Will the 6s be the last good iPhone?

will the 6s be the last good iPhone?

7 won't have a headphone jack

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Runtime
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigga the iPhone peaked with 4 and the 5s was the last one worth buying

You're so damn right. The iPhone can't compete with the HTC 10

lol yeah people would buy a HTC over an iPhone.. right.

iPhone SE?

>last good iPhone

That would imply there was ever a good iphone.

every iphone has been a hit

the only one that I would really call a bust was the 5 and 6

They would if they looked at the spec sheet

/thread

Why are they even doing it? A phone thinner than a headphone jack would feel weird and fragile anyway. I know it's so they can get jewbucks from the lightning connector, but come on. Any iPhone owner I know thinks it's dumb.

That's when phone companies started giving them away for """"free""""

>every iphone has been a shit

Sorry, fixed my typo.

>he thinks popularity = quality
Classic Apple sheep

>implying that specs are the only thing to look at when buying a phone

I don't know how I feel about the 7 not having a headphone jack. I feel like if they are really going to remove it, they should include a splitter in the box. At the same time, I would hate to walk around with my headphones plugged in the 3.5mm and a lightning cable hanging off the side, useless. So then i feel like they should include one that's just a 3.5

Overall I feel like it's not worth the inconvenience.

This. That's why they had to go back to the 5se.

Fuck, apple is taking 3 steps back in design because they're so incompetent.

I'd rather have a GoatSE

>implying that popularity is the only thing to look at when buying a phone

>Implying that I implied that popularity is the only thing to look at, and not something else like build quality

Gonna spend it like no other. Now I've found another crush. The lush life's given me a rush. Had one chance to make me blush.

Shit thread btw

>He thinks this is actually an argument.

Grasping for straws, huh poorfag?

>implying iOS isn't miles ahead of lagdroid as an operating system

call me when lagdroid doesn't run through a VM and need 6 gigs of ram to run

also call me when a lagdroid phone finally beats the 6s in a benchmark

>>implying that popularity is the only thing to look at when buying a phone
Works for Operating Systems.
BTW... those sheep are using Android, of course, since it's the most popular.

Well you don't buy an iPhone for its locked down OS or its specs so I guess because Apple has better marketing.

>ishit
>build quality

i was going to say "well it's personal preference" but i can't actually think of any edge an iphone has over an equally priced (read: flagship) android phone. it's 2016 and the fucking things still don't have a file browser, basic customization, or emulators (i.e. the only way to play good games on a smartphone)

Call me when your lagPhone stops lagging and can open the phone app.

the bright side is the iphone 7 *should* get ip67 or ip68 certification, which would be a welcome trade-off, although samsung did that without removing shit, so it still sorta sucks
ios is more secure, more developer friendly, less bloated than Android, and each iphone gets updates beyond 1 year, unlike the chink xioami garbage phone you bought, but i get it, you're smarter than the rest of us because you can customize your loli themed phone more than we can, im btfo.

Is this even a real thing? I mean is the headphone jack really the 'limiter' to size for the iPhone? You really don't need a phone much thinner than the width of the jack. This just seems like an idea they experimented with.

>let me use a jailbroken iphone 5 to show has iOS is bad

go away pajeet

Smartphones will be remembered as a fad.

>this is what iToddlers actually believe
lmao

>but i get it, you're smarter than the rest of us because you can customize your loli themed phone more than we can, im btfo.

android shills on suicide watch

Fads do not last a decade

>he uses iShit

Poo in the fucking loo Rajeesh.

k pajeet

The only reason I purchased my iphone is imessage

Rarely do you max out your phone's specs or processor at all; storage really is the only relevant number and camera as a 2nd; which Apple has done a pretty good job of anyway

iShit was never good.

>Mention something Android
Nice shilling Pajeet
>Mention something about Apple
Poo in the fucking loo Rajeesh
>Mention something about AMD
Fuck off with this marketing Aadesh
>Mention something Nvidia
AMD shilling in full force! How much do they pay you Achmen?

I'm beginning to understand why Sup Forums has been slowly dying these past few years.

Google and Microshit's CEO's are literal Pajeets, so i'm not sure where the "iPhone users are Indian" memes come from, they literally cannot afford them, and obviously neither can you, loli phone wallpaper autistic poorfag.
with 1gb of ram, that iphone 5s on ios9 is still better than your sweatshop Chinkmi note 8000 running android 5.0 with ChinkUI and with all that bloat with a plastic camera lens cover that will shatter the first time your pimple-butt, fedora tipping ass sits on it.
why they hate apple shit so much is beyond me, they're all 18 year old NEETs that have a fetish for hating other people's screen slabs that make calls.

