Decided to try something new and fun and challenging. Stuffed my current setup into a Mini-ITX cube. Everything fit...

Decided to try something new and fun and challenging. Stuffed my current setup into a Mini-ITX cube. Everything fit. Just.

Who here livin that /cube/ life? Report in.

Micro-ATX can come play too.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163288&cm_re=silverstone_raven-_-11-163-288-_-Product
imgur.com/a/zOoA2
performance-pcs.com/swiftech-mcr140-x-drive-combination-radiator-pump-reservoir.html
performance-pcs.com/black-ice-nemesis-184mm-dual-core-xtreme-profile-radiator.html
performance-pcs.com/ek-fb-asus-m8i-monoblock-nickel.html
performance-pcs.com/alphacool-nexxxos-gpx-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-m07-incl-backplate-black.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not one of these
lol get out

if you're not going as small as possible, why bother going small at all?

go fanless or something useful instead

That's cool as fuck. Where's the PSU? What is this wizardry?

not wizardry
just someone with a little creativity decided to rearrange components into the smallest space possible

it started on some hardware forum and then lian li took an interest in it and it's on kickstarter now
i think he wanted $100 for the case without the PSU and $200 for the version with the integrated PSU
he might have jewed out on kickstarter though, i have no idea

dan-cases.com

It's $300.

looks like he wants $250 for it, which is MAXIMUM KIKE MODE PLS GIB SHEKELS but it's pretty sexy for what it is

The Dan case is way too expensive. Is there any decent cheap and as small as possible case out there right now?

>putting a nvidia card in a box that small

You realize that building explosive devices is a felony, right OP?

No exhaust fans too, just the 200mm intake up front. The card can breathe out the side and get fresh air instead of case air.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163288&cm_re=silverstone_raven-_-11-163-288-_-Product

I hate all the case designs, otherwise I would

this is my favorite cube desu

the PSU goes in front of the motherboard

>having a case

lol

Damn nigga that looks amazing

another small case, not sure if this was ever built

It's apparently $3k, but the manufacturer is licensing it to literally everyone so expect cheap ones eventually.

Don't even want to think of the thermals though.

Mini-ITX builds are always so adorable.

sup Pajeet

>fans
>moving parts
L M A O F A M A L A M S K I

They look really funny out of the case like that with a fullsize card.

great airflow design, being entirely encased in perspex like that

I've been using pic related for some time. Lian Li PC-Q25. Great for lugging to friend's house. Can stuff way more full size HDD's in it than my laptop.

pbbbbtttttt

Not a cube.
More a rectangle.

you could easily have holes on the sides to ventilate the GPU. seems like good design to me.
though that render needs a way to mount the PCIE bracket. could be a workable case if those issues are sorted out.

I have a LARGE and POWERFUL cube with BIG components

ive complimented you before, that thing is fucking gorgeous. is there a great imgur gallery or something?

No, there isn't. Maybe one day I'll make one. And thanks!

one day I will mount a raspberry pi in my old corsair 650D and have it out somewhere stupid

That's fuckin' hot.

Naa man, shit runs cool. :^)
Load temps are like 60°C CPU, 55°C GPU.

>lian li took an interest
He went to Lian Li, not the other way around.

>i think he wanted $100 for the case without the PSU and $200 for the version with the integrated PSU
There was never any plan to include a PSU, don't know where you're getting that from. It's around $250, which is partly because it uses low volume production methods, and partly the included 3M PCIe riser, which is like $70 by itself.

Have you seen the NCASE build gallery? imgur.com/a/zOoA2
His isn't in there, but there are a few other nice builds.

This is a kek
My original plan was actually VERY similar to the ChipHell build with the yellow cables. But, I wanted a stronger GPU than a 970, and didn't realize you have to mod the case floor for the 3.5" cage to fit there properly. So I settled on an air set up for a while. Then switched to water because the GPU was running at like 81°C in games.

Should I get pic related or an Ncase?

Pretty sure the Nova crowdfunding failed. And it's a micro-ATX case.
Go Ncase if you want to overclock or use 3.5" hard disks, Dan A4 case otherwise.

It's all relative to what you want.

If the Kimera was just a we bit bigger to actually support radiators, I'd have gone with it. But since it doesn't, the NCase was a better fit for me.

Aside from extra RAM slots (which aren't necessary for most users) and a few extra PCI slots that usually go unused, I feel as though mATX and mITX don't differ much.

