Walk away from laptop

>walk away from laptop

>come back

>CPU fan is going fucking insane

>its really hot

>"wake" computer up by moving mouse

>immediately stops

Every single fucking time, every single mother fucking time i come back to my computer and its on but the screen is off, the fan is shitting itself, and then it slows down after i go to see what the fuck is using so much of it

I cant wait for my computer to die for no fucking apparent reason at fucking all

And reading forums, fucking everyone has this problem for windows 8 exclusively, and no one knows what the fuck it is

God fucking dammit what the fuck

pic fucking related my fucking face when

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3053711
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

then throw your windows in the trash and switch to whatever linux distribution

It's the task scheduler's idle task for system maintenance; indexing files for search (shitty since Vista, much improved in 10), optimising .NET CLR assemblies, cleaning up Windows Update manifest folders that kind of shit.

It runs at Idle priority and is specifically told to only run when you're away from the machine, and stop when you're back.

I think you can even see it in the Task Scheduler?

You're welcome.

>windows
>ever

>not installing gentoo

[Obligatory Miner-ware post]

I've had this since Windows 7 all the way up from Windows 8 to 8.1. It's supposedly Windows "optimizing" things when you're not using your PC.

1. Format HDD
2. Clean install Windows
3. Disable hibernate/sleep mode
4. Disable system restore
5. Disable fast restart

Basic tweaks for laptops. Don't be a nigger.

It's sending your shit to M$

>windows
>TrustedInstaller.exe

I fucking hate this process.

Whenever it comes up I don't know what the fuck it is installing. All I know is that it has access to files that even I, as an administrator user, can't touch.

install linux

>he didn't buy a mac

Well if he bought a Mac it would be more like
>CPU fan is going fucking insane
>its really hot

Unless he bought a Macbook, in which case it would be
>its really hot

>Windows Driver Foundation

install 8.1

Is your username 'user'?

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3053711

If you're on Windows then when your computer is idle it does updates, Defrags your hdd's, indexes files for better search and performance and a few other stuff.

>run my PC in airplane mode to avoid wifi for the moment.

>finally connects to the net and the fan immediately takes off on high speed.

This is a clean install, but someone probably went into my room anyways and did something to it.

Thoughts?

After using Windows 10 and Arch Linux, I was put on suicide watch. I think I am beginning to see why people pick Macs and OSX to avoid the needless drama. You need a system that is aesthetically pleasing and actually makes you feel comfortable when you use it. OSX combines the best of Linux and Windows to deliver a brilliant OS.

Once I get a job, I am buying a Mac immediately.

Windows Update obviously.

Fan on high speed means processor or GPU are being raped by some process. Usually happens when I create/extract big compressed archives or running Windows update.

In your case, when you connected to the net, it immediately began Windows update which is known to take CPU/HDD usage close to 100%.

>OSX
>comfortable
Enjoy your shattered dreams.
Just admit it, you're too stupid to use a computer properly

Why didn't you make the network a metered connection user?

I dunno, really don't use the home network since too many weird family members doing shit to it. They even have the modem in their bedroom.

Learn what the fuck is running on your own hardware you fucking mongoloid.

You should make it a habit to make every network you connect to metered.
It's the only way to have some control over your network traffic. It literally doesn't affect anything other than Windows itself.

>not using TakeOwnership on every file in your computer

>walk away from laptop
>goes into sleep mode a couple of minutes later
>CPU fan goes loud as shit
>minutes went by
>laptop "wakes up" by itself
>rinse and repeat

Fucking Windows 7...

>Laptop
Found the problem

>he fell for the windows meme

>MBP owner
>cool as ice

Don't speak about things you have no experience with.

Would help if you turned it on. Or do you have no vcore? Maybe you should send it to Rossmann.

> Walk away from MacBook
> come back
> everything is silent and normal
> not hot
> wake computer by moving mouse
> everything just keeps working
True story, I also manually control my fan speeds with smcFanControl.

The shill is strong in this one

This.

I deleted the entire GWX folder, it's tasks, and all services/logs related to it thanks to T.O.