Just be careful okay Sup Forums?

just be careful okay Sup Forums?

>sitting is harmful

living is harmful

I don't care anymore. leave me alone.

hope it fucking kills me

literally all bullshity

The only actual thing harmful about sitting all day long is that it makes you burn very little calories throughout the day (close to your BMR) and thus you become fatter more rapidly and are more likely to become obese. This obesity is what causes all those other problems mentioned not the act of sitting.

If you have a healthy BMI then sitting all day long won't do jack shit to you. So the problem here is obesity not sitting all day long.

>blood clots which can travel to the Brian
Stopped reading there

/thread

>back
How is standing up supposed to stop weight piling up on your spinal cord?
If anything sitting down reduces it.

Or do you suggest we go back to our natural position of walking on all fours?

Imagine an infographic like this, say, 50,000 years ago, warning people of the health hazards of walking upright.

No fuck you. Humanity will adapt to sitting like we adapted to walking.

life is hard enough without all this, user.

at least I'm not sucking dick for crack in a dingy alley.

>The only actual thing harmful about sitting all day long is that it makes you burn very little calories throughout the day (close to your BMR) and thus you become fatter more rapidly and are more likely to become obese. This obesity is what causes all those other problems mentioned not the act of sitting.
>If you have a healthy BMI then sitting all day long won't do jack shit to you. So the problem here is obesity not sitting all day long.
Wishful thinking.

At the very least, sitting is also bad for your back. It puts it in an unnatural position for extended periods of time and fucks up flexibility and form. It also decreases flexibility in your hip flexors which pull you back out of alignment even more.

If you ever have a back injury, no physical therapist ever will tell you that you should sit down more.

Ironically none of that is in that retarded infographic, which I agree is a shit infographic.

Because it's a shit infographic. However sitting does cause your spine to be in an awkward position. Walking is less stressful to your spine than sitting is, but it's not due to weight (which is roughly the same.

what do you mean? Are you not seeing "brain"? maybe you've sat for too long...

When I'm not sitting I'm doing full bridges

>At the very least, sitting is also bad for your back. It puts it in an unnatural position for extended periods of time and fucks up flexibility and form. It also decreases flexibility in your hip flexors which pull you back out of alignment even more.
True. Sitting for 8 hours a day without standing up is not what the human body was designed for but again this is only a significant problem if you are obese. Human bodies were not designed to support an extra 100kg+ of body fat.

When you hear about people having back or neck problems/pains it's not gonna be 70KG Dave with a healthy BMI of 22. It's either going to be 140KG Bob with a morbidly obese BMI of 44 or old man rivers down the street with an age of 70.

You can get a desk that switches between them how about that

I'm 6"2 with 180 pounds or something like that and my upper back suffers from the bullshit desk setups, also my wrists.

Do more pushups

what do you mean? Are you not seeing "brian"? maybe you've sat for too long...

>my upper back suffers from the bullshit desk setups
Are you sure? You have a pretty healthy BMI. Are you getting plenty of water (~2 liters/day) and sitting in an air conditioned room? Dehydration and staying in a hot room are common catalysts of back pain for people with a healthy BMI.

>also my wrists.
No that's your fault for not resting every once in a while. You're not supposed to be typing at 120 WPM for hours without breaks you know.

I even got the topre meme board novatouch to see if that would help and now the keys are heavy compared to my reds which is actually shit.

For some weird reason all pain disappears if I type with the keyboard on my laptop, maybe that will give you the clue for my problem.

Also my AMD card heats up my room consistently.

Keyboard on my lap*

Very important edit

>mfw I sit down all day yet I'm an underweight skeleton

>Also my AMD card heats up my room consistently.
Yeah look into that, there's a reason people pay out of their ass for AC units, humans cannot live outside the 15-22C (59-72F) temperature range without problems. Maybe underclock the card a little.

>Keyboard on my lap*
It may not be where you place the keyboard but the keys themselves. Scissor switch keys cause less strain on fingers because of how little force is required to actuate them. Consider buying a scissor switch usb keyboard like the Kensington Slim Type on amazon.

>humans cannot live outside the 15-22C (59-72F) temperature range without problems.
By that logic you and your ancestry line for the past 10k years couldn't possibly exist.

And since you mentioned slim type how is the slim blade and trackball in general?

I'm not saying humans can't survive outside of those temperature ranges. Just saying they bring problems like back pain and neck pain. Try sleeping in a 32C/89.6F or 5C/41F environment for a night and tell me how "refreshed" you feel in the morning.

Based retard

Not sure, I've never used a trackball as a mouse. Always had bluetooth/wired mice. Not sure if it's just a meme or if it would offer legit improvements to ergonomics.

Trackballs are nice. You won't have to move your hand as much just to move a cursor on the screen. And most of the trackballs I've used have been pretty ergonomic, with arches in just the right position.

>not sitting on a yoga ball
Ha! Ha! Ha!

Kill brian before brian kill you.