How much ram are you running and why is it less than 8 GB?

how much ram are you running and why is it less than 8 GB?

>and why is it less than 8 GB?
It's not.

16. Recently upgraded to play rust.

8, was more than enough in 2009, still a lot today.

Because I'm not running Windows.

128 MB because IBM soldered 32 MB into my shitpad and using a larger module size will make my total RAM capacity not a perfect power of 2, triggering my autism to no end

I've had 8GB of RAM since ~2007.

Upgraded to 32GB when I built my X99 rig a few months ago. Spent less than I spent when I bought that 8GB back in 2007.

32GB here.
So fucking fast!

I fell for the 8gb is more than enough meme.

STOP BUYING RAM BECAUSE SOME FAG ON THE INTERNET TOLD YOU TO!

EVERYBODY USES HIS/HER COMPUTER FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES NOT EVERYBODY NEED 8GB RAM TO GET ALONG AND MANY PEOPLE CANT GET BY WITH 8GB. YOU KNOW THE BEST WHAT WORKS FOR YOU STOP MAKING THIS RAM THREADS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2^7
It is a shame you couldn't accomplish a perfect power of two number.
2^8

ITT: ultrapoorfags

640kb

It's 2^27, actually

I have 512kb

is that good?

lol kill yourself sperglord

6. because you literally don't need more

>prob a amiga, macintosh or atari fag
suck it, 640kb pc-xt master race

what is it cuntboy some fat neckbeard made you buy 128gb ram while you only use 2gb?

4gb
No need for more yet

8gb is the new 256mb

This. I saw a 8GB stick of crucial RAM go for $14 in microcenter last week.

8 GB

4GB because I'm using my chromebook at the moment. My desktop does have 16GB though.

G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16

For my next X99 5820k build (Next month)

>chromebook
dumbass

It's pretty good for running Arch.

It's what, actually, because 2^8=256 and 2^3=8?

6 because I ran out of slots.

I literally have the RAM next to me. Just can't put it anywhere.

16GB. Pretty comfy. I fell for the meme but it is comfy.

>CL16

>he overpays for 8GB DIMMs

128 GB

It's ok but 256 GB would be more cozy

DDR3 or 4?

64 gb ECC ram

DDR3 of course. DDR4 is still a little bit more expensive.

You can't notice the diference between cl15 and cl14 ;)

16gb of glorious ddr3 senpai.

Nope.jpg

I remember on Sup Forums when everyone was saying you don't need 4 GB unless you use VMs or professional software.

adobe aftereffects uses 45gb ram.

2 gigs of ddr 1 ram on a dell latitude

Great processor choice. Love mine to death, but I went with a Crucial 4x4GB kit.

same
256MB is overkill for shitposting and MS Office anyway

Times change family. I used to think having more than 1GB of RAM in ~2005 was fucking insane. Now look at us, shitdroid can't even run with 1GB of RAM and having less than 8GB of RAM on a desktop causes programs to run out of memory over time.

Wirth's law may be real, I'm not really sure but desktop RAM is getting cheaper and 2GB RAM phones can be had for under $100 so I don't really care.

Currently running 16GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM, but I recently upgraded the case and GPU and decided to get 32GB DDR3 2400mhz that match the case.

Honestly, it is overkill, but fuck it, RAM is so cheap right now.

8GB.

Should I upgrade? I often play some new games maybe some months after release. AAA shit.

if you have to ask, that pretty much answers your question doesn't it?

>Great processor choice. Love mine to death, but I went with a Crucial 4x4GB kit.>>

some noticeable improvement between choosing a 4x4 or 8x8 kit ¿? (Same Mhz, CL, V etc.)

No, not really.

Most days I use about 3-7 of it. Some days I hit 8-12+.

Underrated post, bill

4 because I never bothered to upgrade my T400

24gb, had 8 bought 16 more. Feels great never closing Firefox tabs and still being able to play gaymes on my second screen .

