Hibernate

>hibernate
>sleep
Which one and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HiLWCf2MPHQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sleep for short periods otherwise just turn it off.

Why?

I tend to use both really

For fucking what?
Computers boot up really quick with SSD anyway, just turn off when you really dont use it otherwise keep it on forever.

that has got to be the worst piece of macro photography i have seen in a long time

i swearr to fucking god, these retards buy all this high end equipment that i'll never be able to afford, and they just never bother to learn how the fucking aperture works

shutdown is the answer

Use hybrid sleep and have best of both worlds.

this

turn off monitor for short periods of time, shut down for longer periods of time

I have a UPS so I only use Sleep.
Otherwise upse Hibernate for longer periods.

youtube.com/watch?v=HiLWCf2MPHQ

REKT

Is this some retard running Systemd intentionally on Gentoo?

oh shit, that makes me feel much better

i guess context is everything

whatever the OS does as default. Can't be arsed to change it

Sleep or power down, hibernation is useless.

how can bee sleep, it moved it's legs when the asshole tried to cut him

Nice troll, I'll be sure to tickle your nose with a feather when you sleep. I mean, you wont twitch your nose, so theres no problem.

You can get even faster to graphical.target by not requiring network services to be running.

I prefer hibernate as I care about battery life a lot and can wait a fraction of a second longer unlike many I know. But I turn it off if I think I will be gone more then 2 hours.

But I really only use sleep,
because my stupid mac drops all my secondary drivers when hibernating, which includes important thing like the mouse, keyboard and F#(& power button.

More like sleep and standby, which one.

Some people want to put their computer away with the ability to pick it up where they left off. Me for example, my computer has shit battery life so when I'm working away from home, whenever I take a break I hibernate my computer to preserve battery and to maintain its state.

>not using hybrid-suspend

How I would go about that?

Looks to me like a cheap macro from an handheld reversed nifty fifty

>closing your computer for something other than kernel updates and shit
You are all bunch of faggots