ITX computers

Did you fall for the itx meme?

I'm downsizing my computer, and I was looking into using this bad boy.

Under 12 liters, pretty good.

Anyways, share your itx builds and experiences itt.
Oh, and do we know what the exact length of the rx480 will be? I can't find it anywhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6hcSpSC8T0M&t=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I really like mini ITX. And have always been interested in small form factor.

That case looks pretty radical.

I am one of those really hyped for the A4-SFX.

The only problem i can see with that is no space at all for a decent heatsink... you either have to get one of those expensive top blow ones that wont let you fit the first 2 slots of ram in, or use the shitty stock cooler.

Might be able to fit a clc in there, which is probably the best option.

Just build it into the case of a 3rd-hand goodwill microwave.

>$200+

Now that shit is kawaii, nigga

>Did you fall for the itx meme?
I would,but fuck no that case is ugly.

Fortunately I have a original Xbox case in which I could build one.

Only someone without any knowledge of manufacturing costs would say that.

Considering that it is not in anyway in mass production, special equipment costs a lot to get manufactured.
Just look at simple parts for machine building.

People have a twisted idea of how the price is set for things. Since we have been too accustomed to the very cheap production facilities in the East.

(The case is supposed to be made by Lian Li, so the price is high per default.)

Nobody here cares actually. They don't want to be caught buying $5 of aluminum for 230 euro despite the reality.

yes and I regretted it, though that might have just been because I used an AIO (fractal kelvin s24)
they're still cramped as fuck and you have to manage a lot of heat and noise in a very small space

I switched to a define r5 and haven't looked back

How many case fans do I need in an ITX build to prevent thermal throttling of an aircooled overclocked 980 Ti and 6700k? Is 120mm intake and 120mm exhaust enough? They are Gentle Typhoon 1850 rpm fans.

Got a desktop PC in this case, though I typically use my laptop hooked to the same monitor and keyboard/mouse.

It's pretty rad, although the cables from the PSU interfere with long GPUs and I was really lucky I got a modular one with all connectors at the very bottom.

Why do ITX cases never have dust filters?

I dunno, very few ATX/mATX ones do. But you can always install your own.

No, my builds require a decent cpu cooler.

>no dust filters
>cramped as fuck
>noisy
>a box the size of that silverstone ain't really "compact" now is it?

iTX is a total meme. Unless you're an enthusiast who can put together a decent custom loop, itx should be avoided.

>never
Never say never.
I'll be gutting a DVD player when Bristol Ridge hits the market. The heatsink will be difficult but the DC/DC PSU should be easy.

You can now have quad core processors that stay under 50W without clocks going to shit.

corsair 250d has dust filters on all intakes including power supply intake

>>no dust filters
See >>cramped as fuck
Yes, small size comes at the premium of size. Shocking, isn't it?
>>noisy
You what? Since when did physical size become directly related to volume?
>>a box the size of that silverstone ain't really "compact" now is it?
Yes, because the silvestone case in the OP is the only ITX case out there. Even if we're ignoring the other tiny cases in this thread, that case is not exactly large. It would easily fit in a TV bench without being obtrusive if it weren't for the absolutely horrendous shade of pink.

>no dust filters
easily solved, also dust is not a problem if you think about the airflow and don't live in a sty

>cramped as fuck
you mean space efficient

>noisy
if you're a retard, any case will be noisy

>a box the size of that silverstone ain't really "compact" now is it?
it's half the volume of an average atx case

fucking silverstone chinks make an all pink one but making an all white one is too much of a challenge.

>no dust filters
no one is forcing you to buy shit cases.

There is a white one.

I bought one for my NAS/home server and regretted it, for the lack of ability to keep adding more hard drives. Was also a pain to work on and a pain to cool. Replaced with a full-ATX system.

the front is black.

The massive side grille is an intake for the graphics card and I don't see a filter on it.

>never
If YOURS doesn't have dust filters you can probably buy some in a store near you.

