Explain to me why Programming on Linux is comfy compared to other OSs

Did I just get memed? How is this more comfy? Sure vim is fun, but IDEs come more specialized in the task and many come with vim implemented or as an addon. Is there something I am missing here?

I don't program anything valuable or significant so the "comfy" is just that it's easier. I don't need an IDE and didn't have to actually set anything up.

Wouldn't IDEs be much easier setting up considering there are gui interfaces for everything?

Only comfy in that C/C++ libraries are more available

Any new language like Go has its own package manager so you don't need to worry about it

command line
handling of processes

>windows
>everything is everywhere and a clusterfuck

>linux
>everything is put into a certain place
>utilities to organize and help use other libraries
>simple scripting to be able to flexibly compile and use everything

IDEs are for noob programmers that can't remember the fucking syntax of anything without their handholding, bloated pieces of shit showing them exactly what every function expects.

>everything is everywhere and a clusterfuck
You know if you don't like the default layout than you can change it right?

>linux
>everything is put into a certain place
>utilities to organize and help use other libraries
>simple scripting to be able to flexibly compile and use everything
Are you using terminal to code? I agree with the third one, but 1 and 2 is basically non existent. You can download addons to vim, but even then it is no different from c oding from an ide.

>IDEs are for noob programmers that can't remember the fucking syntax of anything without their handholding, bloated pieces of shit showing them exactly what every function expects.
I know for a fact that anyone that claims they know every syntax is a liar. I started from Dr. Java 6 years ago and it had nothing like autocomplete, but it was a pleasant surprise when I could choose from a list of syntax's if I forgot one that day.
>showing them exactly what every function expects
What is wrong about that?

>graphical user interface interfaces

fuck

Package managers
Command-line
Superior kernel if you actually want to run what you've made

Can you explain the package manager and superior kernel?
Specifically how would exactly a package manager help with coding better?

Install and uninstall anything (libraries) u need easily/don't need.

Installing a library in windows can be a fucking nightmare, while in linux it just werks.
In linux you can just create a makefile, use the tools you wants, the options you want, use git to work with people, and they'll just have to use the makefile. Either using the console, or asking the IDE to use the custom makefile. Everyone will be able to use the tools he wants, the project will remain the same for everyone.
You have a lot of great tools for compiling and debugging.

I forgot to say, but grep is actually an awesome tool, and the terminal emulators are way better than the windows CMD

Don't bother. ANybody claiming that intellisense is useless, never a day working on a real project with XX dependencies.

You go meme'd.
t. wasted several years on "linux at home" meme

Your whole OS is your IDE. If that's not comfy as fuck I don't know what is.

>Not posting the latest version

There is no good SAPI for Linux.
Windows integrated one is very good and easy to use.

Just use what makes you happy. Not what makes us happy.

Linux is comfy to program C on but so is Windows if you don't mind using visual studio. I personally love using eclipse for java on any OS so its all the same shit to me.

>this fucking thread
How many of you know how to program and use Linux? Be honest because it looks like most of you are pulling shit right out of your asses.
Linux based distros are better because of these few reasons.
>as opposed to windows, on linux you just have to install the *-dev package from the repo if you need to develop using some library
>the API is dead simple to use as opposed to windows. Example is the socket API, winsock is absolutely horrifying to use, while linux sockets are easier, and more powerful
>very cusomizable

>implying a gui is easier

UBUNTU: TRUST TRY IT