Only reason I buy piece of shit Iphones is because smart shit breaks every 10 minutes and apple replaces the device. My xperia z1 2 and 5 all randomly bricked on me and took 2 weeks each time to replace

The ironic part is you fags go out of your way to buy those heavy, old thinkpads stock with 1gb of ram bc "?"Muh friee software"

*drops phone in piss*

its because they're 1337 hackers like their hero edward snowedin and they don't want the gov't spying on them, meanwhile, in their mom's basement, they're content with shitposting on this ugandan bush meat poaching board on their chink garbage phones that are tracked by google and the chinese gov't

>HTC
>build quality

4s was the last good iphone
anything post-jobs is dogshit

jony a hack, cook a cuck, and now they wanna poo in loo

And all the clubs you get in using my name
You think you broke my heart
Ohhh girl for goodness sake
You think I'm crying
Oh my ohhh, well I ain't!

And I didn't wanna write a song
'Cause I didn't want anyone thinking I still care, I don't
But, you still hit my phone up
And baby I be moving on

And I think you should be somethin' I don't wanna hold back
Maybe you should know that
My mama don't like you and she like's everyone
And I never like to admit that I was wrong
And I've been so caught up in my job
Didn't see what's going on
But now I know
I'm better sleeping on my own

'Cause if you like the way you look that much
Ohhhh baby you should go and love yourself
And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'
You should go and love yourself

When you told me that you hated my friends
The only problem was with you and not them
And every time you told me my opinion was wrong
And tried to make me forget where I came from

And I didn't wanna write a song
Cause I didn't want anyone thinking I still care, I don't
But, you still hit my phone up
And baby I be moving on
And I think you should be somethin' I don't wanna hold back
Maybe you should know that
My mama don't like you and she like's everyone
And I never like to admit that I was wrong
And I've been so caught up in my job, didn't see what's going on
And now I know, I'm better sleeping on my own

Oh baby you should go and love yourself

For all the times that you made me feel small
I fell in love now I fear nothin' at all
I never felt so low when I was vulnerable
Was I a fool to let you break down my walls?

>He thinks this is actually an argument

Grasping for straws, huh applefag?

>iphone 5s on ios9

Poo in the loo Pajeet.

*dries piss-soaked phone*

kek

this is the second webm showing an iphone 5 (not s) running ios9 that you've shown so far. impressive kek, now find me an s4 running android 6...my bad, they don't exist lol. your ad-launching, java-infested, botnet os updates won't come to phones that old, because it needs at least 3GBs of ram to launch them or even boot up.

>iToddler thinks he's fooling anything
Even 80+ year old bureaucratic government dinosaurs realize iFags are brain dead botnet zombies lmao.

Paging Pajeet its already happening
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Runtime

hallo?

That's not iOS 9.

Those are all pre-iOS8 icons.

thats a 5 not 5s kys

still nothing but "muh itoddler" and "muh iFag" memes, so i guess while browsing loli hentai, you simultaneously weren't able to find any phones older than 3 years running the latest and "greatest" ad-launcher os, and didn't notice how apple didn't give the fbi access to even an iphone 5c, the most android (read: pleb) of apple phones.
well memed, carpel-tunnel, hunchbacked, thinkpad using loli NEET

Publicly disclosed by who? Apple? That means they fixed them, then. That's 384 fixed bugs, a good thing.

>Upgrading from a 4 to a SE
>New apps only just now requiring iOS 7
>Going to be fine for another half decade if need be

Pre iOS7, you mean. That's iOS6.

10/10

>androidfags are so triggered by apple that they have webms of iPhones lagging saved on their computers
>looks guys iphone lags too I can prove it looks guise

lel

If someone decided to save Android lagging webms there wouldnt be enough storage in the world

O_O

I'm an Apple user, but you're seriously taking too many dips of the preworkout mane.

The iPhone is notorious for bloat, it comes with a fuck load of apps you can't get rid of that chew space, stocks for example plus the new iHomeKit bullshit and not only that, the updates after one year have been known widely to break older devices to encourage obsolescence, example in point the latest iOS9 betas. Break not meaning literally bricking but slowed performance beyond what's usable. Furthermore you can throw as many insults as you like but it doesn't prove your point.

I enjoy using Freedom/Lucky Patcher/Exposed etc. Cydia pales in comparison. I'd buy an iPhone if it wasn't locked down garbage for the most part.

>The iPhone is notorious for bloat, it comes with a fuck load of apps you can't get rid of that chew space
u wot m8
Apps that come with the iPhone are just normal apps every phone should have. The only one I would consider bloat is the watch app.