The horror

paint it

I love the look of the 202 but is there any worry with like actually decent parts? they all seem to have access to the outside air, but the psu's only 450.

>the psu's only 450

I don't think you can put a 150W CPU + 250W GPU in there without causing a fire, so 450 should be enough.

>but the psu's only 450.
You can buy it without a PSU for $30 cheaper and get a PSU of your choosing. It's an SFX PSU slot, the highest rated of which that I've seen is good for 650 watts. I also think you're greatly underestimating how much 450 watts is.

I love the design of this case but I wish there was a higher end version that ditched the chintzy looking plastic, supported standard ATX PSUs, and was wider and more shallow so it'd fit underneath a monitor without protruding into the desk space in front too much. Something with the shape of this render maybe.

oh I definitely am. but I was thinking of a 390 and 6500 and the combo of heat and ventilation and psu were worrying me.

You have very specific tastes. You'd probably be better served by making your own. It's a box, so it's not all that difficult, you'd just need to buy a few switches, standoffs and pieces of mesh.
The ventilation doesn't look like it would be a problem. The GPU goes in its own separate compartment with an air vent and the possibility of fans. Surely a 6500 wouldn't be that hard to cool?

I was very interested in the case until I decided to go with my idea to gut a DVD player. I barely use Kaveri to its full potential, I doubt Bristol Ridge would hamper me.

Should I give up on mITX if I value function over form?

>Since when did physical size become directly related to volume?
Ummmm length * width * height = volume you plebian

You can find form-over-function cases of any format. ITX is mostly about compactness when you don't need expansion cards or 10 hard drives.

But I still need to cool my overclocked cpu and gpu.

>SFX PSU plus a separate laptop PSU that's also inside the case

>I am deliberately ignoring context so I can misinterpret the meaning of a word to appear stupid
Well done you mucous eating oaf.
Depends on what your function is. Will you be running a very minimal system with at most a GPU and a limited number of storage drive? Then mITX is function over form, as opposed to getting a mostly empty full tower EATX case.

ITX is just about the lack of expansion slots on the mainboard. You can find bigger ITX cases that can handle overclocked stuff.

Not him but where do you see the laptop PSU? I see nothing of the sort.

what's the smallest atx case available? i don't want to drop sli/crossfire

>What is the display psu

>You have very specific tastes. You'd probably be better served by making your own. It's a box, so it's not all that difficult, you'd just need to buy a few switches, standoffs and pieces of mesh.
You're probably right, but making it look good would require tools, skills, and experience that I most certainly do not have. Living in an apartment in the city kinda precludes me from some types of tools, too. Still worth a shot I guess, though.

Can't they power the display from the same PSU as everything else, like in every all-in-one prebuilt? The power required for it should be peanuts compared to that 1080.

holy shit desu familia

>but making it look good would require tools, skills, and experience that I most certainly do not have
You are capable of cutting in a straight line, are you not? You could very easily make this from cardboard, give it a coat of paint when you're done to hide the fact and make the air vents of steel mesh that you can cut with some robust scissors.
I'm going blind, sorry user. As the other user pointed out, probably powers the display.
Displays can require some funny voltages. I've seen a pretty big range between 8V and 36V. Dell used to bundle monitors with their towers that would take 12V from the back of the PSU with an external cable but I'm not aware of anyone else doing anything similar.

There are probably EE reasons for it as well, large power draw causing fluctuations in the supply leading to poor quality picture and so on and so forth.

i wonder what kind of heat dissipation this thing has.

i mean it's no secret that display panels suffer in terms of longevity and color accuracy when too much heat is applied

>Displays can require some funny voltages.

There's nothing in a modern LCD that requires a funny voltage. Backlight can be made to work with pretty much any voltage above 3.3V, and controller chips are driven with low voltage through their own separate converters.
I guess they either couldn't get a SFX PSU with enough power output for everything, or they used pre-existing display circuitry with 19V input and couldn't be arsed to modify it.

There's probably a couple big fans on the rear cover.

Excellent layout!

