly agree with his opinion on the future naming convention
without the "X" suffix, we might see:
Polaris 11: RX 470
Polaris 11 (full): RX 475
Polaris 10: RX 480
Polaris 10 (full): RX 485
Vega: RX 490
Vega (full): RX 495

basically the "5" replacing "X"
the R7 series might be integrated into lower numbered RX series cards

Billy is a idiot for willingly keeping a money parasite on him at all times.
Ergo Billy should contemplate suicide.

>15 minutes
Sweet fucking jesus, what can he possibly talk about? I'll watch it anyway, but fuck.

I don't think it's going that way

Polaris 11: Rx 460
Polaris 11 full : Rx 470
Polaris 10 : Rx 480
Polaris 10 full : Rx 490
Vega : Fury Replacement
Vega Full : Fury X Replacement

bring back pro and xt monikers, they even used them recently on their internal code names until supposedly Polaris.

>10 20 30

What is it even benchmarking?

Ashes frame timing

I liked the idea of using words instead of numbers for naming cards, like Fury, Geforce, stuff like that. They could even have kept the codenames imo. Poolaris was catchy.

>tfw I finally started spending more time shitposting about GPU's than actually using one

thank you for all that you've taught me, Sup Forums.

>he actually trusts AMD when they say "better efficiency" and makes calculations based on that
I didn't realize people were dumb enough to believe press slides ever, regardless of which company they come from.

Webm related: Nvidia

That was actually a good analysis. Can we expect a 490 announcement at e3?

Single RX480 as placeholder until 1080Ti and Vega land

96. That's as many as 12 8's, and that's terrible.

Which is a rebrand of the 7970

Hawaii was a new chip back then, the 7970 was a monster but it's not what it's in the 290, it became the 280X
The 290 used cut down Hawaii

>Nvidiots are this pathetic and tech-illiterate

I just bought a R9 390 6 months ago

Any reason not to buy it ?

Also the value point being, in early 2015, a few months before they went EOL and weeks before 3.5gate, the 290 dropped down to £210/$250 which made them a steal at the time.

Thank you AMD for the new GPUs