80 shouldnt be you load temp "ohshit" number, maybe 90 or 95 but not 80

80 is a good ohshit number for 24/7 use but these chips can handle the heat. I just cleaned my radiator and I'm running 33C CPU and 26C GPU (23C ambient). I let it cake up dust until there is literally no airflow and I see 90+ CPU under load. So I am effectively running 85C+ under load for months until I clean again

sorry those low numbers are idle numbers, my load temps now are 67C CPU and 48C GPU

It wasn't really an "oh shit," just a "I don't like that number." I'm kind of feeling that way now, too. Motherboard runs into mid 50's during games. I might just get a slightly bigger case. Or go to mATX one day. If I went mATX I'd want something still relatively compact but with at least 480mm worth of useable radiator space. I can get ITX cases like that. Like the Manta, Evolv ITX, or Nano S.

How do you like the D Frame? Aside from the dust.

the dust thing is actually counter intuitive. I live with 3 dogs and 2 cats, so it cakes on the radiator pretty quickly but the rest of the case stays cleaner than my Corsair 650D did. Basically by having more open space and no walls there isn't much surface for dust to accumulate on (and the radiator pulls up from below so I dont see that dust).

You will have to dust sooner in a normal case than with an open design like this. I love the open case, I can hold it over the sink and spray water straight through the radiation and just wipe it off the cage. I did short out the mobo plugging in a USB cable once, but that's what I get for no I/O shield

ahhaha radiator I mean. I am very sleepy

enjoy this photo from before EKWB sent me the 90 degree fittings I ordered

I love these sleeper rigs

seen this posted a lot, never got an answer for the bubble wrap and shit stuck to the walls. noise?

I guess so

can you use a search engine, nigger?

ftz01/rvz01 has the best air cooling performance and a small footprint, rvz02 is a bit smaller and fanless.

just heat my shit up, senpai

How many hdds can these fit? I want to convert to the mini case life but I need 4 3.5s hdds and 2 ssds to fit in there

Those cases are all very different sizes, and some can hold a ton of drives and some hardly any.

Smallest you can go is probably Fractal Node 304. Provided your PSU is short enough because it may bump into the GPU.

Node 304 here, it can take up to 6 3.5 HDD's by default. I've seen people put SSD's either in the front or with some legs on top of the PSU, so storage is massive.

My PSU is a non-modular TS 550 with a R9 290, bit of a cable mess but still plenty of room.

I have a Silverstone RVZ01 at the moment, i like it, but honestly, it's still too big almost. I think my dream situation is an upgradable AIO.

yeah the node 304 looks pretty dope, trying to watercool it might be interesting though

how much are these cases? like $300 for the $3 of aluminium?

Laptop is miles better even is -30% performance

true hero
just get a usb hub and throw like 5 pi's in the case

sfx or fukc off

not really, that would hinder it if anything

Might want to get your sarcasm detector checked m8, seems to be broken

It's been done. If you ditch the hard drive cages you can put a dual 92mm radiator in the front and a 140mm radiator in the back. If I were to do it, it would be with these 4 components (or similar), plus fittings, tubing, and coolant:
performance-pcs.com/swiftech-mcr140-x-drive-combination-radiator-pump-reservoir.html
140mm rad, res, and pump in one unit
performance-pcs.com/black-ice-nemesis-184mm-dual-core-xtreme-profile-radiator.html
Dual 92mm rad
performance-pcs.com/ek-fb-asus-m8i-monoblock-nickel.html
Block for Maximus VIII Impact and CPU
performance-pcs.com/alphacool-nexxxos-gpx-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-m07-incl-backplate-black.html
GPU block for Asus mini 970

My nigga

why are power supplies so fucking big ?

Consoles, which are pretty much this formfactor, just put it on the outside in a 75lb brick. Need external psu for my external gpu to run my game installed with my external dvd to my external hdd

remove case and everything becomes external carrotface

>not using SFX PSU

Recently I've been thinking about making a little computer to replace my laptop. Picture is an in win 901, seems nice. Any advice on mitx mother boards?

Who /bigcubeonwheels/ here?

mITX boards from the big brands are all really good nowadays. It depends on what kind of special features you want or what color you want.

can the capacitors withstand that load even?

SilverStone has been using SFX PSUs for 7 years. It's a proven tech.

>901
I have one. I would suggest against it.

Here's an old pic of my build. I use a Hadron now.

>Can the caps withstand that load?
Shit yes they can. Servers are held to use even smaller than that. Heat is a problem though, hence the fan.
If you look below my GPU there's a 1U PSU. A bit loud but it's remediable. 500W 80+ gold.

I need to get the front, side, and top panels on....

Pomf

Every fucking time. Mind the excessive fittings, this is just a test build for now.

Cant wait for the case to be released.

For those interested.
Dan-cases A4-SFX

>implying thats as small as possible

Don't forget this

C U T E
U
T
E

> stock fan

And here you are, talking about useful fans.