Linux ends up costing more than windows because it consumes about 4 times the amount of voltages

>linux ends up costing more than windows because it consumes about 4 times the amount of voltages

Other urls found in this thread:

screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/174885
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wut

>filename
thanks

Not only no, but also no.

Holy shit.

If I may interject, the term preferred by the Free Software Foundation is watt-hours, not voltages.

Thanks friend. This is why I made this thread.

>1.4 MiB vs 57.6 KiB
Webm compression is not a meme.

I believe all these anti GNU/Linux threads are made by the same person. Nobody here cares about your fucking games. Fuck off.

Do Not Reply.sh --succ

>linux ends under-using multi-core or multi-CPU systems because the scheduler was badly designed.
Enjoy using your idle-cores OS freetards

impressive

>1.4MiB PNG vs 57.6 KiB WebM
PNG is lossless, WebM is lossy

They both look the same though.

No, they don't.

Yes they do. I get that the webm is lossy but both png and webm versions pretty much the same to me on my Note 4. I'm impressed.

You can see some obvious artefacting in the top left and right

You can actually tell the color difference from the conversion from RGB24 to YUV420p colorspaces. Furthermore, artifacts are present in both because the original lossless PNG is from a lossy source.It's literally a transcode of a transcode, transcoded into a lossless png, then transcoded again to WebM. It goes through 3 colorspace conversions.

dumb sayaposter

Do it

Stop using my precious Saya for your dumb shitposting. Use Hotaru instead, she is a cum slut.

It's a pretty hard to tell. You have to zoom in 1:1 and toggle the images in the same frame to see the difference.

Here's a comparison for anyone interested: screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/174885

Now I can tell
Barely any difference
I'd say it is worth it for the nice filesize reduction

Post your chinese cartoons on

>I'd say it is worth it for the nice filesize reduction
I bet you love the mp3s you get from vevo with youtube-downloader-tool-free
get off Sup Forums you fucking normie-pleb

Go back to r3ddit frogposter.

>I bet you love the mp3s you get from vevo with youtube-downloader-tool-free
>get off Sup Forums you fucking normie-pleb
Fuck off bloatgirls rep.

No

Nobody is saying that. We're just impressed at how small the webm is compared to the png and how similar they look. You'd expect some super-blocky jpeg like image with bleeding colors everywhere at that small file size.

Samefag

Everytime i see someone call samefag they are wrong

congrats

Hotaru is a good girl retard

fuck off, autist

Some fag is turning every thread pic into a webm and he is the autist. Okay...

>okay...
You sound a little nervous there pal, everything okay?

He only seems to be targeting shitposts though. I like him.

who is this cutie patootie?

thanks for the post pajeet

Watt-hours amount to ampers. I don't thing there is such a thing as quantifiable voltages.

Linux uses less power than Windows not more. That is unless you get shit tier hardware. On business laptops just plain Ubuntu gets about double the battery life as widows 7, and about 1.5 times the battery life of Windows 10.

Saya from Dagashi Kashi

My Linux netbook costs 0.008 USD to charge and runs for 6 hours. Both of those numbers would be true for Windows as well but this is Sup Forums. Computers is cheap.

(not true by the way)

How did you get this picture of my wife?

Watt hours are actually a unit of energy, not current.

Source: my ass

Shitposting aside, power management is a real issue on Linux and is continuously avoided and ignored by its fanboys, so there's never any pressure on its developers to fix it. It sucks.

>costs 0.008 USD to charge
>citation needed

0.035 kWh @ 0.227 USD/kWh = 0.007945 USD

>35 watts lasts 6 hours
Nigga how fucking weak is your netbook?

Intel Celeron N2840 @ 2.58 GHz, 2GB DDR3L, 13.3" 1366x768

pulled 24V on windows, pulls 24V on Linux. now be a good faggot and fuck off back to Sup Forums.

Looking for something around those specs, what is it?

>voltage source is the same either way
What?