Explain to me

What is the big deal here? I am monitoring VGAs for 10+ years and two midrange GPUs always performed better for a lower price than the current single chip king.

So why is everyone freaking out about it now?

cause two amd can be bought for less than a single nvidia

>two midrange GPUs always performed better for a lower price

No that never happened. If you feel like im wrong then back up your claim with evidence you shitbag.

The price point. Can you show when a pair of $200 GPUs beat a $700 one? Because a 270X crossfire config certainly couldn't.

The Combined speed of two Priuses is faster than the top speed of the LaFerrari.

>AYYMD NEEDS 300W TO BEAT GTX 1080 BY 3FPS

TOP KEK

97*2=300?

GTX960
GTX760
GTX660
GTX560
GTX460
GTX260
9600GT
two were always cheaper and faster than a single 8 series GPU

any other questions?

>felt the need to correct one cap in a shitpost

is this what autism is?

>So why is everyone freaking out about it now?
Because Sup Forums is retarded. It's the same thing with the shock that the 1070 equals or betters the 980Ti. Go look at the 970 and 780Ti benches - you'd see the same results.

really bad analogy. In fact it doesn't work at all.
In computing, raw compute power can be stacked. Quite a bit different than simply adding to numbers together, with no effect on the real world what so ever (as in your car example)

That's bullshit though. Also
>back it up with evidence
>names a bunch of GPUs but still no evidence

You're going to need a source to back that up because I can show you right here that 960 SLI wasn't even close to 980 Ti performance. Pretty damn sure it's the same with all the rest.

>comparing a high-end nvidia card to a midrange bang-de-la-buck AMD card

I'll wait for the higher end 14nm AMD cards to appear before I make my judgement

google images search:

9800 gtx vs 9600gt sli
GTX280 vs GTX260 sli
GTX960 sli vs GTX980

are you that retarded? its 1 search away dumbfuck

>980 ti

get your brain checked moron

AMD and I are comparing non Ti retard

Sounds like something a Prius driver would say.

Maybe you should get your brain checked because the post specifically mentioned a $700 price point. The 980 launched under $600. If you have been following this long enough you should know the naming has been irrelevant for a while now. And 960 SLI doesn't beat the 980 either so it's moot anyway.

Not that user but you might want to get yours checked, as if look at the picture they posted. The standard 980 is still better at 120% performance of 960 SLI.

that...user come on

>ashes of the singulariy
Still with the meme tho.

>tfw your GPU is as fast as 10 fast GPUs

You made the claim, you back it up shitlord. I'm not doing your work for you.

He already got his 960 SLI is better than an 980 debunked by the image at

But what if you did 1080 sli?

Why didn't they put $400 instead of

the 8GB version costs 230$

I'm expecting a TON of shitposting when people try to use the 4GB versions and get lesser results

I love how my R9 290 is still viable in most of these

>and get lesser results

They won't. I had 290x 4GB crossfire and upgraded to 290x 8GB crossfire because I got a good deal and there's zero difference. 8GB is a meme as of now. I doubt it'll change for another year at the very least.

>What is system power consumption

A retard like you obviously doesn't know anything

GTX 1080 180W
2 AYYMD HOUSEFIRES 300W FOR 3 FPS MORE

AYYMD, SIMPLY CAN'T COMPETE

>DX12 and Vulkan both have Split Frame Rendering
>have two gpus in crossfire
>both have 8GB framebuffers

Suddenly, you have WAY more headroom available for turning up graphical settings, and an even greater benefit when it comes to VR