I'm fucking tired of this ungodly, broken, buggy piece of shit

I'm fucking tired of this ungodly, broken, buggy piece of shit.

>set global max connections to 250
>basically says 'lol fuck off' and opens up 4000 connections

>put a torrent to download
>ERRORED
>speed goes down to 0 and it stops
>pause and start again
>it works
>10 minutes later ERRORED again

Why can't we have nice things? There is literally not other torrent client that is free and open source + has an automatic RSS downloader AND is not written in some meme language like python

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5047
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Use 2.2.1, faggot.

>open source

>set global max connections to 250
>basically says 'lol fuck off' and opens up 4000 connections
Sounds like you should report that t the devs.

Transmission you negro

>automatic RSS downloader

Are there any BitTorrent clients worth using outside of the following?

Deluge, cuz cross-platform, good features and usability. Can also be daemonized and ran on seedboxes, and even has a CLI UI.

Transmission, cuz shiny and usable. Has WebUI and daemon mode just like Deluge. Is also highly scriptable.

rtorrent, cuz command-line.

tixati, cuz it is shiny and a good Windows client.

Nothing else seems to be worth using.

>>set global max connections to 250
>>basically says 'lol fuck off' and opens up 4000 connections

I'll take things that never happened for $500.

Fucking CIA niggers

Works on my machine

:^)

>falling for the free software meme
lol, just use utorrent 2.2.1. There are no exploits for it and it's faster and better than any freetard program like qbtorrent.

>Deluge
python
RSS only through

>Transmission
no RSS(only available through some workarounds for linux only)

>rtorrent
doesn't work properly with NTFS

>Tixati
not open source
except it literally did, it wasn't the first time either
>check connections
>1500 connections
>close QBitorrent
>200 connections after a minute
>open QBittorrent
>1000 connections after a minute

Use deluge OP, it just werks and is FOSS.

RSS only through plugins*

>using open source software

I almost fell for it.

Thanks user.

>RSS only through
Did you mean through a plugin, such ?

>Transmission, no RSS
Good point.

>rtorrent and NTFS
Good point as well.

>tixati
Forgot it was closed-source. I still think it's a good client though. Though it'll probably go the way of Poo in the Lootorrent at some point.

Do you know of any other good clients that have strong points that other clients may be missing, such as RSS?

I agree its not very good but it does get the job done. And its not likr you spend alot of time starring at it anyway.

yes, I meant through the addon
Honestly, I haven't tried Deluge because the fact it's written in python always put me off so I didn't bother.
I've used QBittorrent for at least a year now, even recommended it to people but this shit is getting out of hand.
I was even ready to blame my router for the connection spam, but then I get these errored torrents all of a sudden.
I wish I knew if there was something else, none of the lite clients have support for RSS or don't have the already mentioned problems.
I guess I'll try Deluge now and maybe Tixati later, don't see another solution.

that is not the point, my router filters connections at 4096 active connections, so when it got maxed out I couldn't even connect to the DNS server.
Also errored downloads like mentioned in the OP aren't really desired

Why doesn't anyone ever mention Halite in these threads? It's the first suggestion on the installgentoo wiki

probably lacks some advanced features a lot of people want

I tried to use Halite for a few weeks, but it had some serious usability problems that I now cannot remember.

I think it may have been related to file priority. Where if you downloaded a huge-ass torrent and only needed a small subset of the files, you had to go and set the priority one at a time. You couldn't do it in bulk.

use newest version of utorrent and disable the ads. everything else is just a freetard meme that is bug ridden

Get a better computer, Qbittorrent works fine for me.

2.0.4 till the day I die.

>get a better computer
it's like I'm reading those shitty tech forums filled with children that think they know anything about computers

Works for me.

Tixati just works and looks Sup Forums af, idgaf if they track me occasionally pirating shows or gaymz.

>there are no exploits for it
>this kills the board

Dat image size

You fell for the b8 m8.

I'm tired of winfags saying qb is a broken piece of shit. It's broken because it's running in a shitty OS running a shitty, broken, fucked up "sharing" method that was created for perfectly level networks, not stealing the latest shit movie over the internet.

okay user

Some of the bugs seem really silly.

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5047

that one is true though, if unselect files, as in you don't want to download them at all, it still downloads them, sometimes partially, sometimes completely and puts them in a .unwanted folder.

Sounds like QBitTorrent subscribes to the principle of most surprise.

if you unselect some files*, is what I meant

Why do you care in what language is written? Do you want to contribute on the programs you are using?

isn't qbitorrent completely broken on windows 10? like after a certain amount of torrents added, it makes your computer glitch up for split seconds

I'm just autistic when it comes to that

Isn't it because a block contains data from both a wanted and unwanted file and if it didn't store the unwanted part of the block it couldn't rehash after you delete and re-add the torrent?
Absolutely reasonable though there should be an option probably.

yea, I think something like that was the explanation last time I looked for the answer.
It's kinda fucked, they don't make the client delete the .unwanted folder afterwards either.
Then again, who knows if it might fuck up and delete something else other than what it's supposed to

this desu senpai

Dumb question, what exactly is daemon mode?

qbloat-16MB
utorrent 221-350KB
utorrent 3.47-2.4MB

FUD CONFIRMED

malware

Not a dumb question, user.

Running a program as a daemon means you run it in the background, and it has no visibile user-interface.

This is perfect for servers, which have no UIs. You can keep the daemon (in this case, deluged or transmission) in the background, and then connect to it either through a web browser, a command-line interface, or through a desktop GUI that knows how to connect to the daemon.

I used to run a FreeBSD seedbox and ran Deluge as a daemon on there. I managed it from my machine by connecting the Deluge GUI to the remote daemon session, from which I added or removed torrents and whatnot.