Jesus

>adobe

Why is everything they make piece of shit bloat and why arent there decent alternatives?

Does more RAM mean more power usage?

6GB in my desktop and 5GB in my laptop
>why is it less than 8GB
I don't needlessly upgrade my hardware.

4 Gigs. Been this way since I bought it in 2008.

>tfw fell for the 16 GB rom

its not bloat. its necessary. rendering just takes vast amounts of ram. a lossless 1080p video takes about 12 gigabytes per minute and for doing good video editing having the full thing in ram preview is essentially necessary. i'm upgrading to 384gb ram sometime this year.

Why do you need 32 gigs user?

0B because i have a hard drive

8GB is enough %80 percent of the time.

>384gb

My man what is wrong with your life

that's the maximum amount my system can handle

600 petabytes of RAM

Ayyy lmao same

Top fucking kek is this bait?
I can edit 1080p video on my old 2012 ultrabook with 8GB. It's a little painful but gets the job done.
First off, rendering doesn't use RAM. You're just wrong on that.
Having the entire fucking video loaded to RAM is just plain stupid and inefficient. There are quality settings for the preview for a reason.

8 cuz I play on ps4. Sue me.

>tfw only 4 GB
I wake up in the morning wishing I didn't
[spoiler]that has nothing to do with ram tho[/spoiler]

12gb on my desktop and 8gb on my laptop.

good enough for me, but my autism demands to up the RAM on desktop PC so it'll be 16Gigs running in dual-channel (yes I know gains are abysmal).

Have been on 16 GB since 2011.

man i am perfectly aware of what i am talking about. 32 cores will use between 44 and 50gb ram. here, i'll take a screenshot to show you.

4gb because I spilled water into my tower and one of my ram modules croaked. This is unbearable for watching videos via flash or playing vidya games.

6.7 because the rest of my 8 is allocated to graphics on my APU, so I'm told.
But if ram becomes an issue, it can be reallocated back, so I'm told.

More ram is better.
Its technologically better than less ram, assuming it has the same or better latencies. Why would you call this a meme?
>tfw no 1 tb ramdisks

16GB, need it for Blender physics, also it costs like £20 for 8GB, stop being poor

because its enough for my needs

I play witcher 3 and it uses 9.5 ram, I have 16 ram but my witcher crashes when it uses more than 9.5 ram which is strange...

>gtx 980
>60 Hz
why

Some games have a really high RAM usage. Some actually microstutter a bit with 8gb. I'm thinking of upgrading.

>2016
>2gb
haha oh wow

>how much ram are you running
16GB.
I couldn't even run Chrome with a mere 8 GB.

I have been using 4GB since 2010. Never had any problems running gaymes and applications like Photoshop.

>no heatsink

enjoy your RAM overheating

>using sub 2400mhz RAM

I'm running for some reason. Default ram on computer

Not him but I did the same because Newegg had a deal on some low frequency stuff. I use it as a ramdisk unless I am screwing around trying to max it out with some program I write. Even then I barely ever get to 8 so it is pretty pointless. The only time I ever get to >30 is when I have firefox open with my 4,898 tabs.

basic abilities of windows didnt really change since vista, so your point is invalid
the only thing that changed is the appearance
also kys

I was at 16GB, now at 12GB because one module died on me. 8GB is barely anything if you want to deal with virtual machines.

>4,900 tabs
jesus christ

it clearly says 200GB user

32GB
Because I can

Used 4GB for ages then upgraded to 16GB. Now waiting for another 16gb kit to arrive so I'll max out the board at 32gb. Didn't really need it but since ram prices are in the toilet now I figured why not.

8GB here (pic related). Am I cool now?

Save the money, buy a better camera, and take a photography course, please :)

That's 1333 Mhz RAM you fucking dumbass.

128gb
I use it for facebook and Sup Forums

>MFW 2 gigs of fast, low latency DDR2 for my C2Q6600 was 100$