>the updates after one year have been known widely to break older devices to encourage obsolescence
bullshit. My iphone 5 runs like new on iOS9. Older iPhones like the 4 had this problem but only because they had shit hardware

>a fuck load of apps that chew space
>break older devices
if you're on a 4s, sure, but in comparison to android phones that still come with their own OEM bullshit apps/ui on top of google's apps, that's nothing.

also i like how there's no argument against the much more pertinent points i made, such as ios being more dev friendly and more secure, which you'd know as an apple user, fampie. even though ironically mac osx is much worse than ios, so why you're defending android against ios as an osx user is blowing my mind.

you should have thought before posting

but the 5s was technically a jobs phone since he designed that one before he died

Good.
IPhone.
Pick one.

Build quality? You mean the thing that shatters if you sneeze at it harshly?

They're is a damned good reason everyone with an iPhone hides that wonderful build quality with a big toughass case. Because the build quality is shit.

I see people with cases on iphones as often as any other phone; Do you have any data to support your claim?

I agree that iPhones arent the most tough/resistant phones out there but that is only because apple is all about design. The quality certainly isnt bad.

Build quality and design are 2 very different things friend.

Toughness and resistance are part of build quality. And yes you can look up numerous damage tests between phones...google away. IPhones typically lose.

I'm seriously not understanding the thin desire if you are very much obligated to strap the bulkiest damn cases on it for it to be viable. It's not gonna be thin after that case gets done with it.

lrn2read m8

>will the 6s be the last good iphone ever?
Probably not
>will the 6s be the last good iphone for a while?
If you consider the 6s good then probably yes. That camera bump makes me want to throw up, so I wouldn't agree with you on that one though.

>worse than 6shit

AYYLMAO
Y
Y
L
M
A
O

Who even needs a 3.5mm jack in 2016?

I'm sure it'll come with bluetooth headphones.

IPhone 7 will destroy everything else on the market.

Hory shit! I think these are the very same specs as my moto x2. Same size screen in a smaller package, shit cost me 200 dollars. Why do people buy this retardedly over priced garbage?

Ok, so I used to work as an Apple engineer. Worked with really low level stuff, mostly with the SecureROM (bootrom) and LLB (low level bootloader). Neither iOS or Android is better than the other. Both are steaming piles of horse manure. iOS is only slightly more secure than Android. I know that Android encryption is a joke, but at least you can customize the OS.

It's time to kill the iPhone meme.

The SecureROMs (bootroms) of devices as new as the 5s have been exploited. This means the hardware is compromised. No OTA update could possibly fix it. If I get physical access to any iPhone 5s or older, it's game over. I'll have it open in a day. I'm looking into the 6 and 6s. I have a working iBoot exploit for the 6 which has allowed me to dump the SecureROM (dumping from userland is not a realistic option because of KPP).

For those who actually understood this, iOS 6.1.2 on my iPhone 5 is very nice :^)

>will the 6s be the last good iPhone?
No.

This.

There can't be a last if there was never a first.

How much does an iPhone drop in price when the new one is released?

And, if I buy the "old" iPhone, are there any disadvantages? Or will I be able to use the phone for at least another 2 years in terms of apps are all good to go and iOS will be updated if necessary.

True and now Samsung makes better "iPhones" than Apple themselves anyway.

Hey, I guess that explains why most Android devs use shitty ass fucking Java instead of a decent programming language.

DAE CMS garbage collection on portable devices? No... that's right, because RAM and battery are fucking limited. Enjoy your shitty slowdowns which are deserved due to the laziness of Java developers.

Who /custom/ here?

Holy fuck, you're so godamn inept. Here's a great way to determine security of each device.

How long does it take for a root tool to come out on Android (where there are many small teams working on many devices?)

How long does it take for a jailbreak to come out? Where there are a few massive (hundreds of REs in China working)?

Oh gee, maybe the more secure platform takes longer to get into because there's more shit to circumvent.

Go away you fucking blog-spam reading scrub.

It's more about the depth of the connecter.

You really think Xposed is better than Cydia (Substrate)? Come on man, most of the Xposed stuff is garbage. At least as a dev Cydia offers a means to make some cash, Xposed is just a massive pile of random shit.

I've developed for iOS and Android and to be honest, despite ObjC being a longwinded pile of crap Apple's APIs are far nicer than Google's. AutoLayout, CoreData, UIKit, etc. Hell, OS X frameworks suck massive dicks because they're so shit in comparison to their iOS counterparts, no kidding, it's like they hired a bunch of fucking idiots right out of elementary school for OS X, whilst iOS is damn well refined.

>acer

lol