I like it, but if only it were pinker

looks like an easy bake oven

that's kawaii as fuck senpai

>or they used pre-existing display circuitry with 19V input and couldn't be arsed to modify it.
My point exactly, they probably just grabbed an off the shelf part. There's also the possible concern of inconsistencies in the supply if shared with the rest of the components.

My dad wants a small build to convert videos and such. Nothing else. He's concerned about space and such.

So I decided I would buy him a mini ITX build with an i3 6100, 8gb of RAM and a 240gb SSD. Is this good?

Wouldn't he want a pretty beefy CPU if he's going to do a lot of re-encoding videos?

The i3 and the storage space might be lacklustre if he's going to be converting videos. Throw in an additional HDD an upgrade to the cheapest i5 because video converting is one of those cases where more cores are definitely better.

>Fortunately I have a original Xbox case in which I could build one.
>TFW no nano-ITX boards to build a Gamecube size PC with

If the video conversion software can make use of intel's quicksync, he wouldn't.

His budget is fairly limited, but I guess I could go farther. BTW he just wants more speed and he's been using a 10 year old dual core processor. His PC died there.

I'm looking at 350€ of so, maybe I could go cheaper on the SSD but I think an i5 6400 is a bit of a huge jump in price there.

Sure, if he's willing to give up quality.

Hey I want a slim itx build in like a node 202 or something but i also want a 6700k and gtx 1080 and overclock the shit out of them

Can it be done?

if you're deaf maybe

>itx case
>no milo ml07
From Silverstone similar cases are (pic related)+ml 08+rvz01+rvz02+(some fortress edition)

No a modern highend CPU and GPU have no business in an ITX case unless you are going full watercooling somehow.

GTX 970 and 6700K work just fine in my Node 304 with none of the fans at full speed.

I want my next build to be mITX but I would need a case that can fit a full water cooling loop.

Options?

>GTX 970
>high end

youtube.com/watch?v=6hcSpSC8T0M&t=2

Accept no compromise

>seperate monitor psu when all it does is feed 12v to the inverter and 5v to the monitor electronics
power that fucker from a molex connector lol.

>support graphics card up to 13 inches

S-senpai, stop! It's too big!

>inverter
>5v electronics

Holy shit, we have a time traveler from 1995

What about in a box like 250D?
Im not doing mid size atx again that's fucking retarded

This is an "inverter" used for driving cfl tubes.
Most lcd monitors have a similar one, and most lcd monitors have a psu that outputs 12v and 5v. Even if the electronics of the monitor needed 3.3v, thats easy enough to pull from the computer's psu.

>cfl tubes

You really should consider going back to 1995

actually that miiiiiight be an audio amp.
Still, the monitor would not require any specilized power supply requirements. 12v, 5v, 3.3v can all be supplied by an atx psu in high amperage.

Better build a custom case that will be directly suited for the parts you plan on using.

Buy some aluminum sheets, good quality food or thick plastic or plexi

Fell for it and love it. Got this case and it's perfection.

This week on ITX or EasyBake

The one with the square front is nicer looking.

If I was doing an ITX build I'd get a AIO cooled gpu and 120mm CPU AIO cooler and call it a day. Only way to keep temps down without insane noise in a small case like that and none of the hassle of a full loop. If you find building and maintaining loops fun though go for it.

The front is square user-kun

I mean this one.

I hope they do a square version of the V21. My GPU is too long for this ones.

Always wanted to build a couple of these for stupid amounts of storage.

I have a Mini-ITX motherboard on a Full ATX Tower. I'm enjoying all the room user.

>all the room
posts a picture of a hanger that is absolutely stuffed full of planes.

That's pretty dumb. ITX boards are more expensive usually.

That case has been tested to have bad hard disk ventilation.

I'm well aware, this board had a Cost of $400, I bought off eBay for $60 fully working, it's been two years now, no problems so far. Jackpot!

Hard disks user, those are the Hard Disks.

Is there any non shitty CPU Cooler for Mini-ITX boards? I was even considering to CNC machine a Waterblock for the CPU.